Yellow | December 2008 Unofficial YRCW Ballot Survey Poll

Once this concession passes please get with your steward and fill out your resignation/retirement paperwork. Afterall, voting NO means you don't want a job because if we all voted NO the doors will shut. So, just do us all a favor and get the hell out. You would be doing a great service for your fellow teamsters. With all the projected job losses from all of you in the "know" lots of people might actually be called back to work since we would have the thousands of No voters gone they may need some people back to actually work the freight.

It's the right thing to do. If you don't want this job then get out. Very simple. Then you can come on here and complain that you can't find a job that comes close to paying the 90% of what you were making or a job that pays your bennies or a job period. Yea, I know we all have different opinions and I shouldn't say all of this just because your vote differs from mine well keep that in mind when you begin to cry about this post as it's just an opinion that happens to differ from yours. But really if you don't like what I have to say then......:tongue0002:

Well you sure fired up the peanut gallery. They all crawled out from under the woodwork. LOL

larry...from what i read fed-ex's management is taking cuts. i didnt see anything about layoffs..it seemed to me to me a proactive approach ..i'm a neutral party here,but the way see things yellow is struggling for survival. the 10% is to help keep the company afloat a little longer and help stop the bleeding...i do think its too
late...the whole consolidation thing is a freakn joke...years ago everyone know the operating of the three companies seperately and all competing against each other would have a negative impact...ex..i went to a stop this week and spoke to the shipping mgr. he said roadway/yellow and new penn are his carriers and he has 3 different discounts with the reps undercutting each other.....how the hell are you guys voting yes or no and think things will change... same union same vote and 3 seperate operating systems owned by the same company fighting each other for the same freight....think about it and what every other trucking company out there is thinking....yep...bad decision to keep it seperate compnaies years back and now you are paying the price....good luck to you all

Once this concession passes please get with your steward and fill out your resignation/retirement paperwork. Afterall, voting NO means you don't want a job because if we all voted NO the doors will shut. So, just do us all a favor and get the hell out. You would be doing a great service for your fellow teamsters. With all the projected job losses from all of you in the "know" lots of people might actually be called back to work since we would have the thousands of No voters gone they may need some people back to actually work the freight.

It's the right thing to do. If you don't want this job then get out. Very simple. Then you can come on here and complain that you can't find a job that comes close to paying the 90% of what you were making or a job that pays your bennies or a job period. Yea, I know we all have different opinions and I shouldn't say all of this just because your vote differs from mine well keep that in mind when you begin to cry about this post as it's just an opinion that happens to differ from yours. But really if you don't like what I have to say then......:tongue0002:

Wow, did you not take your medications? I`m sure it will run like a well oiled machine with a quarter of a billion dollars more a year to waste.:hysterical: And if you dont like it:tongue0002:too!!!

You're right. I worked around and carried the nots and you work around them. They were always a drag on productivity anyway, and always the ones who cried the loudest every time they got reprimanded for being the broke dicks they are. We didn't need them then, and you don't need them now.

I disagree,I voted no and I know for a fact I dont drag down productivity.For your information I have never been reprimanded for as you call it being a broke dick.

I disagree,I voted no and I know for a fact I dont drag down productivity.For your information I have never been reprimanded for as you call it being a broke dick.

Same here brother, management seems pretty pleased with my performance. Looking forward to voting so I can participate in the poll.

larry...from what i read fed-ex's management is taking cuts. i didnt see anything about layoffs..it seemed to me to me a proactive approach ..i'm a neutral party here,but the way see things yellow is struggling for survival. the 10% is to help keep the company afloat a little longer and help stop the bleeding...i do think its too
late...the whole consolidation thing is a freakn joke...years ago everyone know the operating of the three companies seperately and all competing against each other would have a negative impact...ex..i went to a stop this week and spoke to the shipping mgr. he said roadway/yellow and new penn are his carriers and he has 3 different discounts with the reps undercutting each other.....how the hell are you guys voting yes or no and think things will change... same union same vote and 3 seperate operating systems owned by the same company fighting each other for the same freight....think about it and what every other trucking company out there is thinking....yep...bad decision to keep it seperate compnaies years back and now you are paying the price....good luck to you all

Go to the Teamster website and read about the cuts that the regular workers at FedEx are taking. Go to the FedEx forum and read about the layoffs and cut hours. And your anecdotal example of what some supposed shipping manager said means nothing to me. Why? Because YRC has one sales staff, now. It is this kind of continual misinformation that feeds this forum with lies and deception. It is a wonder anyone can come on here and establish a reasonable mindset when they are constantly barraged by bullshit. And most of it is posted here intentionally to create negativity. Fortunately very few YRC employees even waste their time visiting this cesspool.

Same here brother, management seems pretty pleased with my performance. Looking forward to voting so I can participate in the poll.

You're right, this is stereotyping at its worst. I just went overboard to make a point. I did it intentionally and I won't apologize. But, typically, the worst employees I worked with were people who tried to put a monkey wrench in the works every time they could just because they hated the world and everyone in it, and wanted to bring everyone else down to their level. When I read the reasoning by almost everyone who professes voting no, they display this same illogical thought process.

Go to the Teamster website and read about the cuts that the regular workers at FedEx are taking. Go to the FedEx forum and read about the layoffs and cut hours. And your anecdotal example of what some supposed shipping manager said means nothing to me. Why? Because YRC has one sales staff, now. It is this kind of continual misinformation that feeds this forum with lies and deception. It is a wonder anyone can come on here and establish a reasonable mindset when they are constantly barraged by bullshit. And most of it is posted here intentionally to create negativity. Fortunately very few YRC employees even waste their time visiting this cesspool.

you are right, fed-ex drivers are getting hrs cut to nothing and big lay-offs. but you are uninformed if you dont believe all yrc companies were not cutting each others throat for the same freight. yes today one sales team so i dont think they still do that but that insane business practice cost us dearly......and it should mean something to you...pension:chairshot:

That just can not be true x475! Every one of us that voted YES for the survival of the company, all of the sudden are labeled as anti-union.:popcorn:

What the hell are you reading? I am one of the biggest supporters for voting yes. I think one of the problems here is that maybe some of you can't read.

maybe he should stay away from the insults

You just want to put an end to it all. That would include the company, the union, everything. And you criticize me for making insults. Anybody with your attitude makes me suspect that you are a fraud. Are you even an employee of YRC? Of course you can say yes, but I doubt it.