Garden Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 5115
  • Start date
My garden was a soggy mess after a downpour that didn't seem to ever stop

Hollyhocks leaning severely from the storms. I hope the stalks don't break :(

Mammoth Jalepeno

2014-06-06095324_zps974499be.jpg

Sangria (Ornamental)

These ornamentals come in several varieties and some aren't considered edible. These are very mild. I fried some with squash and onions just to add some flavor. I also have been throwing them in the pickling jar with the banana peppers just to see how they turn out. They produce like tadpoles and add color to a garden.

2014-06-07085912_zpsa719471a.jpg

The poor bunny was clearly homeless. You should leave him something outside the fence.

Well..on second thought, before you know it all his buddies start showing up and then you've brought a bad element into the neighborhood.

[h=1]7 Infamous Gangs of New York[/h]
3. The Dead Rabbits
gangs-of-newyork1.jpg
Lower Manhattan c. 1845.

This crew of Irish immigrants was one of the most feared gangs to emerge from Five Points, so named for its location at the intersection of five crooked, narrow, downtown streets. For more than 60 years, Five Points (near modern-day Chinatown) was one of the city’s most notorious—and dangerous–neighborhoods. Throughout the 1850s, the Dead Rabbits excelled at robbery, pick-pocketing and brawling—particularly with their sworn enemies, the Bowery Boys.

7 Infamous Gangs of New York

so you see......the Dead Rabbits can STILL BE out there...!!!........:LMAO:

They like strawberries too! Dang theives!

.........:LMAO:........

i was actually doing a search, for bunnies dressed up as "gangsta's".....

i took off with the line that R/R had provided...

never in a kabillion years, would i have ever known that there ever was such a gang......:LMAO:

3. The Dead Rabbits

This crew of Irish immigrants was one of the most feared gangs to emerge from Five Points, so named for its location at the intersection of five crooked, narrow, downtown streets. For more than 60 years, Five Points (near modern-day Chinatown) was one of the city’s most notorious—and dangerous–neighborhoods. Throughout the 1850s, the Dead Rabbits excelled at robbery, pick-pocketing and brawling—particularly with their sworn enemies, the Bowery Boys.

Good stuff. Now I have to wonder if these Dead Rabbit thugs are responsible for poking out my cat's left eye.

Had to replant my corn, it seems the seeds from last year (or are they two years old?) didn't have much of a germination rate and the baby limas (which I know are from last year) let me down too. I have left the asparagus go for the year now, I think I have a strawberry out there and will check it out (more on that later). The Egyptian Onions I got are doing well and reproducing like ummm we'll go with rabbits. They are hardy buggers as they all made it through the winter in the ground with no loving care. Now I need to weed and feed.

Good stuff. Now I have to wonder if these Dead Rabbit thugs are responsible for poking out my cat's left eye.

if you or any of your neighbors saw this guy, in your hood, then i suspect he is the one you are looking for.....

images
images

Im headed out to the garden in a bit. Time to find a few veggies for supper. I think while Im there I will get them to give my glasses an adjustment. They are not fitting too good. Also I need another pair of work boots.

Im headed out to the garden in a bit. Time to find a few veggies for supper. I think while Im there I will get them to give my glasses an adjustment. They are not fitting too good. Also I need another pair of work boots.

you got someone in your garden that can adjust your glasses..??? and they sell work boots as well...????

christ, man, what kind of garden DO YOU plant..????

personally, i plant a spaghetti and meatball, and pizza garden, and i thought that was special..... :LMAO:

That is hilarious!

I am unqualified to post properly

I almost said I am a poor poster but Pro1 would probably ask how my bank balance affects my posting ability

Last edited by a moderator:
That is hilarious!

i try my best to entertain the troops.....:LMAO:

why back in the day, me and Martha Rae used to be pretty good cut ups....and "trip the light fantastic"....:kicking:

(oh sorry, i thought you meant the spaghetti and meatball response...)

Rather than "REPLY WITH QUOTE" like I should have, I posted not in the correct location to correspond with my comment.
I am totally embarrassed at my ineptitude.

no problemo...i too am embarrassed....

at my fortitude....:LMAO:...(given my current medical condition)

Good plan. I may get my car tuned up while I'm picking some squash.