FedEx Freight | Fedex slaps linehaul drivers in the face again......

There's 10 guys on our extra board sitting home tonight, do they (fedex) care? No, not a bit

10 guys!?!?!
Are you serious?
It's end of the frickin' month for christsakes!!
WTF?
Old Dominion just hired 5 guys and they exhaust their board every night.

What a joke this company is!
The way they treat people is just plain wrong...which is why they'll never be successful.

Yep, I asked how many head of me and she said 9+me= 10. It's cause they cancel sooooo many bids everyday! PT's got their loads though

Yep, I asked how many head of me and she said 9+me= 10. It's cause they cancel sooooo many bids everyday! PT's got their loads though

I don't mean to be an a$$$ man, but there's better opportunities out there than this place.
OD, Saia, Conway...all of them around me are hiring and working guys full-time.
If I were you I'd get another job and not even give these scumbags a two-week notice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike Varnco said:
I don't mean to be an a$$$ man, but there's better opportunities out there than this place.
OD, Saia, Conway...all of them around me are hiring and working guys full-time.
If I were you I'd get another job and not even give these scumbags a two-week notice.

Take your own advice Varnco, Saia?Heh...heh...

This company was founded by a God loving Cristian man that valued his best resource...his "coworkers" we went from one extreme to the other..a little known fact.. Sherridan put in place a profit sharing fund for every employee before he sold to Fedex..you can not compare Fred Smith with a one of a kind man

What the what?! I'm as big a fan of the old man as anyone, but let's not rewrite history....

Old AF said:
What the what?! I'm as big a fan of the old man as anyone, but let's not rewrite history....

The Old Man and the boys loved to party too! I miss AF, but at my barn things havent changed much.

This place will never unionize, of course if it wasn't for the unions, we would have no where near the benefits we have now. According to the dept. of labor, anything provided to you by your company "over minimum wage", is a benefit. Unless you are under a contract (union) the company is not responsible to provide you anything. If you don't like the way they are treating you without a contract, QUIT. You have no rights without a contract. The company can even hold your pay until you quit (pay you 30 hours a week for 40 hours of work to keep you part-time) as long as they pay you what is owed when you leave. No company in their right mind would do this except Dayton Freight Lines.

Are you serious about Dayton Freight doing this, man and I almost went to work for them when the BIG E let me go cause I had to much time in LINEHAUL.

if it keeps me from working weekends, more power to them...

...and see i believe this why the company uses those contractors that pull our sets for possibly this reason. They're possibly trying to avoid a 7 day work schedule/operation. Of course there's no operation over the wknd except sat morn road runs out of most hubs but that's all. By noon that person at a hub that disp. U out is gone & the terminal is locked down of course. There's no dock operation at all on a regular weekend. So this is another reason why i think they use those contractors is because over the weekend too they can go to those closed terminal where freight needs to be moved & hook a set that has whatever certain type of freight/service that's already been loaded fri night during a hub operation or was possibly a thru load that came in sat morn with a company road driver from his/her fri night pm run or came back with whoever volunteered that sat morn that came back that evening instead of using the contractors own trailer in which wouldn't be able to get loaded either early mon morn during a the inbound/city dock operation. The company is getting too big for corporate to even handle let alone when the merger took place. They're trying so hard to avoid a 7 day operation. A multi billion dollar company this is of course...with no unions sucking it dry. The #1 biggest non-union ltl company operating....rite!? What's that old saying....u have to spend $$$ to make $$$....and just like that one driver said...this a company that just wants to make $$$......said in a nutshell. The difference with af/sheridan garrison & his sons to fedex is that garrison wasn't trying to be a billionaire fast & over night like these fedex corporate ceo's & v.p's let alone fred smith. The garrison family seemed cool with the millions they were making in revenue....let alone would run a road driver miles with mtys to retrieve freight just to make service to satisfy the customers. No one really got cancelled back in the af days even if u had 8k & a mty. No one from a foreign terminal via'd to get that 8k box. Everyone from their orgin terminal ran direct to their dest terminal. Af didn't hire these folks that fedex has down at corporate hdqrts with these goofy titled job titles that we've all said to ourselves "what the heck to they do!" when fedex bought af the company turned into "the machine" in my opinion. On that purple promise mission statement i thought one of the mission statements was...."we operate & use our resources within"...something like this but don't quote me. The biggest mistake was when fred smith started to appoint a ceo for each operating division. So for that ceo to get a little bonus $$$ of course he/she starts from the bottom.....which is us....the hard working employees who makes the $$$ for them....all they do is count it & divide it....nuff said. You all know this......capitalist corporate greed.

Did you sign up to work Saturday?

These rules apply to Sat Jeff...If you don't know if you'll be available (work days) you can't sign up
scan0021.jpg

scan0022.jpg

Call Harrison, they can't write you up for not being available to work due to the 10 hour off rule.

Call Harrison, they can't write you up for not being available to work due to the 10 hour off rule.
Right...but the point is "don't sign up if you can't work for sure" They use to have people sign up and then not answer their phone Sat, that's why they don't want you to sign up unless your sure you can work. I use to sign up every week when I was city and had to punch out by 2100. You know, it's all about what's convienent to them. Hell, I got a verbal for not taking a CBE course in a "timely manner." They said I had 5 days this month I could have taken it, 3 of which ended on Sat morning. The same CBE course we all took before the merge but, they didn't know how to pull that up. The rules are different when they don't need you Jeff. Get as much on you as they can, so they can fire. We just had a guy that had an accident, they offered him a dock job 250mi away for 2 yrs..WTH?

When you are on the bottom you have to sign the call block waiver, Sign up for weekends, work the dock if they ask you to, if you want to make any money...
Being on the bottom sucks, it's always going to suck until you move up but you either gotta hang on and do the best you can or move on.
I have no sympathy for newbies that won't get their ass out on the dock or think they should get a 500 mile run every night.. We have drivers that pass the short shuttle runs here then cry they are not making a paycheck. Then we have others that will leave his family for 2 weeks at a time to work the dock for 12 hours a day at a foreign terminal.. Who do I care about? I care about the guy willing to do whatever it takes to put food on the table and feed his family.

Ask your sup if any other terminals are needing a little help until it picks up where you are.

I be damned if I would go to work here if they were as bad to you as you say they are.

It's not just me...like I said-10 guys last night, just here. And I'm not a newbie, I've got 20 guys ahead of me with less Road. I'm just the only one at the bottom that sticks around here listening to guys who started at AF ***** about how bad they have it making 75k plus. This is "the place to be, if you wanna know what's going on" But all the long timers can't believe what goes on under them. They're in their own world but, there is another side of it that isn't represented here. It's not the same as being bottom at AF, this is fedex now.