XPO | fired thread

I know our salesman is still there. I don't know why. He is such a dufus that the customers don't even want him on their property

With very few exceptions all ltl companies have their fingers in the global freight market
You are partially correct. In reality, many of the LTL companies handle overseas freight, but the difference with Conway/XPO versus many of the rest, is that now XPO doesn't have to share the revenue with a freight forwarder or a LTL company that isn't in house. XPO owns the entire group that handles their freight from pick point to delivery point. Which means that the money ISN'T shared with outsiders.

Smart business in my opinion.

I think that most people agree that there are too many office people and mgt. types that are standing around the water cooler chewing the fat all day. And with this XPO/Conway buyout, their hours at the water cooler will get cut back on because those people will get extra work added to them with the consolidation. And if you can't pick up the slack, you might end up on the un-enjoyment line. He will have huge cost savings by raising their work loads, and eliminating duplication.
The problem is that they got rid of local management and sales. These were the ones busting their asses while the rest of the upper management stared at a scorecard.

Your point is well taken and they may have themselves tons of ill gained money, stocks etc. stolen at our expense and stashed away. Yes I get that..but to not be at the very least a little sympathetic toward them now that they have been dismantled... in my opinion, is a bit too harsh. These are our fellow human beings w/ families depending on them, not just their own sakes to look after. Just my thoughts... not trying to get one up on yeah.

They made millions an will do just fine looking for another job I dot want to hear how they will suffer when they make 6-7 figures a year it's their own damn fault for running this once good company into crap

It's going to be quite a change for everyone to get back to moving freight efficiency and get away from standard work orders, . Lean practices, and what ever stupid crap the old mgt came up with lately. You might even get to think for yourself!!!!!
Don't forget VVT. Sure hope Mr. Jacobs or his new president Tony Brooks puts that totally nitwit program 6 ' under real fast.

Don't forget VVT. Sure hope Mr. Jacobs or his new president Tony Brooks puts that totally nitwit program 6 ' under real fast.
Hey speak for yourself. Our VVT team put a sign up in the men's room informing everyone not to throw trash in the urinal.I found that very helpful and it only took our team 75 man hours to come up with that.I hope they come up with an idea of what to do after we take a dump cause it is really starting to stink in there.

Hey speak for yourself. Our VVT team put a sign up in the men's room informing everyone not to throw trash in the urinal.I found that very helpful and it only took our team 75 man hours to come up with that.I hope they come up with an idea of what to do after we take a dump cause it is really starting to stink in there.
Our VVT doesn't even meet hardly any more. Never got very much done when we did meet. One guy loved meeting just about every week. Why? Because he is a flex guy and he got to come in early every time a meeting was called. Now that's a legitimate and purposeful use of VVT. Don't yeah think??? Has this program been dumped by xpo yet ??? Anybody Know?

Really they've done some good things like spending a $1,000 on hourly food ect for an event one guy could have picked up the phone and had catered for $500.

250 jobs cut Friday, more to come, lean is gone, like I have said for years to top heavy in management! Focused on management rather than the drivers! As a driver it has to be better than we had! No more lostway!!! Or Conway
our sole salesman for the entire state of maine was also let go!

The problem is that they got rid of local management and sales. These were the ones busting their asses while the rest of the upper management stared at a scorecard.
You are the first one to say that. Everyone else is saying that it was only the big shots that got canned and not the ones at the local level.