TForce | freight dead?

Valerie said:
I doubt that it was Overnite that destroyed MC. Overnite is no more, MC and Overnite are now UPSF. Unless you are personally banrupt, your statement is untrue. So, you are not making any more money than you were making over a year ago? Your heath insruance is not at a better rate than it was a year ago? Sure, it may not be drastic changes, but it is still better than it was last year.
Actually the fact of the matter is that "O" DID destroy "MC". As soon as our drivers had to start going to shippers and hand them bills of lading that said "O" on them, the customer said "See Ya". Yes it is now UPSF, but so far the only UPSF that is to be seen is on the new uniforms and the duct tape logo's on our doors.

galaxy99dx said:
Actually the fact of the matter is that "O" DID destroy "MC". As soon as our drivers had to start going to shippers and hand them bills of lading that said "O" on them, the customer said "See Ya". Yes it is now UPSF, but so far the only UPSF that is to be seen is on the new uniforms and the duct tape logo's on our doors.
Not quite that bad, lots of customers do not like change, even if it is only a name. Be patient. Customers are just waiting to see how things play out, then they will be knocking at the doors trying to wrangle some deep discounts to ship with us.

Trojan Man said:
Not quite that bad, lots of customers do not like change, even if it is only a name. Be patient. Customers are just waiting to see how things play out, then they will be knocking at the doors trying to wrangle some deep discounts to ship with us.
Welcome to the boards Trojan Man. Up here in the Nor'east, we burnt a lot of customers when we were "O". Now that we are part of the Brown Machine, very slowly people are starting to take notice less damages and on time service. The thing here is that losing a bad rep takes time. Remember, one oh sht, wipes out a thousand attaboys.

I have a customer that says he hated Overnite,and also hates UPS.
Its odd that I deliver 2 to 4 shippments a day,also we get outbound from him 2,or 3 times a week.
Just think how much business we'd have with this customer if he loved us?
People are funny that work in their companys shipping,and receiving departments.
They may have their ideas of whos good,or bad in trucking, but they have to truck with the ones their companies want.

Apo, same thing here. But recently I had one shipper die unexpectedly, now the company uses UPSF all the time. So far no real hitches with our service. Time will tell if we hold onto them, I hope so, it keeps me employed.

driver you will start getting paid in chineese yen because that is the only place they made money this quarter, I guess o isn't doing so well...just hurting the stock holders and devalueing our stock and our benefits...where is ups?

Just my 2 cents. I have heard from "good" sources that some time around the end of Nov. contract carriers (not UPGF o/o's) are to be dropping off or dropped all together. That freight will go on company units. So, just be cool until then and see what happens. I myself, I hope it IS true. That will be good for all of us.

On a side note, freight in JAX has been good. Everyone is working.

When other trucking companys are picking up from one of the customers on my route,some thank the shipping guy out load,some write thank you at the bottom of the bill of laden.
But whenever I make a pickup.
I say thanks for using UPS Freight.
The job you save may be mine.
Everyone gives me a sure,or something like that as a come back.

You've got to come up with something catchy to get their attention,so they will remember whos really thankful for them using your trucking company.

Apostolic said:
When other trucking companys are picking up from one of the customers on my route,some thank the shipping guy out load,some write thank you at the bottom of the bill of laden.
But whenever I make a pickup.
I say thanks for using UPS Freight.
The job you save may be mine.
Everyone gives me a sure,or something like that as a come back.

You've got to come up with something catchy to get their attention,so they will remember whos really thankful for them using your trucking company.

Next time say, look what brown did for you!!!!:horse: :horse:

HEAVY-METAL said:
Just my 2 cents. I have heard from "good" sources that some time around the end of Nov. contract carriers (not UPGF o/o's) are to be dropping off or dropped all together. That freight will go on company units. So, just be cool until then and see what happens. I myself, I hope it IS true. That will be good for all of us.

On a side note, freight in JAX has been good. Everyone is working.
Forgive me if I misunderstood you HM, are you saying that gypsies that hauled supply chain freight will be dropped? If so, are you saying owner operators for UPSF will be still hauling the freight? If so, they are not company employees or equipment, so what would that matter to us? The way I percieve it is, if we are not picking it up and it isn't in our line haul system and delivering it ourselves, then we are not involved. Freight levels in the great nor'east are low and slow. Its going to be a lean winter!!

hugnlug said:
Forgive me if I misunderstood you HM, are you saying that gypsies that hauled supply chain freight will be dropped? If so, are you saying owner operators for UPSF will be still hauling the freight? If so, they are not company employees or equipment, so what would that matter to us? The way I percieve it is, if we are not picking it up and it isn't in our line haul system and delivering it ourselves, then we are not involved. Freight levels in the great nor'east are low and slow. Its going to be a lean winter!!

I agree....

I wonder why there is going to be no more Sunday night dispatches after Nov. 5th. I can't see how this is going to work. Unless on the weekends they are just going to use owner operators and outside carriers.

If that is the case why not use our own people that want to make extra money???

Still trying to figure that one out. I guess we will see how it all works out. I'm betting there will be some line drivers called in early Monday ASAP.

Probably won't last long I'm guessing.

Well Skeeter I've posted this point before.
The Rail Road bought Overnite for an experement to see if they could have better rail to door service owning an LTL Trucking company.
They tryed a few ideas that didn't work out for them,but only devalued our company.
Finally they spun us off to operate on our own again.
This time UPS parcel has purchased us.
They to have wanted to have a LTL trucking company to inhance their transportation needs.
And I feel they also are experementing with their own ideas of what will work,or not.
We are now souly owned by the worlds largest transportation company,and they can do anything that pleases them.
Right,or wrong,like you say only (TIME WILL TELL)

Skeeter said:
I wonder why there is going to be no more Sunday night dispatches after Nov. 5th. I can't see how this is going to work. Unless on the weekends they are just going to use owner operators and outside carriers.

Still trying to figure that one out. I guess we will see how it all works out. I'm betting there will be some line drivers called in early Monday ASAP.

Well this is only a guess but maybe they will start doing day runs as well as nites, certainly not unheard of.

Skeeter said:

The slow months are ahead. They will use city drivers during the day to get the freight and the line drivers will sit home at night. Just like in the past.

dont know about you guys but here at yellow freight in columbus oh its been dead all freakin year/ have worked less than 80 days and half of thats been on the laidoff work board/ if the economy is so great why arent we seeing it?

ghostrider said:
dont know about you guys but here at yellow freight in columbus oh its been dead all freakin year/ have worked less than 80 days and half of thats been on the laidoff work board/ if the economy is so great why arent we seeing it?

It's nothing but a farse, politicians suck!!!!! They are alway's working...