FedEx Freight | Date for Cinnanimson election

You are correct. I'm not a driver, however my position would be the same if I were. I come in to work everyday, do what I am supposed to do and make the correct choice for our customers who ultimately pay me and you.
Shame shame shame looking and posting on tb"s on company time. Would that be considered stealing time or following management directions?:mad::eek::eek:

Vote no cin. The union has nothing to give you. Everything must be given by FedEx and that is a fact. If the Union gets in they are like bed bugs. They are next to impossible to get rid of and they suck dollars out of your pocket.

A voice. And fed ex doesn't suck u dry by over hiring 4x10s worthless raises for the past 4 years higher health care. Good drivers being terminated cause they get a speeding ticket on vacation which causes them to go over on driver points. My out of pocket for health has never been so high 5k this year so far and receiving less Benifits. this co. Was way better when we were national and fedex. My buddy showed me his check today on a 40 hr vacation brings home $449. Wtf. He's better off flipping burgers. He's 50. R u kidding me Fred!!!

:spam1::spam1::smiley_emoticons_sp Is all over this morning desperation lmao I love it.

No desperation here. Just making sure everyone is informed of the ramifications of their possible actions. The company will go on regardless. The outcome will be what it is. No job is perfect and voting in a union will not make FXF any better. it will only add another layer of insulation to the upper management. Another go-between to go-between you and the management of the company. Don't think for one minute that the union has your best interest at heart. It has it's interest at heart! It needs you and has made you perceive that it is needed. Good luck!

Question: Can a guy who doesn't really want to vote, but feels intimidated by Mgmt., simply go through the motions of casting a ballot, but not actually vote. Simply don't check either box?
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but If you are a no vote, it wouldn't really matter if you vote or not. They need 50% plus 1 (of all eligible, not all voting) yes votes to approve. If there are 150 eligible, they need 76 yes votes. If a total of 76 people vote and they are all yes votes, it still goes through, regardless of those who choose not to vote.

Guardrail

i guess you failed to mention ups doesnt cover spouses on their insurance plans anymore either so all you drivers with wives that dont work will have to go sign up for OBAMA CARE hahahahahhaha VOTE NO AND KEEP THE UNION OUT

Is that management or people covered by a collective bargaining agreement ?

No desperation here. Just making sure everyone is informed of the ramifications of their possible actions. The company will go on regardless. The outcome will be what it is. No job is perfect and voting in a union will not make FXF any better. it will only add another layer of insulation to the upper management. Another go-between to go-between you and the management of the company. Don't think for one minute that the union has your best interest at heart. It has it's interest at heart! It needs you and has made you perceive that it is needed. Good luck!

As a pro union outsider with nothing to gain personally either way I have a question. Who called who? Did the union solicit membership from the FedEx drivers or did the FedEx drivers looking to better their jobs first contact the union asking for help in organizing the 3 NJ terminals?

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but If you are a no vote, it wouldn't really matter if you vote or not. They need 50% plus 1 (of all eligible, not all voting) yes votes to approve. If there are 150 eligible, they need 76 yes votes. If a total of 76 people vote and they are all yes votes, it still goes through, regardless of those who choose not to vote.

Guardrail
That is in fact incorrect ... The Teamsters will need 50% + 1 of all votes casted. Not of all eligible votes ...

But honestly, why there would be anyone left "without an opinion" on this matter is beyond me, this is way to big a deal with too many ramifications on your future to just stand on the sideline.

Did I mention "vote no"? Just my personal opinion of course, in the end it's up to the peeps in CIN.

Well seeing that some just found out recently how much worse the insurance is about to get along with just finding out that terminals are trying to unionize...id speculate that these drivers have decided to ride out the storm after putting in 5,10, 15, 20 years with Fedex instead of starting over elsewhere.

Exactly!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes
yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes
yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes
yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!!!!!!!!!!
I wonder if we could get Daniel Bryan to show up at our centers on vote days

What qualifies you as being informed? The crap that Fred force feeds you?

What qualifies you as being informed? The crap that Fred force feeds you?

Well, let's just pick my previous statement apart.
If the union is voted in, FXF will go on... check
No job is perfect. Well, if there is one, they must not be hiring.
Bringing the union in will not make FXF perfect. Well, ask any former union shop guy who doesn't want it here. See previous comment.
Another layer of insulation. With the union comes the grievance process. First you need to go to your shop steward (perhaps multiple times) before going above their head...ETC! Check
The last three sentences are my opinion, but I would love for a Teamster rep (not anonymously) to state publicly that they would represent you for free (thus disproving my opinion).

I do not claim that FXF is the perfect job. I do have issues, but it is one of the best jobs out there. If you are that unsatisfied with FXF that you feel you need someone to help you, you probably need more than the union.

If you can show me any fallacies in this argument, then I am not informed!

Shop stewards work for free.
Looks like you're uninformed.

Bringing the union in will not make FXF perfect. Well, ask any former union shop guy who doesn't want it here. See previous comment.
Another layer of insulation. With the union comes the grievance process. First you need to go to your shop steward (perhaps multiple times) before going above their head...ETC! Check
The last three sentences are my opinion, but I would love for a Teamster rep (not anonymously) to state publicly that they would represent you for free (thus disproving my opinion).

I do not claim that FXF is the perfect job. I do have issues, but it is one of the best jobs out there. If you are that unsatisfied with FXF that you feel you need someone to help you, you probably need more than the union.

Grievance procedure. Last week we had 5 drivers with a seniority issue. They went to the steward only once. 4 of them were paid 1 hour of overtime and the 5th was paid 5 hours of overtime. Looks like that layer of insulation worked well.

I must have missed your point on the grievance process. What is wrong with it? The driver writes out his grievance and gives it to the shop steward. Who is then required to forward it to the union business agent. How do you figure that is an another layer of insulation. At least the driver now has a written violation of the contract and it is on record if the company were to fire him as an at will employee.

What do you want Jimmy Hoffa to post on here that he will represent you for free? Also you neglected to answer my question about who called who. I know that local 107, 701, and 641 didn't physically approach those FedEx New Jersey drivers asking them to sign cards. The drivers made the calls

As a pro union outsider with nothing to gain personally either way I have a question. Who called who? Did the union solicit membership from the FedEx drivers or did the FedEx drivers looking to better their jobs first contact the union asking for help in organizing the 3 NJ terminals?

You side stepped your last comment by saying its just your opinion.
Don't think for one minute that the union has your best interest at heart. It has it's interest at heart! It needs you and has made you perceive that it is needed. Good luck!

I must have missed your point on the grievance process. What is wrong with it? The driver writes out his grievance and gives it to the shop steward. Who is then required to forward it to the union business agent. How do you figure that is an another layer of insulation. At least the driver now has a written violation of the contract and it is on record if the company were to fire him as an at will employee.

What do you want Jimmy Hoffa to post on here that he will represent you for free? Also you neglected to answer my question about who called who. I know that local 107, 701, and 641 didn't physically approach those FedEx New Jersey drivers asking them to sign cards. The drivers made the calls

You side stepped your last comment by saying its just your opinion.

The grievance process goes directly to the point of another layer of insulation. I didn't say that there was anything wrong with it, just that it adds to the insulation from the executives of FXF.

It doesn't have to be Hoffa, but a person in power who says that they would represent any FXF employee without charging dues/ any other fees for their service. This way they do have your (pro union employees) interest at heart. I do not want their representation!

I have no idea who called whom. I was merely trying to make sure my fellow coworkers were informed.

Grievance procedure. Last week we had 5 drivers with a seniority issue. They went to the steward only once. 4 of them were paid 1 hour of overtime and the 5th was paid 5 hours of overtime. Looks like that layer of insulation worked well.

FXF has a policy in place for road issues. It is a written process and it is delat with swiftly and compensation awarded when deserved.

The grievance process goes directly to the point of another layer of insulation. I didn't say that there was anything wrong with it, just that it adds to the insulation from the executives of FXF.

It doesn't have to be Hoffa, but a person in power who says that they would represent any FXF employee without charging dues/ any other fees for their service. This way they do have your (pro union employees) interest at heart. I do not want their representation!

I have no idea who called whom. I was merely trying to make sure my fellow coworkers were informed.
Does fedex provide its service for free? No. So they must not have their customers best interest in mind