ABF | Harrisburg June 20, 2017, 1 P.M.: Right-To-Work Is Wrong Rally

The one I work under now is ok, it's UAW. I've worked under decent white paper contracts elsewhere. Hell, some white paper contracts get enforced more than a national contract with apathetic membership.

Plenty of decent white paper contracts around, anymore companies are more than happy to decertify a union, so I'd say if you are in a rtw state, and you have a contract, you and your Co workers mus be satisfied, you keep voting yes every time you punch in, right?

Now I know that you are non union. How about passing a law that makes all companies unionize so we can get you started in paying mandatory dues? Would you also go for that?

Nope, I get to choose what I buy, free country. But if you were under concessions somewhere, and disgruntled, I hope you do what you need to satisfy your anger. Lots of jobs out there, why be miserable?

Who do you expect to believe that because you wouldnt be making such a big deal out of something that meant very little to you. Are you even in a union?

I'm not making a big deal about it, I just think the unions are grandstanding because they will have to work for their money instead of collecting dues on crappy contracts.

Who do you think wants RTW? It sure isnt the strong members, they fight for what they think is right and quitting isnt in their blood. Its the weak who be the ones not paying dues so just where does that leave the unions. If allowed, the weak will end up destroying the unions just as sure as they passed those crappy contracts. We have to work on changing the apathetic and compliant as well as fighting RTW.

New Penn failed to remain strong against the leadership and gave in to fear and ended up voting it in. Someone telling me to get it right or else would only make me angry and more determined than ever.

Would it make you angry enough to apply at another barn? Sticking it out and fighting with yrc and hoffa hasn't done a lot, maybe cut your losses, and save some money on the rolaids, huh?

Would it make you angry enough to apply at another barn? Sticking it out and fighting with yrc and hoffa hasn't done a lot, maybe cut your losses, and save some money on the rolaids, huh?

Would it make you angry enough to move to another state if that state passed a law that made it mandatory to join a union and start paying dues?

Nope, I get to choose what I buy, free country. But if you were under concessions somewhere, and disgruntled, I hope you do what you need to satisfy your anger. Lots of jobs out there, why be miserable?

If its a free country why cant unions have mandatory dues if you want to work for a union company?

Sounds to me that you are the one thats disgruntled, about unions anyway. Im retired,how about you? How long will you have to work before you can retire, if you ever can that is? Does that make you miserable?

The one I work under now is ok, it's UAW. I've worked under decent white paper contracts elsewhere. Hell, some white paper contracts get enforced more than a national contract with apathetic membership.

Plenty of decent white paper contracts around, anymore companies are more than happy to decertify a union, so I'd say if you are in a rtw state, and you have a contract, you and your Co workers mus be satisfied, you keep voting yes every time you punch in, right?

If theres plenty then you should have no problem naming a dozen or so, right?

This was the question, How about passing a law that makes all companies unionize so we can get you started in paying mandatory dues? Would you also go for that?

So what, would you move to another country or just quit and not work at all? Or maybe go on welfare so the taxpayers would have to support you? After all, I know how you wouldnt want to be forced to join a union in that free country of yours.

How about passing a law where the company doesnt have to pay you if they feel that you didnt give them a fair days work?

Are you catching on yet?

How about going to work for a company that makes rolaids? Im sure they would give a good discount.

I really did try being reasonable Sac75 but some just make that an impossibility. Isnt that right buffalobill?

That's already in effect, you can go find a place that isn't on concessions! What don't you get about rtw, if a union does their job, what's the worries? Maybe yrc would have been handled better if the members said no to dues after the last round of concessions?

What has the union done to make you so angry? How about letting some of that pent up anger out by going to that Harrisburg rally and protest the protesters. I think that might make you feel alot better. While you are at it, have a list ready to show everyone who you think shouldnt be paying dues right now and why? I also suggest that you dont go alone because safety is job one. At least with a union member it is.

I'm not making a big deal about it, I just think the unions are grandstanding because they will have to work for their money instead of collecting dues on crappy contracts.

I was just informed to make it known before you start crying about this turning into union vs non union, take a good look at the name of this thread and which forum it is on.

Can't answer the question? If you were at yrc, in 2017, and the abf or cases barn is hiring down the street, you wouldnt go apply?

What do you mean that you cant answer the question. Its an easy question. Here,try again. Would it make you angry enough to move to another state if that state passed a law that made it mandatory to join a union and start paying dues?

You say you already working in a union shop, what local and with what company because I dont believe that you are union.

If its a free country why cant unions have mandatory dues if you want to work for a union company?

Sounds to me that you are the one thats disgruntled, about unions anyway. Im retired,how about you? How long will you have to work before you can retire, if you ever can that is? Does that make you miserable?

?? It can't be free choice if it'd mandatory, and my retirement is dependent upon these sweet union 401k plans, so we will see.

What do you mean that you cant answer the question. Its an easy question. Here,try again. Would it make you angry enough to move to another state if that state passed a law that made it mandatory to join a union and start paying dues?

You say you already working in a union shop, what local and with what company because I dont believe that you are union.

No , you keep ducking MY question, I've asked you twice, I guess you don't like the answers you cone up with so you won't post them?

If you were at yrc right now, and had a chance to get on with a better company, would you?

Can you answe, or are you going to sidestep the question again?

?? It can't be free choice if it'd mandatory, and my retirement is dependent upon these sweet union 401k plans, so we will see.

What, the companies cant have a free choice if they want to pay you or not if they feel you didnt do you job like they expected you to do. Why is that mandatory? After all, you dont think that the unions should get paid if you feel they didnt do the job like you expected them to.