FedEx Freight | Fedex slaps linehaul drivers in the face again......

we did a test run cgt to cmh and driver did it with no problem. Central changed it to a meet but cmh didn't have enough drivers (something like that) so the meet drivers were going through and a few complained and laid down. There were a few that almost made it back but got picked up. Central saw this and wouldn't create a turn bid. We had most drivers make the turn w/o a hitch or extension but a few drivers screwed it up. We make birmingham meet at 642 miles but cant do 624. It is the same speed limit. It should be a bid turn and if you cant do it dont put name on it.

exactly! If you're going to ***** & moan or can't do the run then don't put your name on it....preach!

no kidding! Wow!....were u a actual watkins hire or a national hire back then.....

National Denver had around a dozen meets a day with Hill Bros O/O's pulling our sets, meeting at Ogalala. That was going on for the year or so from when I hired on up to the merge date.

FIRE IN THE WIRE said:
Thanks for the flowers brother......yes i know this but hills bros wasn't pulling company equip with national....they were using their own dry/reefer van

They had several dozen contracts out of Aurora NE for some time before the merger pulling Fedex trailers. Several National contractors leased to Hills bros when National forced them out.

FIRE IN THE WIRE said:
hell we had one of our drivers whos bid run is to cgt....a p/t that runs the freight from cgt to stl didn't show....they used him...he got all the way down but layed down...he would've been able to make it back if he hadn't burnt most of his time on the dock down in cgt. But believe me, from the cgt/cgx & some other surrounding terminals to stl can be done. I know drivers that work for ups that run out of the catch/hodgkins barn off 294 that run to their stl terminal & to earth city,mo....a 5day a week scheduled lane from that hodgkins facility. Look on your map & see where earth city,mo is...it's further south than stl. So it can be done. Hell i ran it back in the af days a couple of times & that was back when we were on a 10hr drive log. So it can be done. But i heard until efh runs over operating capacity is when they'll start bypassing efh

Never said it couldn't be done. I don't need a map to know where earth city is.

One word. Unionize. Doesn't have to be the Teamsters, but a union nonetheless. We have too many drivers here that are only about themselves. Oh, until the day comes that they don't get what they want or a change was made and then they cry like babies. Even your fearless Truckingboards owner does his share of griping and then he wants to post a 'positive' thread about how great the company is now that he has a run that he likes. Don't hear much about the single seniority system from him nowadays but the minute GBO loses those runs he'd be the first to cry a company FOUL.
I've signed my card...have you?

If you want a union go work for one of your favorite union co.Don't need one here.And for truckingboards if you don't like it stay off...

national denver had around a dozen meets a day with hill bros o/o's pulling our sets, meeting at ogalala. That was going on for the year or so from when i hired on up to the merge date.

yeah it sounds like we're keeping hills bros in business to me....or i bet some v.p of the company knows the owner of hills bros or whatever....you know how biz is done today....under the table.

This place will never unionize, of course if it wasn't for the unions, we would have no where near the benefits we have now. According to the dept. of labor, anything provided to you by your company "over minimum wage", is a benefit. Unless you are under a contract (union) the company is not responsible to provide you anything. If you don't like the way they are treating you without a contract, QUIT. You have no rights without a contract. The company can even hold your pay until you quit (pay you 30 hours a week for 40 hours of work to keep you part-time) as long as they pay you what is owed when you leave. No company in their right mind would do this except Dayton Freight Lines.

Um if you work 40 hrs they have to pay you 40 hrs.

Now I did have a job that when I hired on the pay was $10.00 hr. The paycheck came and they changed it to $5.25 hr Then withheld for uniforms they supposedly got even though nobody had a uniform. Left a good job at the time making more than 5.25 to bust my but for a week to get no check.

If the contractors are using their trailers they may be filling empty lanes, but if they are pulling company trailers they are taking your jobs because those trailers have to get back to where they come from, which is why you pull a empty.

If the contractors are using their trailers they may be filling empty lanes, but if they are pulling company trailers they are taking your jobs because those trailers have to get back to where they come from, which is why you pull a empty.

You're right, if they pull two of our pups out, they have to pull two pups back in to keep the trailer pool even???

This has little to do with filling empty lanes..especially when it comes to economy freight..remember, they have a couple days to fill an economy trailer. It's not like next day when it has to be closed and roll regardless. Like I said before, they have O/O's on dedicated runs that we also have meets with. Extra board has turned into "end of the month" help.

why is corporate or management stupid?. I dont agree with everything that goes on here at Freight. 20 years ago this company was running before they hired me. It was Arkansas Freight. I gratefully accepted a job here. I dont see the company is as bad as some of you make it out to be. I can voice my opinion about an issue to mgmt in Lug. I can stay here and adapt or I can leave. Some of you are so miserable here just go work for somebody else. If you have all the answers then go start your own LTL..... ship FedEX !!!!!!:smile:

roundabout said:
why is corporate or management stupid?. I dont agree with everything that goes on here at Freight. 20 years ago this company was running before they hired me. It was Arkansas Freight. I gratefully accepted a job here. I dont see the company is as bad as some of you make it out to be. I can voice my opinion about an issue to mgmt in Lug. I can stay here and adapt or I can leave. Some of you are so miserable here just go work for somebody else. If you have all the answers then go start your own LTL..... ship FedEX !!!!!!:smile:

This company was founded by a God loving Cristian man that valued his best resource...his "coworkers" we went from one extreme to the other..a little known fact.. Sherridan put in place a profit sharing fund for every employee before he sold to Fedex..you can not compare Fred Smith with a one of a kind man