Estes | Estes Express jobs

Looks like they are ashamed to let anyone know how cheap they work.

Not ashamed dude, just that due to overwhelming business levels, we do not have the available capacity to invite trolls over to rehash the same jealousy and hatred they have for our great company. We have plenty that find their way here without giving them a reason to bash.

Simple pimple as it's always been.......if you don't want to work at Estes.....don't.:shift:

Not ashamed dude, just that due to overwhelming business levels, we do not have the available capacity to invite trolls over to rehash the same jealousy and hatred they have for our great company. We have plenty that find their way here without giving them a reason to bash.

Simple pimple as it's always been.......if you don't want to work at Estes.....don't.:shift:

I don't need a job dude. My sister just got out of truck driving school and she doesn't want to work for peanuts. If the pay is so bad then I don't blame you for keeping it a secret. Simple pimple is cute. Good luck to all of you Estes drivers. The Mexicans are laying in waiting.

While we are fueding about the pay. I was told by a ups driver that he makes .71 cents a mile + all kinds of extra cash for little things he does. (I didn't ask him, he just felt the need to tell me) He said upsf is the red haired step child of the company they are getting 54 sump'n tops. He said he couldn't work for that minimum wage part of the company. He said the company is taking advantage of them.

I don't need a job dude. My sister just got out of truck driving school and she doesn't want to work for peanuts. If the pay is so bad then I don't blame you for keeping it a secret. Simple pimple is cute. Good luck to all of you Estes drivers. The Mexicans are laying in waiting.

Maybe you can help her get on at your old company, of course she may prefer peanuts to pocket lint.:nutkick:

Maybe you can help her get on at your old company, of course she may prefer peanuts to pocket lint.:nutkick:

Peanuts to pocket lint. Now that's funny. I think my old company is going down the tubes. In all sincerity, I have a friend in Evansville Ind. that has a crappy job driving for an outfit he would like to get away from. He does't have a computer so I told him I would try to look up some stuff for him. This company was one he was interrested in. I'll let him know that I found out nothing just as he has by talking to you guys on the CB.

Thanks anyway, and don't tell me to tell him to go fill out an application. He's smart enough to think of that himself.

Peanuts to pocket lint. Now that's funny. I think my old company is going down the tubes. In all sincerity, I have a friend in Evansville Ind. that has a crappy job driving for an outfit he would like to get away from. He does't have a computer so I told him I would try to look up some stuff for him. This company was one he was interrested in. I'll let him know that I found out nothing just as he has by talking to you guys on the CB.

Thanks anyway, and don't tell me to tell him to go fill out an application. He's smart enough to think of that himself.

I'm actually starting to turn the corner on that one, I think the ole dog just might hang in there. In all seriousness, Estes is a very good company to work for, of course there are companies that pay a bit more, but I know from talking with others we're competitive. It's just such a relaxed, cool, open environment. Tell your friend to at least check out the local Estes terminal (not sure who services Evansville, maybe Indy or Owensbouro) and talk to the TM.

Oh yeah, greenies to you for keeping it fun!

I'm actually starting to turn the corner on that one, I think the ole dog just might hang in there. In all seriousness, Estes is a very good company to work for, of course there are companies that pay a bit more, but I know from talking with others we're competitive. It's just such a relaxed, cool, open environment. Tell your friend to at least check out the local Estes terminal (not sure who services Evansville, maybe Indy or Owensbouro) and talk to the TM.

Oh yeah, greenies to you for keeping it fun!

Thank you Demon. He is young, 23,my friends son, and he loves Trucks. He ran a Tri axle dump for a little bit then got on with a guy driving 18 wheels that works his butt off for nothing. I told him to get in LTL. I told him he might have to relocate to find something. I used to see Estes when I ran Indy to Louisville every night. I'll help him look for a terminal. Thanks again, and keep it safe out there.

While we are fueding about the pay. I was told by a ups driver that he makes .71 cents a mile + all kinds of extra cash for little things he does. (I didn't ask him, he just felt the need to tell me) He said upsf is the red haired step child of the company they are getting 54 sump'n tops. He said he couldn't work for that minimum wage part of the company. He said the company is taking advantage of them.

Come on Mildew. I thought you were better than that. FACTS PLEASE. Oh I forgot who I was posting to. You were the one who posted that you made some ridiculous amount of cash, back in the day. Some one called you on it, and you said you would scan a copy of your pay stub. As I recall, that never happened. I guess I am left with calling BS on this he said, she said post of yours. T Elvis out....

I make $58 an hour, with double time after three. I don't know what you are talking about Elvis.. That's a good rate these days.:biglaugh:

work versus pay. well you can make 100 an hour and get 2 hours a week. I get enough work and get paid well for what i do. this year i will make more money than i ever have.
at dugan i used to get all the perk pay and still running down the road at 65 making .53 a mile is fine with me

Come on Mildew. I thought you were better than that. FACTS PLEASE. Oh I forgot who I was posting to. You were the one who posted that you made some ridiculous amount of cash, back in the day. Some one called you on it, and you said you would scan a copy of your pay stub. As I recall, that never happened. I guess I am left with calling BS on this he said, she said post of yours. T Elvis out....

After reading your post yesterday I thought I would post what one of your driver's told me as I was headed through the I 40 gorge the other day. The point I was trying to make is that someone's always going to be doing better regardless who you work for. Here's my pay info from years ago. I found some bigger stubs since these were scanned. I'm posting them just for you my friend:butt kiss:
314151.jpg

You might want to go over to your forum and check it out,Elvis.Doesn't seem like how much you get paid is the topic.Ya know what I mean.UPS having managers follow drivers, workers at U terminals receiving the same as U members and not paying dues.Sounds like your problems are getting out of hand there,dude.Correcting your "what we all deserve".

And you to E, drive safe.

I will concede that we have our share of problems over here. The biggest problem we have is the old Overnite way of doing business was, in some respects, quite similar to Estes. They were very laid back and free wheeling so to speak. Managers turned a blind eye to a lot, as long as the job gets done. Sound familiar? The problem with that is it is not conducive with the UPS way of thinking. They are willing to share the wealth but they expect the best effort from their employees. That includes management as well. They are slowly implementing their micro management way of protecting their profits and their assets. They are attempting to gradually feed us, so not to
shock our systems all at once. Some feel very uneasy and threatened by this type of company. I could care less what they do. They are in business to make profits. And they have been very successful at that endeavor. They are masters at minimizing waste.
If you are stealing from them, they will find out, and you will be terminated. Stealing time from them and then lying about it, or being dishonest about anything, for that matter, will put you out the door faster than anything. Some people enjoy the kick back, good old boy, I belong to a God fearing family man business, I belong to a team, type of trucking company. Personally, I don't buy into all of that bs. Those types of companies are fun for a while, then they sell you off or they shut you down etc. One day you wake up with (you know what) in your hand, asking yourself, What happened? I thought I belonged to a team. I thought we were all family, and just a bunch of good old boys. Then the reality sets in, and you realize that it was all a sham. I prefer an atmosphere that is all business. UPS does not play games with employees. They look at you as a tool to manufacture profits. I look at them as a profit machine that compensates me well, which affords me the lifestyle that I enjoy. If you can adapt to the concept of, a fair days work for a fair days pay, then you will have no problems. They can follow me all night long if they want. I don't feel a bit intimidated by them watching their employees. As far as the other issues you speak of in this post, I don't know what you are talking about. But like I said before, I don't want to paint a big rainbow over our corporate office in Richmond. We have our fair share of problems. But in time, IMO, this will be the most stable, most profitable, best equipped, most technologically advanced, best employee compensated, super carrier to work for. But I admit, I am jaded. I loved G.I. Trucking and well......you know the rest. I hope I didn't bore anyone. T Elvis out....

After reading your post yesterday I thought I would post what one of your driver's told me as I was headed through the I 40 gorge the other day. The point I was trying to make is that someone's always going to be doing better regardless who you work for. Here's my pay info from years ago. I found some bigger stubs since these were scanned. I'm posting them just for you my friend:butt kiss:
314151.jpg

Looks to me like you were an owner operator. You lead us to believe that you were a company driver. Oh, that was a long time ago. I may be confused. Anyway, I apologize for throwing the bs label at you. But I am sure about one thing. Your informant was incorrect in regards to our mileage rate. We are currently earning .5688 per mile. In twelve days we will jump to about .5750, and Jan. 1 we will be over 58 cents per mile. TE out....

I will concede that we have our share of problems over here. The biggest problem we have is the old Overnite way of doing business was, in some respects, quite similar to Estes. They were very laid back and free wheeling so to speak. Managers turned a blind eye to a lot, as long as the job gets done. Sound familiar? The problem with that is it is not conducive with the UPS way of thinking. They are willing to share the wealth but they expect the best effort from their employees. That includes management as well. They are slowly implementing their micro management way of protecting their profits and their assets. They are attempting to gradually feed us, so not to
shock our systems all at once. Some feel very uneasy and threatened by this type of company. I could care less what they do. They are in business to make profits. And they have been very successful at that endeavor. They are masters at minimizing waste.
If you are stealing from them, they will find out, and you will be terminated. Stealing time from them and then lying about it, or being dishonest about anything, for that matter, will put you out the door faster than anything. Some people enjoy the kick back, good old boy, I belong to a God fearing family man business, I belong to a team, type of trucking company. Personally, I don't buy into all of that bs. Those types of companies are fun for a while, then they sell you off or they shut you down etc. One day you wake up with (you know what) in your hand, asking yourself, What happened? I thought I belonged to a team. I thought we were all family, and just a bunch of good old boys. Then the reality sets in, and you realize that it was all a sham. I prefer an atmosphere that is all business. UPS does not play games with employees. They look at you as a tool to manufacture profits. I look at them as a profit machine that compensates me well, which affords me the lifestyle that I enjoy. If you can adapt to the concept of, a fair days work for a fair days pay, then you will have no problems. They can follow me all night long if they want. I don't feel a bit intimidated by them watching their employees. As far as the other issues you speak of in this post, I don't know what you are talking about. But like I said before, I don't want to paint a big rainbow over our corporate office in Richmond. We have our fair share of problems. But in time, IMO, this will be the most stable, most profitable, best equipped, most technologically advanced, best employee compensated, super carrier to work for. But I admit, I am jaded. I loved G.I. Trucking and well......you know the rest. I hope I didn't bore anyone. T Elvis out....

Happy Fathers Day,Elvis loon out....

Gotta tell you boys,
Me and Elvis aint always on the same page, but I always fail to find an ounce of bull ::shit:: in him.. He speaks from the heart, and not the tailpipe.... Legshot :loser:

I also agree with the E -man about what these companies are doing now.If you have a hard time excepting the corporate mindset of today then your going to run up a sizeable tab on blood pressure meds.These trucking companies as I said before are working off the same template,and like Elvis,if someone wants to follow me around and watch what I do,be my guest,I just wish they would send me a copy of the tape, cause my family really doesn't have a clue how hard we work.