TForce | Happiness At UPSF

Come up to the North East for a little while. This is where your seniority means nothing. Imagine being #1 man and being taken off your run and given a lower paid run while junior drivers do your run. It was a matter of convenience. Imagine being told to stay home because there is no freight because city drivers did your job during the day. Imagine sitting at a terminal every other night for 2-4 hours with out pay because your scheduled freight went down the road already with an extra board. Ect. Ect. Welcome to the North.

And that is just the tip of the iceburg.:1036316054:

..BusterNite I read the contract last night for myself,still not at all crazy with it but will probably go with the masses..as far as the warm and fuzzy part,sounds like sour grapes...may I ask which terminal is so bad...I haven`t had your experence...actually I can say I have had a very positive experence with the terminals I`ve had the pleasure to visit...and thats most of them east of the Miss....and and good few to the west..but you never know a mans troubles till you walk in his shoes...guess I just live a blessed life....

The contract, Its so, so. But hopefully with our proposals for the suppliments will be negotiated. If so, then it will be a real good contract. Did you notice the wage increase was DOUBLE compared to the NMFA that was just accepted. Thats a huge raise for us compared to what has been given or negotiated in the past. One thing I know for sure. We will be union company wide. Thats A UPS plan.

U guys (overnite and motor cargo) very fortunate that u guys got saved by GIANT UPS because both of the companys were lousy. U know here in California the two companys were just like regular JOES, since the got bout out or merged (so called) they act like their #%*@ dont stink, how do u feel bout that?

Im sorry, I can't talk to you!!! You dont drive a brown truck.:hysterical:

U guys (overnite and motor cargo) very fortunate that u guys got saved by GIANT UPS because both of the companys were lousy. U know here in California the two companys were just like regular JOES, since the got bout out or merged (so called) they act like their #%*@ dont stink, how do u feel bout that?

I agree! Without UPS, Overnite would has been run to the ground and the next carrier to bite the dust. UPS bought them because Union Pacific made them very appealing and a great bargain basement launch pad to start LTL operations.

I don't speak for everyone but:
As far as us acting like our "#%*@ dont stink". I can see that a tad bit. Some of our drivers act like primadonas because of the brown shield we wear. They really should feel greatful for what happened. Rather than coming to work only to find out operations have been ceased and they no longer have jobs. This UPS buyout is a blessing in disguise.
Some of our newer non-Overnite drivers are a bit more humble and thankful.
They come from a bit more micro-managed companies and the changes UPS is implementing means absolutely nothing to them. They have all been there done that!

In this particular circumstance. (Overnite mentality and UPS mentality) The UPS rules along with Union representation is the way to become efficient and soar to the top. The O mentality has yet to learn this as they all seem sour. O is done and thats that. Time to button up the bootstraps and move on.

Also my "#%*@ stinks. (Equipment wise) I hate the old equipment, my customers hate the old equipment and patch repair jobs, we look like slum trucking company when we pull those pieces of crap. Sooner of later my trailer sides are going to fall off on the highway. I already watched my old rusted Overnite signage fly off the side of the trailer. Luckily no one was near me when this happened. Some DOT Minuteman is going to have a nice souvenir for their garage.

Ifeel like you probabley tried to go to work here and they rejected you .Why else would you be working for Con -way western.:nutkick:

Honestly the day I put that UPS uniform on I was doing p&d and the first office I went in, instead of trying to find someone to sign the freight bill, 2 people came to me as soon as I walked in the door and took the box and signed the bill.

I don't think I am any better than anyone else, but now were under that brown shield w know we will be the premiere LTL carrier.

Honestly the day I put that UPS uniform on I was doing p&d and the first office I went in, instead of trying to find someone to sign the freight bill, 2 people came to me as soon as I walked in the door and took the box and signed the bill.

I don't think I am any better than anyone else, but now were under that brown shield w know we will be the premiere LTL carrier.

I must agree with that comment hole heartedly.:1036316054:

I had a linehaul driver inform me today that UPS will sell off the old Overnite,and Motor cargo junk.
But anything with the UPS Freight colors will be scrapped just like the parcel equipment.
Nobody buys any old equipment from UPS.
UPS parts out the junk when its played out,when they can't get any more parts off of it they can use,they scrap whats left.
They've been doing this for many years with the parcel stuff.
now they will also continue this practise with their Freight divisions equipment that has their brand on it.

Overnite said:

I definitely agree with this!
The shield really has some pull in the LTL sector. The brand recognition along with a one stop shipping atmosphere will truly catapult us to new LTL levels.

I'm sure the old American Freightways guys/gals went through the same thing when FedEx bought them. (Brand recognition)

This is a true example:
  • I back into a dock to make a pick-up. I notice ABF,USF Holland,Con-Way in doors. I am the latest one to arrive.
  • I walk in and they are all waiting. They say they've been there for about 15 minutes.
  • We start talking and laughing for about 5 more minutes when the shipping dude suddenly shows up.
  • First thing out of his mouth is UPS Freight I got 13 skids for you! :punk:
  • He looked right past the others. :shock:
  • I actually had to tell the shipping dude that these guys were ahead of me.
  • He apologized and said the others had 1 skid.:biglaugh:
  • He was about to give me the 13 skids and have the one skid wonders sit there!

No wonder the other companies think we think our crap don't stink. I was just the innocent truck driver trying to make my pick-up.:1036316054:

I had a linehaul driver inform me today that UPS will sell off the old Overnite,and Motor cargo junk.
But anything with the UPS Freight colors will be scrapped just like the parcel equipment.
Nobody buys any old equipment from UPS.
UPS parts out the junk when its played out,when they can't get any more parts off of it they can use,they scrap whats left.
They've been doing this for many years with the parcel stuff.
now they will also continue this practise with their Freight divisions equipment that has their brand on it.

If they act on this right away, my barn will only have 4 trailers left!:hide:

They sold a bunch of trailers and tractors last week down here.

They didn't part ths one out.

ups_trashed_truck.jpg

Unfortunately he does have a point. Some UPSF/UPGF drivers think their crap that don't stink.
Not me! I swear my crap stinks...wanna smell it?:hide:

Not much of us talk on the cb radio anymore up here in New England. I have noticed alot of young new drivers out there now and alot of foolishness on the radio. Most of us turn the cb off and turn the xm/sirus up and rely on the cell phone. Maybe this is why people think we are stuck up. We are never on the cb anymore like we used to be when it was "O" :smilie_132: