XPO | free choice act

they had better begin to at least consider some "damage control"....

because, around my place, if the cards were there tonite, they wouldn't have enough of them to go around...

I believe that is what Seems-Like-a-Nice-Guy John L is doing right now with his mad-cap tour of many service centers. We have over 150 drivers and I can accurately say that the vast majority are very upset and are also waiting for cards. Whether they would really sign them is another story.

I believe that is what Seems-Like-a-Nice-Guy John L is doing right now with his mad-cap tour of many service centers. We have over 150 drivers and I can accurately say that the vast majority are very upset and are also waiting for cards. Whether they would really sign them is another story.

Without SUB-service you would have 250 drivers.

they had better begin to at least consider some "damage control"....

because, around my place, if the cards were there tonite, they wouldn't have enough of them to go around...

Something needs to be done that is for sure. I dont feel cards are the answer. I think that would make it worse.

Feel free to argue my point. This is pretty much an open thread for discussion.

im glad to see that somebody gets it!!!!!!!

Did Conway make you guys take a 5% paycut? Is that what that poster was talking about? I just read about YRC and actually posted a thread on the general board asking this question. I thought that's what "Jimmy" had posted. The quote was not on your posting cheeze sorry for the confusion.

has anyone asked their fos/mgr how they did on the union/non-union test ??? how the traing went on how to asnswer these type of questions??

I choose....NOT to make a choice.

Um........now if I choose to not make a choice, haven't I chosen to do so?

So, then.......by not choosing to make a choice, I have made a choice and therefore have used up my Employee Free Choice option.

Hey.....don't bother sending me a card, I have used up my choices.

Something needs to be done that is for sure. I dont feel cards are the answer. I think that would make it worse.

Feel free to argue my point. This is pretty much an open thread for discussion.

What burns me is that this would not be an issue here if our current management had not burried us in debt.

What bothers me about the "not the companies fault" Con-way people is I feel they honestly don't understand why we are in our current predicament. They will all say, "well it is just the economy". NO NO NO... Our current situation is NOT a function of the economy - rather it is a function of our company over-spending during the good economic times then managing that debt poorly which the crumbling economy has now exposed. There is a huge difference here. Our current leaders were handed the keys to the operation when we were a money making machine and now they are trying to save face after their spending spree and poor debt management caught them.

They really did need to do something to free up cash or they would have had to tap a line of credit that would have saddled the company for years. So what do they do, they take it from us.

Be very very clear, these take-backs are not a result of the economy - they are a result of poor financial choices being exposed by the economy.

I'll argue anyone in management on this point. BTW W99, I agree with you 100%.

Rat, what happened? the other day you and John L. were best buddies. Did the check bounce?:smilie_132:

No...I still respect the man for his honesty and the fact he truly believes in what he is doing. And as I said before I did say some very mean things about him...and for that I apologized publicly.

But I disagree with him on many things...and after having given a weeks thought to the matter...even more so!!!

FWIW...the guy I ride with is a member of our location's VTF. He told me all picnics and dinners were cancelled...another kick in the face!!!...which I disagree with!!!!

Rat :loser:

No...I still respect the man for his honesty and the fact he truly believes in what he is doing. And as I said before I did say some very mean things about him...and for that I apologized publicly.

But I disagree with him on many things...and after having given a weeks thought to the matter...even more so!!!

FWIW...the guy I ride with is a member of our location's VTF. He told me all picnics and dinners were cancelled...another kick in the face!!!...which I disagree with!!!!

Rat :loser:

We aren't allowed to have dinner, or go to a picnic..........at all.....ever????

now I am steamed....