Holland | Black Friday Is Coming!!!!!

i work for holland in al a former red star worker and i just want to let you guys know how bad you have it here as far as seinority rights are concerned; we do not have destination bids as we had at red star in al they take anyone off the dock in any random order as far as i am concerned they might as well spin a wheel or maybe just throw a dart when determining what order a man leaves the dock.they will work a juinor man 60 hours over asenior man who will only get 40 hours just because he does not work his a** off ! Itis a shame our union has come down to giving all our rights away,:hide: :hide: :hide:

They would never work a junior man over a senior man, just wouldnt happen.......:smilie_132:

Zollars: YRC cost-cutting will include job losses
YRC Worldwide Inc. will cut an undetermined number of jobs in the next six months as part of its effort to reduce costs by $100 million, Chairman Bill Zollars said Friday.

Clients are being pinched, too. The trucker will reprice contracts for some ''unprofitable customers'' at its USF Holland and Reddaway divisions in the Midwest, Zollars said.

FREIGHT TEAMSTERS

It doesn't look good boys and girls! :hide:

Lets take back America!!!!!

:USA: Even though it might be late, Americans need to start looking for the made in America label again. I understand it is tough to buy everything made in America, but we need to take back our own industry and country , put our Americans back to work. :USA:

Reddaway Sacramento didnt wait tell friday they wacked the JR p&d driver 10/29/07 maybe he will sign a card now .More layoffs are in the works .The way I see it the only chance the JR people have is to sign a card before it happens to you.(If anyone a card just let me know.)

:USA: Even though it might be late, Americans need to start looking for the made in America label again. I understand it is tough to buy everything made in America, but we need to take back our own industry and country , put our Americans back to work. :USA:

you are 151 percent right. take back what is are.:1036316054:

Listen--CAREFULLY---to Bill's webcast

Don't just believe everything you are told by your fellow "goodbuddies" or READ on the web. Listen to what the man says, and pay attn. to the last 5 min. of the Q & A session.
Just LISTEN to him before you believe what all the other "followers" say. He's asked pointblank about the labor force. There's a lot of guys here than would like nothing better than to see Holland buried. I hope they rest well at night. Don't let these guys bs you. Get the facts yourself.

GREAT POST:1036316054: Remember It will cost more because most AMERICAN workers make a living wage, unlike the sweat shops in China and Mexico :USA:

I buy American every chance I get. Here's something I found out a while ago. When I was looking for a farm tractor I could not find one that was made in the USA. I did find one that was mostly made in the USA. I think I remember them saying it was somewhere around 65% made in America. Its getting more and more difficult to buy only American. Its a shame.

Reddaway Sacramento didnt wait tell friday they wacked the JR p&d driver 10/29/07 maybe he will sign a card now .More layoffs are in the works .The way I see it the only chance the JR people have is to sign a card before it happens to you.(If anyone a card just let me know.)

Unfortunately they are stuck and have no clue about whats really going on. They seem to live in their own happy little world thinking they don't have a care in the world. Boy its going to be a rude awakening for those guys.

with the HOS change (supposively) coming up in december.. job cuts may very well be in mgmnt and not in drivers .... if drivers have to revert back to 10 hrs driving and no 34 hour restart .... there may be less chiefs and more little indians

:tribe:

:rofl:

:USA:

They got eight (8) city and one (1) more line-haul (total of five line-haul) in LO Friday. They told us it was 5% system wide? Anyone else loose any people or was it just us again?

I believe that Atlanta has 4 more layed off as of this Friday. That brings our total to 14 laid off and one of them bumped into Nashville this past week.

The three that they took from the road and put in the city went back to the road Wednesday. Who knows for how long though? We have slowed up some, but everyone is still working.

They got eight (8) city and one (1) more line-haul (total of five line-haul) in LO Friday. They told us it was 5% system wide? Anyone else loose any people or was it just us again?

We we were told that it was 5% system wide at our Roadway Terminal. Maybe its a YRCW thing. Trying to cut their cost.