FedEx Freight | Gardena CA on strike, walkout!

I'm just correcting your mistakes, that's all....don't get your panties in a wad!!
That's exactly why my original response was...they're blaming FedEx for their lack of support in response to why they were protesting!! It doesn't matter what state you live in, you can't have a union just because you want one, there are procedures that must be followed....and GAR doesn't have the support to get past step one....and they're trying to blame FedEx!!

News Flash: not everyone wants a union!!

@scalgrasshopper I'm curious if you can respond reasonably to this because it's a good point. If they have the numbers have the vote, if they don't then their little temper tantrum is pointless.

@scalgrasshopper I'm curious if you can respond reasonably to this because it's a good point. If they have the numbers have the vote, if they don't then their little temper tantrum is pointless.
A protest/strike/temper tantrum is never pointless.They must have over 50% plus one,is what l'm thinking,and they must have turn them into the union for count,and FX must be saying no you dont have the numbers,or whatever tatic they are using to not reconize,And that is why the workers are striking..Is it possible they dont have the numbers? maybe but if they didnt there is no way that teamsters from ABF,UPSF or YRC would go there and support them without the numbers...So we seem to be at stalemate,but the issue is not dead,and l suspect more walkoffs and protests are in the future

A protest/strike/temper tantrum is never pointless.They must have over 50% plus one,is what l'm thinking,and they must have turn them into the union for count,and FX must be saying no you dont have the numbers,or whatever tatic they are using to not reconize,And that is why the workers are striking..Is it possible they dont have the numbers? maybe but if they didnt there is no way that teamsters from ABF,UPSF or YRC would go there and support them without the numbers...So we seem to be at stalemate,but the issue is not dead,and l suspect more walkoffs and protests are in the future

It's not up to Fedex, they have nothing to say about it. The drivers from that terminal have to get cards signed and then petition the nlrb for a vote Fedex has absolutely NO say in any of that. My guess is Red is right they don't have the numbers so they're throwing a tantrum. You said in one of your other posts you were a union member from the area and insinuated you knew something now you don't, what gives?

reasonable enough ? if 10 drivers out of 100 wanted it,but the other 90 didnt,l think FX would show those 10 the door

There is no evidence of that happening at any of the other terminals that voted no or pulled their petitions. And that still doesn't address how you think Fedex is stopping it.

It's not up to Fedex, they have nothing to say about it. The drivers from that terminal have to get cards signed and then petition the nlrb for a vote Fedex has absolutely NO say in any of that. My guess is Red is right they don't have the numbers so they're throwing a tantrum. You said in one of your other posts you were a union member from the area and insinuated you knew something now you don't, what gives?
I'm telling you how it works out here,but you think you know it all so be it..Maybe they are striking,no wait,they can't really strike if they're non-union,but that looks like a strike,but maybe they are protesting because they want hotter,younger chicks in the office..

I'm telling you how it works out here,but you think you know it all so be it..Maybe they are striking,no wait,they can't really strike if they're non-union,but that looks a strike,but maybe they are protesting becausr they want hotter,younger chicks in the office..

It has nothing to do with me being a know it all, it works the same in California as everywhere else. You sign cards, you file a petition, and you have a vote. The company can't do a thing to stop it.

I'm telling you how it works out here,but you think you know it all so be it..Maybe they are striking,no wait,they can't really strike if they're non-union,but that looks a strike,but maybe they are protesting because they want hotter,younger chicks in the office..
It has nothing to do with me being a know it all, it works the same in California as everywhere else. You sign cards, you file a petition, and you have a vote. The company can't do a thing to stop it.
There are tatics/games that FX can play,which they are doing..We had a yard out here vote for the union,seems simple enough as you say,and it took over 2 years to get the company to the table,after numerous court battles,to get them to reconize..Getting the numbers is just the 1st step,and FX could really put up a fight, up to and closing the yard and tossing everybody and reopening at a later date and new location with fresh,( l love fedex company hacks) BTW it does not work the same every where, some states are at will and others are right to work,so there are problems when dealing with either or or

Last edited:
There are tatics/games that FX can play,which they are doing..We had a yard out here vote for the union,seems simple enough as you say,and it took over 2 years to get the company to the table,after numerous court battles,to get them to reconize..Getting the numbers is just the 1st step,and FX could really put a fight up to and closing the yard and tossing everybody and reopening at a later date and new location with fresh,( l love fedex scabs)

I'm aware that there are "games" Fedex can play but they have yet to close a single terminal or fire anyone for the effort. Some will claim people have been fired for it but there's no proof and it's not widespread even if it did happen. As a matter of fact I don't think there has been a single UPL stick, if I remember correctly they claimed there was voter intimidation before the CIN vote but that was never heard about again. Here's the FACT they have not had a representation vote let alone a petition. So there is nothing Fedex can do except posture. Have the committed a single ULP yet? Have they ran freight around or brought in replacement drivers yet? No. If they have the balls to strike how come they don't have the balls for a vote? I think they don't have the numbers and they know it. Keep working on that quote feature.

I'm just correcting your mistakes, that's all....don't get your panties in a wad!!
That's exactly why my original response was...they're blaming FedEx for their lack of support in response to why they were protesting!! It doesn't matter what state you live in, you can't have a union just because you want one, there are procedures that must be followed....and GAR doesn't have the support to get past step one....and they're trying to blame FedEx!!

News Flash: not everyone wants a union!!
Don't really like getting on here anymore but here I go... I spoke to someone in CA and was told that the reason the GAR drivers walked out was because as soon as word was out that cards were being signed the meetings and union busting began. They didn't feel everyone should be forced to hear only one side of the story. I guess that could be considered as blaming fedex for being unfair. Is there no one from GAR on here ?

I'm aware that there are "games" Fedex can play but they have yet to close a single terminal or fire anyone for the effort. Some will claim people have been fired for it but there's no proof and it's not widespread even if it did happen. As a matter of fact I don't think there has been a single UPL stick, if I remember correctly they claimed there was voter intimidation before the CIN vote but that was never heard about again. Here's the FACT they have not had a representation vote let alone a petition. So there is nothing Fedex can do except posture. Have the committed a single ULP yet? Have they ran freight around or brought in replacement drivers yet? No. If they have the balls to strike how come they don't have the balls for a vote? I think they don't have the numbers and they know it. Keep working on that quote feature.
ok..lol

Don't really like getting on here anymore but here I go... I spoke to someone in CA and was told that the reason the GAR drivers walked out was because as soon as word was out that cards were being signed the meetings and union busting began. They didn't feel everyone should be forced to hear only one side of the story. I guess that could be considered as blaming fedex for being unfair. Is there no one from GAR on here ?
It's the same way at every center that's ever started signing cards whether they petitioned or not. If the employees are signing cards it's obvious they are upset, disgruntled, etc..., about something and this is the company's way of combatting the situation. FedEx, like most companies, doesn't want the union and they'll do all they can legally to avoid dealing with them, including meetings and union busting and it's well within their rights....it's their company. No one is "forced" to hear only one side, the local hall is open for anyone to ask questions. From our contacts in SoCal, the general consensus is that the majority of drivers at GAR don't want the union and wish to remain union-free...if that upsets the 20 or so drivers that do want it, sorry, but don't blame the company.
There are one or two pro-union drivers that chime in here and there that I assume are from, or are close to GAR but who knows??

Don't be a stranger @gr8times.

Last edited: