Yellow | BUT....No Profit Bonus For YRC Freight employees...:(

I go in and do what needs to be done. Can't speak for others.
But I work the dock. We have one OB super. It changes all the time. If he.. She cannot get us the paperwork we can't move. I can't go get paperwork. I can't move Frt without it. But when I do load I protect the customers Frt. Period. Can't speak for others.. Again... Just myself. But I see what's going on.
How about the driver who runs 50 miles to make a pickup while another driver is in the area? And then has to drive back another 50 miles to make his own?
You can only do so much.
Not complaining.... Just explaining.... A small part of what's going on.
Why not get rid of the OB supervisor, and let Teamsters run the shift?

Still a division developed by our union and the company.just another way to shift the numbers around.This company knows how to play this game.Come up with another one
Why can't our teamster brothers and sisters be happy that we now know that the bonus promise is not just on paper. To read some of the comments on here about the regionals just because they are getting the bonus is ridiculous,childish and silly because obviously most of them went to work and did their Jobs to the best of their ability. This clearly shows a lot of division,we can point a finger at the company or whoever we want to. It's not a lot of money,but We voted YESSSSSSSS for it and the regionals earned it.

All this whining,crying,name calling is what's dividing us. Over a few dollars this is just shameful and to call ourselves Teamsters
Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why not get rid of the OB supervisor, and let Teamsters run the shift?
Assistant TM Is running it right now. Believe it or not he knows how to do it. We had an ex roadway fired super that knows nothing about it. No People skills..... Didn't know the Frt and didn't know what was what... Didn't try to know it... She pissed off office people and they would not get bills printed and out because of that. Right now it's running ok. Different super and clerk make a big difference. Didn't think it would but it does. But it won't last long.
To get the guys to take over... Not gonna happen. Just one wrench in the wheel stops it. Just how it is.
I was at the point I gave up. Sitting for hours at a stretch waiting for paperwork was ridiculous and made for long days.
He has paperwork ready all the time.
No... I am not a suckass....i just don't want to sit around that dump and stare at the walls until paperwork shows up. That gets old and I don't know how some sit every day day in and day out. It's mind numbingly boring and you grow to hate the f 'n place. I did.

P. S.
This company is too far gone to save. What keeps it afloat?
Interest payments? Bonuses? Certainly not because of their performance as a company.
Is a mystery to me.

Last edited:
I go in and do what needs to be done. Can't speak for others.
But I work the dock. We have one OB super. It changes all the time. If he.. She cannot get us the paperwork we can't move. I can't go get paperwork. I can't move Frt without it. But when I do load I protect the customers Frt. Period. Can't speak for others.. Again... Just myself. But I see what's going on.
How about the driver who runs 50 miles to make a pickup while another driver is in the area? And then has to drive back another 50 miles to make his own?
You can only do so much.
Not complaining.... Just explaining.... A small part of what's going on.
Yes, I know. Our terminal sees these kinds of problems too. If you're taking care of business, hats off to you! We need more like that. I assure you, I get frustrated too, promise. When I read that XPO is now suing YRC, it makes my blood boil. I've just read the complaint. If it is all true (and I don't know whether it is or not), the 10th floor folks ought to be walked out by the Board of Directors, with the Board's boot in the backside of certain executives. Unbelievable!!

Assistant TM Is running it right now. Believe it or not he knows how to do it. We had an ex roadway fired super that knows nothing about it. No People skills..... Didn't know the Frt and didn't know what was what... Didn't try to know it... She pissed off office people and they would not get bills printed and out because of that. Right now it's running ok. Different super and clerk make a big difference. Didn't think it would but it does. But it won't last long.
To get the guys to take over... Not gonna happen. Just one wrench in the wheel stops it. Just how it is.
I was at the point I gave up. Sitting for hours at a stretch waiting for paperwork was ridiculous and made for long days.
He has paperwork ready all the time.
No... I am not a suckass....i just don't want to sit around that dump and stare at the walls until paperwork shows up. That gets old and I don't know how some sit every day day in and day out. It's mind numbingly boring and you grow to hate the f 'n place. I did.

P. S.
This company is too far gone to save. What keeps it afloat?
Interest payments? Bonuses? Certainly not because of their performance as a company.freight
Is a mystery to me.
Why can't you load freight off of a copy of the bill of lading?

We do. But some supers don't or won't make the effort.
I cannot do office work.
Only clerks can.
Yes... We asked her to. To busy facebooking and hitting the vending machines. Serious.
Thank you. I am not getting only one who makes the effort. .... But there are others that do too.
I am not tooting any horns but we all see the problems we cannot fix.
It's just frustrating. And in the end you just give up. You can only do it for so long and that's it. Stupidity and laziness... Indifference... By supers is rampant.
It all rolls downhill where we all get infected by it.
:off topic:
Sorry... On with the topic... This has been talked about before.

Do you people spend your lives carpin' and bitchin'? How about actually doing your jobs? Let's face the facts: The company is a mess. It has been a mess for years. If we missed a bonus, then Welch, Pierson and Hawkins shouldn't get a bonus either. But what are any of you actually willing to DO about this injustice? I have some ideas on that, but they can't be written down for obvious (hopefully) reasons.

I agree that the front office is seriously flawed. I agree that we need three new vice-presidents like we need a hole in our heads. But why are so many of you whining about the management one day, but in the next breath you refuse to step up and "take the reins" when that is offered to us? Don't you realize that if we step up and take charge, there isn't as much need for management, and those people will be gone? It burns me to no end that some of our brethren won't participate in the various programs we have for Teamsters running various things because it's "management's job", but then complain about the management. You can't have it both ways.

People complain about our old equipment, and rightfully so. But, how many of you lift a finger to help take care of that equipment instead of destroying it? Do you treat that truck or forklift as though you own it and are paying for repairs out of your pocket? Do you seek to serve the customers and win new customers? Do you actively hold management's "feet to the fire" when they screw up? Do you avoid screwing up yourself? Do you protect the freight from harm? Do you thank the customers for their business? Do you show up at the customer looking like a professional driver, or more like a bum?

All of these things add up to produce a viable company. Do your part!

"Do you people spend your lives carpin' and bitchin'?"

So I guess that would be a yes for you.

We do. But some supers don't or won't make the effort.
I cannot do office work.
Only clerks can.
Yes... We asked her to. To busy facebooking and hitting the vending machines. Serious.
Thank you. I am not getting only one who makes the effort. .... But there are others that do too.
I am not tooting any horns but we all see the problems we cannot fix.
It's just frustrating. And in the end you just give up. You can only do it for so long and that's it. Stupidity and laziness... Indifference... By supers is rampant.
It all rolls downhill where we all get infected by it.
:off topic:
Sorry... On with the topic... This has been talked about before.
Which terminal are you working at???

What happened to Triplex Now?
He stepped on a mods ego.
No, let's get the story straight. It's not my ego it's that he followed me around and hounded me too many times. He is free to disagree with me but if he (or anyone else) think(s) that they're going to hound me and respond to my every post with something like, "duh", and, "don't you ever read your own posts?" just to be a nuisance it's not going to fly. And it is not only with me, I have curtailed such harassment against others as well, just some people get it quicker than others do. All are free to disagree with me, just know the difference between what is disagreeing and what is harassing.

That was my exact question and my steward told me that they would not be paying it if the 95.0 had not been met? Got me?
You are correct they made it it was 94 . Something on OR the reason it shows 95 .2 is that it includes the money they have to pay for the bonus for those who are confused like me

No, let's get the story straight. It's not my ego it's that he followed me around and hounded me too many times. He is free to disagree with me but if he (or anyone else) think(s) that they're going to hound me and respond to my every post with something like, "duh", and, "don't you ever read your own posts?" just to be a nuisance it's not going to fly. And it is not only with me, I have curtailed such harassment against others as well, just some people get it quicker than others do. All are free to disagree with me, just know the difference between what is disagreeing and what is harassing.

Ya got to know your limitations!

Also, me personally, couldn't give a rat's azz about a $550 check.

Wow those freight dimensioners are really raking in the cash! Oh I know, have another change of operations. That for sure will bring in some big bucks!

Here we are arguing over a few hundred dollars bonus. Meanwhile our pension is about to be cut in half. We are a bunch of dumbazz.
When all else fails we try to be content in the moment.Just like Germans do when eating supper.Usually they eat their desserts first.Because we may not live to see the main course

:rulz::452:
Yes it was 95.2 don't know how they get a bonus the MOU states to get 1% is 94.1 - 95.0 so they went over by.2
regionals didn't make a o/r of 95 or lower... so if yrcw giving out money- it should go to everybody... no more of this pitting drivers against each other 95.2 o/r is the same as o/r 95.

I forgot to add, that an analyst during the call asked about meet and turn runs. I can understand that, since that would eliminate needless hotel expenses and layover pay. However Welch downplayed meet and turns, saying that between the sleeper teams, Rail, single man operation, and PTS, everything is just fine. With this type of thinking, we will not get our bonuses anytime soon.

With the Regionals getting paid their PS doesn't this show that if we hit the number we will get the bonus maybe we should all step up and hit the numbers

With the Regionals getting paid their PS doesn't this show that if we hit the number we will get the bonus maybe we should all step up and hit the numbers

You also get a letter mailed to your house telling you that after all you have given up and for all you do everyday you really don't deserve it.
:1036316054: