TForce | GVL barn has enough cards supposably

Ok were is that going to help all of us UPS Freighters out,UPSF GLAD TO BE NON-UNION?

I mean to say what do they have to offer?

It kind of sounds like they fall somewhere between being non-union,and union?

Ok were is that going to help all of us UPS Freighters out,UPSF GLAD TO BE NON-UNION?

I mean to say what do they have to offer?

It kind of sounds like they fall somewhere between being non-union,and union?

All they have to offer is a promise...or a dream of what they will try to get.

Seems to me most APWA supporters are people that want a union...but are teamster haters.

okay guys I will always post the truth as I see it.

this just in... I just receieved a phone call from a friend at work who while laying around today watching tv decided to call Spillman and chat. (now mind you this friend from work is niether pro or con on the issue of union) but.. he called and Spillman told him point blank "they have 18 of 72 cards signed in GVL (no where enough to start anything) infact when they came to GVL last weekend 5 drivers showed up..... yep 5!!!! Spillman also said to this friend " we are getting discouraged at this point".... now I feel the driver the other night who told me they had enough cards signed was trying to trick people into signing by saying sign your card, it doesn't matter we got enough.. when in all reality there is no where near enough signed.

I sit on the fence about the union, my father was a union stewart for GTE telephone in Florida for 30 years and provided for our family well... and I have seen some bad from the union also..... I really don't know which way to go anymore, but I can say that if Spillman is discouraged at this point, they won't be able to convince enough to sign to do anything........

time will tell....... sigh

this just in... I just receieved a phone call from a friend at work who while laying around today watching tv decided to call Spillman and chat. (now mind you this friend from work is niether pro or con on the issue of union) but.. he called and Spillman told him point blank "they have 18 of 72 cards signed in GVL (no where enough to start anything) infact when they came to GVL last weekend 5 drivers showed up..... yep 5!!!! Spillman also said to this friend " we are getting discouraged at this point".... now I feel the driver the other night who told me they had enough cards signed was trying to trick people into signing by saying sign your card, it doesn't matter we got enough.. when in all reality there is no where near enough signed.

I sit on the fence about the union, my father was a union stewart for GTE telephone in Florida for 30 years and provided for our family well... and I have seen some bad from the union also..... I really don't know which way to go anymore, but I can say that if Spillman is discouraged at this point, they won't be able to convince enough to sign to do anything........

A strong organization will not show its troops weakness. That was not a good sign. Glad to see that others are seeing that to. Hang in there better things are coming.:smilie_132:

Southern Grits, I too have seen the good and the bad the union has to offer, things they've done or not done, promises they made, kept, or broken.

What I did discover about the union is what you put into it you get back ten fold. Getting involved, speaking you mind, showing support all comes back to you in a better way.

Many complain, few get involved. The problem is the few that get invloved end up running things the way they want becuase they have no competetion or checks and balances with membership involved at a high percentage.

The more involved the better, using your voice to improve your own situation is even more satisfying then it sounds.

Good Luck in search for the right answer, the answer that satisfies you the most.

T251

I worked with a guy that got involved in our local union business,but wound up stepping on the wrong toes of the local leaders with his comments.
He was being black listed,but was finally able to get enough work to get a pension.
It took him over three years to get what was owed to him,working with a lawyer.

But this was way back in the old union days.

I know all of you Teamsters have been telling me that those old union days are over.
The local in my area has all new leaders and they've been ok so far on the talks we've had with them.

So I hope I don't get yelled at for bringing up the bad old union days.
Its just something thats strid my memory when union involvment got posted.

Southern Grits, I too have seen the good and the bad the union has to offer, things they've done or not done, promises they made, kept, or broken.

What I did discover about the union is what you put into it you get back ten fold. Getting involved, speaking you mind, showing support all comes back to you in a better way.

Many complain, few get involved. The problem is the few that get invloved end up running things the way they want becuase they have no competetion or checks and balances with membership involved at a high percentage.

The more involved the better, using your voice to improve your own situation is even more satisfying then it sounds.

Good Luck in search for the right answer, the answer that satisfies you the most.

T251
You got that right brother.:1036316054:

Well Krash, I can tell you most of these guys support APWA because they aren't union-minded in the first place.
Bringing the APWA is thier only defense against the Teamsters right now.
Most of these guys have fallen for the 70's propoganda that has been preached to them since they've been at Overnite. Most (former teamsters at Overnite) blame the unions for faliure at past jobs. Most can't see past there noses because their eyes are wide-open shut.

Granted, the propganda that has been fed to these guys holds some vadility, but it holds truth from the 70's. We are in the 21st century over thirty years has past since the corruption, murders, pilfering, and scams of the Fitz era.

This is 2007, an entirly different union organization is in place. In all actuallity a diifferent indusrty all together than the 60's and 70's. The basics still apply but the overall indusrty has changed along with the Teamsters.

I would trully like to hear from those that think so highly of the APWA and waht they truly have to offer.
Ponder this, the openly statement in APWA's website states that all offered in the future are projected, not promised.

T251

PS Before anyone of you goes off on that Solgan that Hoffa preached before the last strike, consider this, GWB used the wrong context in a speech prior to the invasion of Afganistan and Iraq. I believe the word "crusade" was used and taken the wrong way.
Hoffa's statement weren't meant to destroy jobs, they were used the the wrong way. I for one agee that that statement was wrong but it's context was taken the wrong way and inflamed many just like the word "crusade" did.

Correct me if I am wrong but if the teamster's get 51% of the barns in this co. Teamsters win... correct.

I would imagine 51% per barn unless UPS agreed to something different. I wish you well brother accelerator and hope that yall get the Teamster's and a National UPSF agreement. If APWA is successful in splintering yall up it could prove problematic. But I still believe there only goal is to hinder the organizing drive at UPSF.

Does the APWA have strong language in place to deal with every given rights of the workers with their company?

No they don't Apostolic because they have never negotiated a contract and they are not the bargaining agent for any group of employees.

They would have to have negotiated something to have language

T, I usually find most of the views you express on this forum right on. Granted some may not agree with some of your statements, but then again bare facts and brass tacks is always the best approach in my book anyway. But speaking for many here at UPSF, I take offense to your above statement. Your assumption that we are teamsters on sabatical with a grudge against the union is truly disrespectful. Not only to those employees who have stuck there necks out to get the IBT drive going, but also to the union itself. Many employees that were union lost there jobs to corporate greed and mismanagement, CEX, ST.J., USF, CF, to name a few. When these companies closed, many of us took what was being offered with dignity and eventually moved on. I know many that never blamed the union, in fact, I know of cases where the union was willing to bend over backwards to work with the companies, Preston, CF, Nationsway, etc. Of coarse there are and always will be a few who feel like the union let them down. There are also those too who have never have been affiliated with any union organization and feel the word of there respective company is gospel. Guess what? Catagorizing the employees that log onto this board as APWA lovers and anti-IBT is narrow minded. Do you know how many terminals in New England have completed the card check and are waiting on a International Brotherhood of Teamsters contract? ALL OF THEM!! If you want to attract membership, educate through good stewardship!!

Hug do you need a hug? :console:

I'm sorry if I offened you but I think my wording my have not been as clear and you may have taken it in the wrong context.

When I said most I did mean most UPSF employees I meant most of the non supporters or those that catorgerize themselves as such.

In the past face to face experiences with Overnite anti-union supporters it was alway the same story from most of them.

I'm sorry if you thought I meant most employees at UPSF.

Again please except my apoligies for the bad wording, I try to be diplomatic most of the time and not step on anyone's toes (except skeeter's). I gues you can lump me in with Jimmy Jr, and GWB in the bad speech dept.

T251.......................GO PATS...........24-17, Adam misses two Payton fumbles once on the 5 yard line with a run back in the final moments.

I'm sorry if I offened you but I think my wording my have not been as clear and you may have taken it in the wrong context.

When I said most I did mean most UPSF employees I meant most of the non supporters or those that catorgerize themselves as such.

In the past face to face experiences with Overnite anti-union supporters it was alway the same story from most of them.

Again please except my apoligies for the bad wording, I try to be diplomatic most of the time and not step on anyone's toes (except skeeter's). I gues you can lump me in with Jimmy Jr, and GWB in the bad speech dept.

T251.......................GO PATS...........24-17, Adam misses two Payton fumbles once on the 5 yard line with a run back in the final moments.

You can step on my toes anytime.:funky:

Sounds like a teamster... :hysterical:
You know something skeeter, you can bash and say anything you want about the Teamsters. But you strike me as the type of guy who will be up the stewards a$$ with your first issue looking for help. Not to mention taking full advantage of all the union perks. Just remember one thing, don't bite the hand that feeds. It could come back to haunt you. And you could find yourself under the TM's desk looking for help!!! :hysterical:

OK, group hug everyone.:hysterical:

You know something skeeter, you can bash and say anything you want about the Teamsters. But you strike me as the type of guy who will be up the stewards a$$ with your first issue looking for help. Not to mention taking full advantage of all the union perks. Just remember one thing, don't bite the hand that feeds. It could come back to haunt you. And you could find yourself under the TM's desk looking for help!!! :hysterical:
You read my mind:hysterical:

:hysterical:

ouch!!! but true

Boy you can dish it out but sure can't take it. Lighten up I was just making fun.

You are right about the perks I always take full advantage of any perks.

I never bite the hand that feeds me and for your information it's not the union that feeds me.

As far as anything coming back to haunt me it sure won't be UPSF or the union.

You seem to me one that doesn't do much thinking so don't try to second guess me.:tongue0015: