XPO | free choice act

If you whisper in my ear you better be ready for some hot steamy....just kidding. :hide:
I really have no clue, but I'm assuming it's going to err on the side of being a negative thing in the Con-way environment.

As everyone can see this is total damage control happening should it pass.

I see nothing wrong damage control, as long as you convey both the positive and negative aspects of it and how it fits the Con-way model. (it ain't gonna happen.)
However this is a voice the employees will finally have and Con-way can't bank on letting you have one along with a loaded gun. They want control and the bullets.

...my 2 assuming cents on this subject.
before you do anything else,educate yourself about what the EFCA is,the co. opposes it because it is negative for them,positive for the lowly and easily trampled on people who are carrying the co. and have been since day one!!!!!

Here's a hypothetical:

The EFCA has now passed what's next?
enca.jpg

anyone else get the big speech on the employee free choice act at their place monday from the scm?
YES, but all they have taken from me is my PRIDE,5% of my pay,401 match,vacation,Dignityand seniority and put me on the flex board, why would I want a voice in the work place or a Union.

That crystal ball was probably originally stolen from BO. He said during his campaign that he didn't have a crystal ball to see into the future. :bowdown:

That's cause I had it. I sent it back to him in exchange for the efca seal of approval. :hide::popcorn:
Aye-yi-yi! here comes the flames....:flame:

That's cause I had it. I sent it back to him in exchange for the efca seal of approval. :hide::popcorn:
Aye-yi-yi! here comes the flames....:flame:
Today, you will receive less flames then just a couple of weeks ago.

BUT, just wait a few months when they feel like returning our wages (Plus inflation costs), sick days, pension, and heath care; And watch the flames fly! You are gonna fry for that remark. Yup, one toasted Dockworker coming up.

Man! will THAT be a sight to see. You'll brush it off and we will all look back at this fiasco and laugh and laugh!

Am against EFCA...but also admit I'll like to see how certain management types could freak out @ the crystal palace if it passes.

Today, you will receive less flames then just a couple of weeks ago.

BUT, just wait a few months when they feel like returning our wages (Plus inflation costs), sick days, pension, and heath care; And watch the flames fly! You are gonna fry for that remark. Yup, one toasted Dockworker coming up.

Man! will THAT be a sight to see. You'll brush it off and we will all look back at this fiasco and laugh and laugh!
Yeah, they'll return everything and say "look what we're doing for you"

employee portal

I found the sign-up sheet, laying on one of the tables in the break room.....

Had no idea whatsoever what it pertained to, so I ignored it.......

I'm sure, if it was important, someone will get with me, eventually.......or perhaps not, either way, I'm good with it....
if you go to employee portal there is information there to call your congressman and tell them (no).:popcorn:

Am against EFCA...but also admit I'll like to see how certain management types could freak out @ the crystal palace if it passes.

they are not going to "freak out"......they are going to close your terminal. If enough terminals in your area go "u"., they will close that region. If enough centers go "u" they will close them all. If you are even "entertaining" any wishful thinking along other lines, you are not aware of the history of this company, or, listening to the "unstated" but painfully obvious hidden agenda coming out from the "Palace"......

if you were here, when they shut down CEX, or know anyone who was, you wouldn't even be contemplating a similar train-wreck.

They close cex because they went out on strike.

Last time I checked.....

100% of the strikes, were instituted by Union strangled businesses.

Can't think of even one instance, where a non-union house went out on strike for some reason.

they are not going to "freak out"......they are going to close your terminal. If enough terminals in your area go "u"., they will close that region. If enough centers go "u" they will close them all. If you are even "entertaining" any wishful thinking along other lines, you are not aware of the history of this company, or, listening to the "unstated" but painfully obvious hidden agenda coming out from the "Palace"......

if you were here, when they shut down CEX, or know anyone who was, you wouldn't even be contemplating a similar train-wreck.

I would think the thought of having to close a region would constitute a "freak out" - No?

I can see a single terminal being closed and reworked by the other local terminals. However, if a whole region went for the deck of cards wouldn't that cripple the system? It would have to be a major metropolitan region.

I know there are huge amounts of talk going on in my area because of all these takeaways. Management still has to talk to these so called lethal terminals and start putting out the small fires that have started.

If I was management, I would definitely be scared for the fact that an employee might be given a voice to choose which side he/she is on.
At this point and in my opinion, you're not quite trusted enough to have that voice.
You might end up playing 52 pick-up.

Those fears/threats WILL be conveyed but are they prepared to follow through?

As I have told many over the years; "The U doesn't stand a chance in hell of even getting their foot in the door at Conway." However, the landscape is changing. Am not sure where I stand on this, but things at Conway have to change. How low will we go?

When are you people going to say enough is enough with all the take backs, And stand up and fight corporate. I'm sure they are not finished with all the take backs.THEY ARE JUST WARMING UP.