FedEx Freight | gallop polls

We've been doing these "Quality of work life" surveys for many years. Way back in the old Viking Freight days.

All of the staff.. If you are a shuttle driver, it ways towards the hub you run to.. City driver, your management team, office ect. ect. ect..

Its not just a load of B.S... FXFE takes this poll very seriously.. After the results are weighed in.. actions plans are to be put in place to work on the areas that are low.. It's taken serious at my barn and the previous poll is matched up to the present.. this is not just a poll that hourly employees take, everyone in the compnay takes this poll.. I took mine yesterday.. Strickly anonymous, and everyone should be truthfull in all of your answers.. It's not just a piece of paper to bash your manager.. There is not one question on it that asks about a specific member of the team with FedEx.. It's about the team that you work with, beside and for each day.

It's not anonymous......look at the tracking number on the back lower right hand corner. Everyone's has a different "pro" number

Hey boss, tell me one thing these polls have changed? NOTHING ,NOTHING AT ALL!!! We fill them out year after year and nothing changes. Everyday the dispatchers say we complain about the same thing over and over, well wake up if they would change things the complaining would stop.Just one more thing how dare you say they lied, don't you know the right hand of GOD has personally chose each member of management to guide the company, just ask any one of them.

How long have the gallup poles have been in place, I don't remember taking them back in the AF days?

And as for the right hand of God.. He placed me here on this good Earth, as he did you. What I choose to do with my life and the way I live will determine the rest. Judge as you will with who you will.. but, don't place your judgement on me, as I have not on you!

I've been here for 20 years and have been making the same complaints or suggestions (when asked) to the same people for most of those years. After filling out that many surveys and seeing nothing but the managers beating on their chest and telling us how great the company is, I've come to the conclusion that these surveys are spun to favor the company. This how they have stayed on the 100 best companies to work for list for soo long.

If you are so tired of hearing about us talking about how bad we have it, why don't you tell us how good you have it?
I don't have it bad at all. I like the center I work at! For the most part everyone here gets along well.. Our manager is fair and will dig into most issues with a quick response. Same goes for the center I was at before. I have decent benefits, some of those I would change if I could. I get paid on time, and have never missed a check. I get bonuses that I never recieved anywhere else. We have good, nice looking, clean equipment. Our facility is top of the line and looks good in and out. We have a great group of shuttle drivers running our hub, and our hub runs really smooth. We are informed here of happenings with the company, and I also get plenty of information at home letting me know what is going on. Our vending machines stay full, and there is always ice in the ice machine. Our Flag flys high above the center.

If you have been making the same complaints for 20 years to the same people.. don't you think it might be time to try talking to someone else.

I have some issues with some things that go on here.. I have been here for almost 7 years.. bet your A$$, if I had the same complaint for seven years.. I would be writing a letter to someone if it was a ligitimant complaint.

Maybe it's your manager that needs a reality check.. not the company.

Sorry

:smilie_132: Sounds like some of what management would say ,if you ask a question ?? Nothing personal against YOU:1036316054:

forget who told me, but the gallup is still in its infancy at fxf yet some folks have reported improvements. lets face it men... kind of tough to reinvent the wheel here. we're freight haulers. i tend to agree w/ roogie.. if you answer all bad than that just means more meetings right??

Well we here at our center dont have to worry about meetings with the ccm cause he does not have meetings with the line haul guys. In most cases we are left out of the loop. This is good cause we dont have to hear all the BS.

We got called in for a tune up on Friday: Pizza and sodie pops and a formal preshift meeting. Think this might just be attempt to score some points b4 the poll gets handed out?

OK here's the deal---the six digit code number that links your JOB TITLE back to gallop!!
So your JIMBO driver out of IOWA.
gallo knows that IOWA has lets say 45 drivers. Well if they only get 40 back then 5 are not counted for. It's so GALLOP is doing there job.
Has nothing to do with your EE # or who your are as a Person--Just one out of total number.
So at the Center you have 100 dock, 45 drivers, 15 office. Gallop will take all 160 and use this as a scale.

Now your CCMgr knows who hates him and who likes him So if your at a small barn.and he gets tons of negative checks on the gallop he can figure out who his bad apples are. But he will never know who's who. That's why FXF pays about 100 Grand for this gallop stuff.

AF and viking used to do internal surveys--I bet nothing has changed..just FXF spending more $$$$ so they can be OFFICIAL and print that FXF is ranked by gallop!! Big Freaking Deal.

My 2 cents

OK here's the deal---the six digit code number that links your JOB TITLE back to gallop!!
So your JIMBO driver out of IOWA.
gallo knows that IOWA has lets say 45 drivers. Well if they only get 40 back then 5 are not counted for. It's so GALLOP is doing there job.
Has nothing to do with your EE # or who your are as a Person--Just one out of total number.

Our CCM said something along those lines. I still don't trust them 100%. Something fishy about each one of us having different numbers on our survey forms.

The numbers were nowhere close to being the same. If they had something to do with where we were from or our job class, wouldn't part of the numbers be the same?
For true confidentiality each sheet should come out of one package. No names. No numbers. No bar codes.

If they want to track how many came from where, they should have different envelopes for different job classes. Keep track of how many surveys go into each envelope and where the envelope came from.

Hannity has a name for people who believe everything they're told. "Kool-Aid Drinker". It's a term that goes back to the Jonestown Massacre.
For some of you younger guys that may not ring a bell. If not read your history. Put it like this.....Don't drink the purple Kool-Aid just because they say it's OK.
I don't trust em...........

The questions for the gallop poll should be like this in the following order:

pension or 401k?

more pay or more vacation?
(less pay raises and more vacation)

automatics or manual trans.?

one board senority.... yes or no?

do we like the scm in our barns?

do we like the stupidvisors in our barns?

pizza and soda or banquet/caterer?

x-mass parties w/ open bar till the cows come home or nothing?

I like this gallop pole! There you go smokestack.:BlahBlah: :gathering: :woohoo1:

The questions for the gallop poll should be like this in the following order:

pension or 401k?

more pay or more vacation?
(less pay raises and more vacation)

automatics or manual trans.?

one board senority.... yes or no?

do we like the scm in our barns?

do we like the stupidvisors in our barns?

pizza and soda or banquet/caterer?

x-mass parties w/ open bar till the cows come home or nothing?

I like this gallop pole! There you go smokestack.:BlahBlah: :gathering: :woohoo1:

Now thats a Gallup I would vote in:1036316054:

On my survey I checked strongly agree in favor of management for every question, except for the one that asked do I have a person I would call a best friend at work, I checked strongly disagree, because after all I work with a bunch of truck driver's, and who want's to be best friend's with people like that!:nutkick:

You have really hurt my feelings now and it is going to drive my brother to a loony bin