Yellow | December 2008 Unofficial YRCW Ballot Survey Poll

Once this concession passes please get with your steward and fill out your resignation/retirement paperwork. Afterall, voting NO means you don't want a job because if we all voted NO the doors will shut. So, just do us all a favor and get the hell out. You would be doing a great service for your fellow teamsters. With all the projected job losses from all of you in the "know" lots of people might actually be called back to work since we would have the thousands of No voters gone they may need some people back to actually work the freight.

It's the right thing to do. If you don't want this job then get out. Very simple. Then you can come on here and complain that you can't find a job that comes close to paying the 90% of what you were making or a job that pays your bennies or a job period. Yea, I know we all have different opinions and I shouldn't say all of this just because your vote differs from mine well keep that in mind when you begin to cry about this post as it's just an opinion that happens to differ from yours. But really if you don't like what I have to say then......:tongue0002:

I feel sorry for you brother. Just try to calm down it's going to pass.:1036316054:

My goodness man......get a grip....grow a backbone, stop snivelling........The contract was supposed to "save the company and our jobs," we relented and it passed, now they want the money that they tried not to give us during the contract negotiations BACK in the name of "levelling the playing field with the non-union carriers." I've been fighting my way through freezing rain and sleet all night so pardon me if I feel like I've earned my money this evening......Why don't YOU just pack it in or better yet, the next management figure that approaches you, just drop your pants and ask them to violate you?? I'm sick of hearing people cry about the NO voters.....thats why they sent one to your house and mine.

Life isnt going to end if this company goes under. Some company will rise to the top of the heap and the wages will still be there. Its not the best situation of course. I want to see them survive.

I don't think anyone wants the company to go under we just don't have faith in management. The contract was going to save us, velocity was going to save us, yrc merger is going to save us, 10% is going to save us, I wonder what the next great fix is.

275 a week in tennessee makes it a no brainer for me.

i also hope that after the vote is tallied that every one who voted no, quits.

the underlying theme here is voting to stick together or not.

the nots don't want to stick together.

You're right. I worked around and carried the nots and you work around them. They were always a drag on productivity anyway, and always the ones who cried the loudest every time they got reprimanded for being the broke dicks they are. We didn't need them then, and you don't need them now.

Wow, you people don't read do you. Some telling me to calm down, don't worry it's going to pass, who are you trying to sway.

1. I'm not losing any sleep over any of this, so I perfectly calm

2. I know this will pass as prefaced in my opening sentence, so why on earth would you tell me "Cujo" not to worry it's going to pass.

3.Who's trying to sway anyone with this post? People are going to vote how they are going to vote. Good for them. My post was a simple request to those people voting NO since there seem to be so many.

Next time you guys are going to respond to any post, please take the time to actually read the whole thing in it's entirety and then practice your comprehension skills.

Whine!

How about some cheese with that whine!:hysterical:

Wow, you people don't read do you. Some telling me to calm down, don't worry it's going to pass, who are you trying to sway.

1. I'm not losing any sleep over any of this, so I perfectly calm

2. I know this will pass as prefaced in my opening sentence, so why on earth would you tell me "Cujo" not to worry it's going to pass.

3.Who's trying to sway anyone with this post? People are going to vote how they are going to vote. Good for them. My post was a simple request to those people voting NO since there seem to be so many.

Next time you guys are going to respond to any post, please take the time to actually read the whole thing in it's entirety and then practice your comprehension skills.

I guess I missed all the "get out" and cry babys and "resign" in your post. Maybe it's you that have a hard time comprehending Mr. Bowdean

Up here in the great white north,or Canada as we call it,we've been told to get
ready for a 10% cut too.If you do the math,our dollars worth 80cents US ,the
company charges customers 27.5% exchange plus 16.5 fuel surcharge PLUS an
extra 35 to 50 dollar customs charge.We've always been told we account for 5%
of the labour and 30% of the revenue yet they will still tell us they need a cut or
they'll **** our work out like they do with the USF Holland work.Trust me,this company is all about making money and fat bonuses for upper mgmt. and they don't care who they leave beside the road to do it.Let's hope,no matter what your vote is,that we all have jobs down the road.Merry Christmas andHappy New Year

I don't think anyone wants the company to go under we just don't have faith in management. The contract was going to save us, velocity was going to save us, yrc merger is going to save us, 10% is going to save us, I wonder what the next great fix is.

WOW! You just hit the nail on the head.:clap:

I voed No and I am not going to resign. My question to reg342 is How many years do you have in? The layoff probably does not affect you am I right? While your at it why dont you give the company a BJ??? I cannot excuse poor management for this situation. I do see that you are a Roadway man beacase of you name. I know that you know as well as I do if we had not been bought by yellow we would not have been in this predicament and you know that. So shut your f'ing mouth and give to the company some more. Im sorry but I cannot excuse poor managerial decisinons. WE WERE FINE BEFORE ALL OF THIS MESS HAPPENED! SO GO aheaed and vote yes so YRCW can get them selves deeper into debt you company suckass! your probablly a snitch too!

Once this concession passes please get with your steward and fill out your resignation/retirement paperwork. Afterall, voting NO means you don't want a job because if we all voted NO the doors will shut. So, just do us all a favor and get the hell out. You would be doing a great service for your fellow teamsters. With all the projected job losses from all of you in the "know" lots of people might actually be called back to work since we would have the thousands of No voters gone they may need some people back to actually work the freight.

It's the right thing to do. If you don't want this job then get out. Very simple. Then you can come on here and complain that you can't find a job that comes close to paying the 90% of what you were making or a job that pays your bennies or a job period. Yea, I know we all have different opinions and I shouldn't say all of this just because your vote differs from mine well keep that in mind when you begin to cry about this post as it's just an opinion that happens to differ from yours. But really if you don't like what I have to say then......:tongue0002:

What you have said is that you don't believe in democracy and one vote per Brother/Sister. I also feel sorry for you for flipping off your fellow Teamsters Union members on an open forum like this one. It only make you look like a fool. BTW, if its any consolation to you, the YESters' will probably prevail. Oh yeah; I and the the other NOsters aint quitting either so I suggest you get used to that fact, Brother.

I'm not sure but after reading all the posts the nosters know exactly why they voted no and the yes guys are just panicking because they haven't preplanned and their house of cards may fall in the wind.

You're right. I worked around and carried the nots and you work around them. They were always a drag on productivity anyway, and always the ones who cried the loudest every time they got reprimanded for being the broke dicks they are. We didn't need them then, and you don't need them now.
In my opinion, everyone has the right to vote any way that they want. However, the no voters that I talk to, don't seem to have much to say to support their no vote thinking. Usually it is just "eff'em, they got themselves into this financial mess, they can get themselves out." At least the Yes voters seem to be able to elaborate on their way of thinking. Some guys are so bitter (and in some cases, rightfully so) because of the things that have happened to them in the past, that they would not vote yes on anything.

How about 50% lay offs in 2009? Or Billy Z wanting to get out of paying into your Teamsters Pension? Or doing away with the line operation all together & having Glenn Moore provide their services at a lower rate than your 90% wages? I could go on, but why give the company any more ideas?

I was leaning to a strong no vote! I see both sides. My Dad is a retired Teamster. He helped me change my mind! He told me you have to pick your battles! This you can't win. In the past you had a union job to go too. In this economy you do not! He said also, you vote No, you are in a since helping the Union haters break the union! I decided i can't be responsible for breaking my own union! I voted yes! and proud of it! I believe it may still go under! Maybe it won't! We just had Osama Obama getting ready to announce a pro union labor secretary! Give it a chance!. Outside the union im consertive! But also value unions! In America. 90% is better than 100% even if it only lasts 3,6,12 months! Get a grip people! To vote no in this enviroment is flat out ignorant! Fed Ex just announced they are cutting corporate pay! Which is good! its not just us!

In my opinion, everyone has the right to vote any way that they want. However, the no voters that I talk to, don't seem to have much to say to support their no vote thinking. Usually it is just "eff'em, they got themselves into this financial mess, they can get themselves out." At least the Yes voters seem to be able to elaborate on their way of thinking. Some guys are so bitter (and in some cases, rightfully so) because of the things that have happened to them in the past, that they would not vote yes on anything.

Well life sucks and there ain't nuthin' you can do about it. So those crybabies need to grow up and accept that fact. And now they have some company, because FedEx just joined them.