ABF | Harrisburg June 20, 2017, 1 P.M.: Right-To-Work Is Wrong Rally

You are saying that giving freeloaders a free ride so they can exploit the union is the answer? Just look at our government for gods sake and see how many freeloaders are taking advantage of that free ride. It will weaken and eventually destroy the future of all unions.
I did not say that! So quit putting words in my mouth! So you're saying that the union can do no wrong? Is that correct? They need to be held accountable! And just giving them money With no recourse is not the answer.

Last edited:
Whats up with the schoolgirls remark? Did I miss something or did you just go from saying everything sucks to calling members schoolgirls? What is your problem?
You didn't miss anything, docker, you just think that you're smarter than the rest.

It's kind of darkly humorous. The way some of these unions have gone, they won't be organizing strikes against companies, they'll be doing damage control against strikes on THEM.

For that reason alone, honorably utilized right to work could have an upside. My fear, of course, is that people are selfish scumbags. Any PROPER union that loses funding...well that's just a shame.

Do their job or don't get paid is the answer. What do you got? What do you think should be done? We tried voting Hoffa out and apparently it didn't work.

The members are the ones responsible for keeping the leadership in check and you being a member for over 15 years now and not realizing this yet is one of the main reasons our union is in the shape its in today. You are so quick to put all the blame on the leadership but relieve yourself of any and all responsibility. Besides crying on this forum, have you once spoke out and voiced your displeasure at the monthly local meetings? I'm not talking about just whispering it to your buddy seated next to you either. Have you ever called the IBT personally and voiced this displeasure? Have you ever tried to rally your fellow members to take action? You say that our leadership is corrupt which I agree but the members have to share their part in that blame because they have become weak over the years. Whos fault is that? The leaders? The union can only be as strong as the members in it and as weak as they allow it to become. What is airing all our problems and condemning our union on a public forum accomplishing anyway except for the amusement of the companies and those who are anti union? That may be part of your answer but it sure isn't mine. Just look at the ones giving you likes and you will just see what you are accomplishing here because I can guarantee that you don't speak at the local meetings like you are doing here and neither does ABFer but you guys sure have alot to say here. What does that say about you both?

I've watched guys try and rally the troops at meetings. They usually get removed, then banned. Been to a meeting lately? They hardly make quorum, just the way the local wants it.

You didn't miss anything, docker, you just think that you're smarter than the rest.

Docker likes doing that.

Are you accusing me of being Docker? If you are, you are one who thinks he is smarter than he really is too because you couldn't be more wrong. I do know Docker and know how irritating he can be sometimes when he thinks hes right because I have worked with him for years before he transferred and I retired but as far as being him, not a chance. So I can also see why you are so intimidated by him. The funny thing is that when he told me about you and your antics on this forum, he said that you would end up accusing me of being him if I came and confronted you on this topic that is so dear to my heart. So who was right after all and who was the one thats predictable?

I've watched guys try and rally the troops at meetings. They usually get removed, then banned. Been to a meeting lately? They hardly make quorum, just the way the local wants it.

Like I said, weak union members like the ones on this forum who just want to cry and complain and agrue with other members on here instead of uniting to stand up to what the locals want. They want to reap all the benefits without taking any risks. It doesnt work like that and never did.

Biggest problem right now is they have ups. They couldn't care less about anything besides. But hey, the bus drivers are stupid enough to sign up!

I agree but what do you see the weak union members on here doing about it except crying and complaining? All theyre doing is looking for a way to get out of paying dues.

Do their job or don't get paid is the answer. What do you got? What do you think should be done? We tried voting Hoffa out and apparently it didn't work.

Those are your words and you are the one that put them there. The current leadership has been and still is wrong but the members also have to hold themselves accountable as well for not holding their leaders accountable. Many of our members have become weak and lazy over the years and would rather give in than fight which past contracts have shown. Many members want the leaders to take care of them these days so they don't have to fight but fail to realize that opens up the opportunity for them to also control you. One thing I do know, the future of unions are doomed if you give the freeloaders the opportunity of not paying dues. All that does is give a quitter a reason to quit. Docker didn't tell me how time consuming this is but then again thats Docker for you.

Like I said, weak union members like the ones on this forum who just want to cry and complain and agrue with other members on here instead of uniting to stand up to what the locals want. They want to reap all the benefits without taking any risks. It doesnt work like that and never did.

And when your voice at the workplace has any unruly members removed, and everyone else is too disgusted to bother wasting the hour, why pay. I agree that the members are a large part of the problem, but the union's themselves need a kick in the as's to represent their guys better.

At one of the teamster shops I worked at, they were afraid to enforce some of the favorable work rules, because the company would just come in and threaten to close the division down and leave the area to a competitor, or build a non union barn past our jurisdiction . And this is one of the better teamster shops I worked at.

So wtf are you supposed to do, just put up with a dysfunctional union? Wtf do you pay dues for if you can't even enforce the forced overtime work rules?

If dues don't get you anything, why pay? Withcoworkers stabbing everyone else in the back, and a union just happy with no probl,ems and dues, wtf is the point?

You didnt have as many crybaby members back in the day which by the way are the very coworkers that you speak of who are stabbing everyone else in the back like the ones you see complaining here. There is no such thing as a union where everyone is happy and doesn't have problems and never will be. It's what the members are willing to risk and actions they take is the point. The ones complaining the most right now are the very ones that voted for all the concessionary contracts as of late for the very reasons I just said. They weaken our union and then have the nerve to cry about it. Thats why many retired Teamsters such as myself get so upset when we see this new breed emerging.Those contracts would of never got passed back in the day and ask anyone with 20 years or better and they will tell you the same. A union is like a family when it comes upon hard times, you fight to make it right not desert them when the first sign of trouble comes your way. Thats exactly what these so called union members are doing here campaining now for the RTW and not paying dues.

The members are the ones responsible for keeping the leadership in check and you being a member for over 15 years now and not realizing this yet is one of the main reasons our union is in the shape its in today. You are so quick to put all the blame on the leadership but relieve yourself of any and all responsibility. Besides crying on this forum, have you once spoke out and voiced your displeasure at the monthly local meetings? I'm not talking about just whispering it to your buddy seated next to you either. Have you ever called the IBT personally and voiced this displeasure? Have you ever tried to rally your fellow members to take action? You say that our leadership is corrupt which I agree but the members have to share their part in that blame because they have become weak over the years. Whos fault is that? The leaders? The union can only be as strong as the members in it and as weak as they allow it to become. What is airing all our problems and condemning our union on a public forum accomplishing anyway except for the amusement of the companies and those who are anti union? That may be part of your answer but it sure isn't mine. Just look at the ones giving you likes and you will just see what you are accomplishing here because I can guarantee that you don't speak at the local meetings like you are doing here and neither does ABFer but you guys sure have alot to say here. What does that say about you both?
Blah blah blah! Grow up. I'm allowed to have an opinion. Again putting words in my mouth does nothing for you and makes you look bad yourself You can take your self-righteous attitude and stick it! I voted against this last contract and the supplement. So spare me the I'm better than you crybaby crap. You guys also had the majority of the Teamsters union behind you. Freight is in the minority if you haven't noticed. Who's fault is that? Mine? What companies have you unionized? Where are they now? Quit blaming others. I pay union dues. And I've been working in a right to work state for years. I don't even know anybody who doesn't pay them.

Last edited:
You didnt have as many crybaby members back in the day which by the way are the very coworkers that you speak of who are stabbing everyone else in the back like the ones you see complaining here. There is no such thing as a union where everyone is happy and doesn't have problems and never will be. It's what the members are willing to risk and actions they take is the point. The ones complaining the most right now are the very ones that voted for all the concessionary contracts as of late for the very reasons I just said. They weaken our union and then have the nerve to cry about it. Thats why many retired Teamsters such as myself get so upset when we see this new breed emerging.Those contracts would of never got passed back in the day and ask anyone with 20 years or better and they will tell you the same. A union is like a family when it comes upon hard times, you fight to make it right not desert them when the first sign of trouble comes your way. Thats exactly what these so called union members are doing here campaining now for the RTW and not paying dues.
Spare me the crybaby crap! That's exactly what you're doing right now! Crying!

Blah blah blah! Grow up. I'm allowed to have an opinion. Again putting words in my mouth does nothing for you and makes you look bad yourself You can take your self-righteous attitude and stick it!

You want me to grow up...you are the one throwing the temper tantrum. Who said that you werent allowed an opinion? You gave me yours and now I'm giving you mine.I thought we were just having a discussion, thats all. I'm willing to take that risk of making myself look bad when trying to make my point, how about you? If not, you should because youre so good at it.