TForce | APWA/IBT NLRB Election to be held at KC

And why did they refuse admission to people that wanted to attend?
They want a captive audience and no opposition as they try to imprint the evils of the Teamsters on those who don't know the truth. Kind of like the non-Union Companies do in their brainwashing anti-Union meetings. It sounds more like a cult than a Union. I'm sure that their Anti-Union attorney has them do it this way......it's very transparent to all of us.

Then what you posted is correct. The guy gets all the benefits of union representation without having to pay the dues. Stupid labor laws that always are slanted against organized labor.

i thought they still had to pay a pecentage? we have one or two guys in camp hill that are not in the union but from what i understand they still have to pay something just not the full amount. is this correct?

Well this driver I worked with got kicked out for being a trouble maker,the Teamsters took his union card away from him.
He lost his membership,and was no longer required to pay any dues.
But because my trucking company was a Teamster company,his wages,and benefits were paid per the union contract.
So when he retired he was able to get a union pension.

i thought they still had to pay a pecentage? we have one or two guys in camp hill that are not in the union but from what i understand they still have to pay something just not the full amount. is this correct?

It depends if they are in a right to work state or not. In a non right to work state, they have to pay a percentage of the dues even though they are not in the Union.

In a right to work state, they dont have to pay anything and get to freeload on the members that do pay their dues.

They want a captive audience and no opposition as they try to imprint the evils of the Teamsters on those who don't know the truth. Kind of like the non-Union Companies do in their brainwashing anti-Union meetings. It sounds more like a cult than a Union. I'm sure that their Anti-Union attorney has them do it this way......it's very transparent to all of us.

The teamsters dont want on the ballot at KC because they know they dont have a CHANCE!!:hysterical:

I am sure that thought is a comfort to you as you race to the phone booth for your next "pod" meeting. Oh wait, they've taken the phone booths out! Now what?

Well nospinzone thank you for addressing my concerns.
It looks likes your organization is getting all of their ducks in a row.

Its good to have a vision like you have.
Putting it into practise may be another story?

Alls I know up to this point is the Teamsters is a proven operation,and your outfit seems to just be in the planing stage?

We've been non-union forever,and to be looking at organizing,to be represented by an outside party,I feel in my many years of experience in our LTL trucking industry we'd be a lot better off with the operation thats already representing all of the other LTL companies.

Rather than the new kids on the block.

Maybe this is just the way I'm looking at this issue?
But I've been around awhile,and taking a chance on something new isn't always the best idea.

What terminal are you out of ? Do they have APWA meetings there?

This morning the APWA officers visited the Kansas City NLRB field office and submitted authorization cards requesting a secret ballot election at the KC UPSF barn. An election petition requires that greater than 30% of employees within a building have signed authorization cards. Last week UPS corporate denied the APWA's request for voluntary card check recognition. This sign of favoritism by UPS necessitated APWA requesting the NLRB to conduct this secret ballot election.

More info as it becomes available.
Who gives a Shi! about your apwa..:biglaugh:

Who is giving the APWA meetings in HRS?
Mickey & Frank :hysterical:

At HRS any APWA Lit. that is posted on the bulletin board, isn't even up a day and it get's ripped down. Middle mgnt. know's the APWA is just a arms lenghts away of calling a vote. And no, Mickey Kelley and Frank Egerits do not run the APWA meetings. But I guess you would'nt know because you never had the GUTS to go to one.That's your stupidity. Please do not reply to any more of my post's, I'm getting bored of ignorance and stupidity of people like you.

I debated on whether to reply to these posts because about 75% of them lack any forethought or inquisitive, constructive thinking about the reall issues that effect your daily lives.

Take for example the post about Van and Danny not being union members. They were faithful, dues-paying Teamsters in 391 for over 50 years combined. But if you were starting a COMPETING union, why would you stay in the union you want to get rid of?

Or the post regarding organizing other parcel companies. You already have a poor example of a multi-employer union. The difference with the APWA is that their attention doesnt get divided between DHL, Carhaulers, and 30 other companies as IBT does now. All their attention goes to making sure the working conditions for the employees of one company, UPS, are what they should be. In the same manner, your union resources won't get diluted either. All of your dues will go towards you and your coworkers and making Mike E life a little less comfortable.

And the reason for including UPS Freight in the APWA.... I'll let you think about that one and come back to it later.

Another post.... Van and Danny are both feeder drivers. They spend most of their time on the phone while driving talkin to people and answering their questions. Their lives have virtually been put on hold for the past few years. It's a wonder their wives haven't divorced them. They are sacrificing for what they believe in.

FinallyBut if amusements and distractions are the best you have to offer, feel free to go ahead. I won't interrupt your comedy tour anymore.

And back to the question you were suppose to be thinking about. If APWA didn't include the Freight side, IBT would most likely come along and organize you. You would then be stuck in that nightmare, which is reason enough for me, but also the company would play each union against each other during contract negotiations. One unified work force would be most effective against UPS. Unlike now where you have the IBT who is so weakened financially by its other non-UPS members, that UPS is dictating the contract negotiations.

I understand that some of you are so hyped up on the IBT Koolaid that you'll never consider anything else. But for those of you who aren't, make up a list to compare and contrast the differences between what a multiemployer union can do for you and what a single employer union can do for you. If questions arise, contact the APWA officers via their website. I don't expect APWA to beat IBT in every category, but its the grand scheme of things that counts. If APWA can make it in Kansas City, whose to say that can't make it in ____________. (You fill in the blank.)
:shades:
i didnt no you cared that much by my post.---Local776's comment of "if your with your partner 24/7".... making jokes and quick one liners makes for good times, but also reflects your intended goal of discrediting the APWA with superficial jokes-- which is mainly what the IBT has been reduced to lately.
by the way i am not apart of a union,but to discredit The apwa they have done a good job themselves.

350 workers in KC and their meeting a few Sundays ago had about 15 in attendance......not looking too good for the apwa.

You work for yrc. How would you know?Why dont you keep your nose in your own company?Of course it probaly isn't going to be around to much longer. I heard it's pretty easy to steal freight from yrc, your service is lousy.