FedEx Freight | Good Luck LOU

Fair enough... I think it's EQUALLY fair to criticize those that are "adamant", in their assertion that FedEx "will not negotiate", or "will not offer any more than we have now", or the most unlikely-" we'll end up with less". In truth, I think, the more support the movement gains, the more leverage we'll have. If there was even consistent 75% support, a contract in the ballpark of UPSF, would be very achievable, IMHO. Big "if", I know.
Currently, you only have 0.83% of the centers, you've got a loooong way to go in order to reach 75%! BIG "IF"!
As far as the first part of your post, the company has clearly said that they wouldn't agree to anything that's not in the best interest of the company. I hate to sound "adamant" but what makes you guys think differently?

BTW, this new format SUCKS!!!!

If I worked for a company that it's pilots are union.I dern sure be in one too.Why are people on the ground risking their lives everyday any less of a worker than the pilots? Drivers are skilled labor as well
1) Good thing you don't work for us.
2) The median income for a commercial pilot is $144,200, should drivers be making as much?
3) Name one company that employees commercial pilots that's NOT union?
4) Pilots are under the RLA, drivers are under the NLRA.

2) The median income for a commercial pilot is $144,200, should drivers be making as much?

Do we really need to debate the pilot issue again. Look at the hours it takes to be able to fly an AIrbus or DC-10. Come on there bigtruk-us.

History. How bout the FACT that Overnite went seven years and NEVER sniffed a contract. With that being said, why would you assume that negotiations would be swift?
A different era than then. Market share is very important. Customers do not like labor disputes....Just to name a few...

Aren't your drivers working for ground and express under the RLA?

Do we really need to debate the pilot issue again. Look at the hours it takes to be able to fly an AIrbus or DC-10. Come on there bigtruk-us.
Seems to me the only relevance the Pilots issue brings, is the fact that FedEx will negotiate, and has been known to agree a contract, especially when it's with a service provider whose members are in relatively short supply.

Currently, you only have 0.83% of the centers, you've got a loooong way to go in order to reach 75%! BIG "IF"!
As far as the first part of your post, the company has clearly said that they wouldn't agree to anything that's not in the best interest of the company. I hate to sound "adamant" but what makes you guys think differently?

BTW, this new format SUCKS!!!!
But Red, the proven support HAS increased 300% since Oct. 14th. (EPH) and there are many who resist supporting, due to lack of proven support. It becomes a self fulfilling prophecy, IMHO.

Again, once significant organization is attained, THEN it IS in the company's best interest. Today, it is in their best interest to resist, I agree. And today, I think it's in our best interest to persist.

1) Are you against diversity?
2) Shouldn't our pension be 1/3 of a pilots pension if we make 1/3 of their wages?
3) SkyWest and Virgin America are not union

Seems to me the only relevance the Pilots issue brings, is the fact that FedEx will negotiate, and has been known to agree a contract, especially when it's with a service provider whose members are in relatively short supply.

Agree. The key difference is CDL drivers aren't in relatively short supply. There are plenty of them out there willing to work, issue is many don't meet FedEx's current employment standards. Easier for FedEx Freight to lower those standards to fill a need than to kowtow to the Teamsters. With the pilots, lowering such employment standards wasn't an option.

2) Shouldn't our pension be 1/3 of a pilots pension if we make 1/3 of their wages?
You do remember that our pension was voluntary from the company right (voluntary)???? You need to base your retirement on your 401K

And as far as diversity goes that's all just a bunch of crap. diversity means to me Is not white Not male and Not Christian. Because if you are a white male Christian your a target your wrong not matter what you say or do.

You do remember that our pension was voluntary from the company right (voluntary)???? You need to base your retirement on your 401K
Yes it is voluntary and underfunded with the meager amount they pay into it. If they gave us 1/3 of what pilot pension is we would be well compensated for retirement with our 401k. Retirement should be a package of social security, pension and 401k. Right now we got 2 strikes against us so we might as well swing for the fence.

And as far as diversity goes that's all just a bunch of crap. diversity means to me Is not white Not male and Not Christian. Because if you are a white male Christian your a target your wrong not matter what you say or do.
The person I was replying to stated "Good thing you don't work for us" as a response to another post. FedEx is big on diversity and the previous statement went against that philosophy. If you need a quote from the FedEx web site then read on.
"FedEx was founded on a people-first philosophy, where respect for all people is a fundamental value and everyday business practice."

Here's a link to FedEx's explanation on why FedEx Express is covered under the RLA.

http://files.shareholder.com/downlo...2f80e23dc5a/FDX_News_2009_6_8_Top_Stories.pdf

From the letter...

Like UPS, FedEx Ground and FedEx Freight are covered by the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA). The FedEx Express integrated air and ground network differentiates it from FedEx Ground and FedEx Freight. The fact that FedEx Express is a separate and distinct network for air shipments is what separates FedEx Express from UPS.