TForce | Has anyone been using the Diad for awhile?

Man oh Man BusterNite you really know how to rub us city drivers faces in the mud over the fact that we've not only have to finger print most of our freight.
Walk around making inside deliveries,and many other bull work jobs.
But know we've got to be little brown box punchers.
And all of you road drivers just do a few hooks,and drops,as well as aim your wagons down the same path.
No touching freight,no inside deliveries,no house deliveries,and nothing other than shifting,steering,and mashing the pedals.
Oh yeah thats right cruise control makes it almost to easy.

The only thing I see that we have better is being home every night,with our weekends off.
Now thats one carrot I do enjoy.

krash says we will get used to punching these boxes,and everything will be good again.

(Think) BusterNite?
Everything is routed for you to run the same lanes.
Any dispatcher thats worth his paycheck either has your set hooked for you,or gives you the trailer numbers according to the weights in the lead,and tail.

The only thinking you may do is if you want to stop ay Mickey Dee's,or Booger King to chow down,along the way.

You beat me too it! I was going say we must think where to stop for coffee!

Man oh Man BusterNite you really know how to rub us city drivers faces in the mud over the fact that we've not only have to finger print most of our freight.
And all of you road drivers just do a few hooks,and drops,as well as aim your wagons down the same path.
No touching freight,no inside deliveries,no house deliveries,and nothing other than shifting,steering,and mashing the pedals.

The only thing I see that we have better is being home every night,with our weekends off.

krash says we will get used to punching these boxes,and everything will be good again.

You city drivers Rock! You are the majority and will bring us into a new world of LTL. The new genoration will thank you!:smilie_132:

I'm one of the trainers here in the south .after a week or so it will be second nature.all down here also have the gps working on them now.Just a little something for everyone to look forward to.I like it my self If you do what you are paid for you have no worries,It's just a tool to help do your job a little better............:smilie_132: :smilie_132:

APO The road drivers give us a hard time about having these diad. But they are next to get diads so just keephanging in there also the docks will be getting computers on them so we will know who loads the freight on the trailers accountability is what it is about...................:funky: :funky:

I'm one of the trainers here in the south .after a week or so it will be second nature.all down here also have the gps working on them now.Just a little something for everyone to look forward to.I like it my self If you do what you are paid for you have no worries,It's just a tool to help do your job a little better............:smilie_132: :smilie_132:

GPS? So when I get lost, I can find my self. I have GPS on my cell phone and I have had the phone for two years now. Soon I hope to figure out how to turn on the GPS,:smilie_132:

APO, THE DIAD IS AWESOME, IN MY EXPERIENCE THE DAMN THING NEVER HAS TO LEAVE THE TRUCK FOR ANYTHING , EVEN OS&D, EVEN WHEN IT COMES TOO SCANNING BILL'S, DELIVERIES, ETC. ETC. 6 MTHS. OF EXPERIENCE AND THE DAMN THINGS TAKE A LICKING AND KEEP ON TICKING, THEY ARE ALSO SHOCK PROOF UP TO 15 FT, IN HORIZONTAL FLIGHT.

APO The road drivers give us a hard time about having these diad. But they are next to get diads so just keephanging in there also the docks will be getting computers on them so we will know who loads the freight on the trailers accountability is what it is about...................:funky: :funky:
I can't see why they would issue DIAD's to road drivers. Are you sure they weren't referring to installing an IVIS in all the road tractor's?

I can't see why they would issue DIAD's to road drivers. Are you sure they weren't referring to installing an IVIS in all the road tractor's?

Krash,
I would think that would be the case. But with the poor shape that the tractors are in, I don't know as if they could handle anything being installed into the tractors, Then they have the problem finding someone qaulified to install them. :hysterical:

Accelerator,you've been using this little brown plastic wise guy for 6 months?
Than why did you wait till post #27 to say so?
My word here I've looking for help,and reasurance,and only now do you speak up.
Well thats ok,I forgive you my friend.
allstar05's posts gives me peace of mind,you may not be able to trust too many in our company,but I know I can trust him.
Yes,and all of my co-workers that post on the truckingboards.
As sarcastic as we all can be on here I know we can trust each other to not get run down the wrong road when it comes to info.

YO BusterNite maybe the GPS will have a siren on it.
When you take to long at the donut shop,it will go off so you you will get back on the road ASAP?

So in just a very short time all we UPS Freighter's will be one big happy Diad family.
Gee wiz its giving me those really warm fuzzies just thinking about it.
Ya gotta love working for UPS.
How can it get any better than being apart of this big machine.
The rest of the trucking community better get with our program,or get out of the way.

Then they have the problem finding someone qaulified to install them. :hysterical:

I have a friend of a friend who has a cousin who's sister used to date this guy that knows someone who used to talk to a lady that..........

I can hear it now how they landed some brain child to come up to our terminal to install electronic crap in the trucks. Same "O" same "O"!!

You may laugh, but the truth is after we got our DIADS, the truck mounted holders that they were suppose to mount, will not fit anywhere properly in the equipment.

Say hugnlug my old Volvo has an air conditioning box on the right of my drivers seat.
Theres enough room on top of that box.
Other than there I don't know anyother place that it could go?

When a cop car comes to a red light next to me I can see their lap tops mounted to their instrument panels.
It really looks crouded inside his car.

But if the regular parcel tractor trailer drivers have had them all this time,than UPS must know how they are going to mount them in our cabs.

Say hugnlug my old Volvo has an air conditioning box on the right of my drivers seat.
Theres enough room on top of that box.
Other than there I don't know anyother place that it could go?

When a cop car comes to a red light next to me I can see their lap tops mounted to their instrument panels.
It really looks crouded inside his car.

But if the regular parcel tractor trailer drivers have had them all this time,than UPS must know how they are going to mount them in our cabs.
We don't have "DIAD's" in our big trucks. We have an IVIS that is mounted right behind the stick in between the seats. Look inside one and you'll see it isnt in the way.

Accelerator,you've been using this little brown plastic wise guy for 6 months?
Than why did you wait till post #27 to say so?
My word here I've looking for help,and reasurance,and only now do you speak up.
Well thats ok,I forgive you my friend.
allstar05's posts gives me peace of mind,you may not be able to trust too many in our company,but I know I can trust him.
Yes,and all of my co-workers that post on the truckingboards.
As sarcastic as we all can be on here I know we can trust each other to not get run down the wrong road when it comes to info.

10-4 APO. we did post this under diad training last sept. We have been using these and they are nice, no more trip cards and when they are all implemented in the system we will no longer have the two way's, INSTANT MESSAGING BABY.... on the diad,

And they never have to leave the truck for anything, nothing at all even OS&D.

We don't have "DIAD's" in our big trucks. We have an IVIS that is mounted right behind the stick in between the seats. Look inside one and you'll see it isnt in the way.

What's an IVIS? Is it a tattle tale device?