TForce | Here's what the teamsters have done for me !

stldude44 said:
Apo,
If the Teamsters are so terrible and a bunch of selfish jerks with bad attitudes why did God ever allow the creation of Unions in the first place? And if the Teamsters are that bad, why were you a member for 20 years? Or is it that your opinion changed after you left the Union and now we're all bad? That's not very likely. I've got a good attitude most of the time (we all have a few bad days now and then) and I'm a 24 year Teamster. Nothing is perfect, and neither is the Teamsters, and putting your faith in God is a good idea, but putting your faith in UPS or UPSF is not a good idea.....not a good idea at all.
And why did God allow him to be a teamster at one time? Oh I know, He did not find God untill a later date.

Your right BusterNite,I became an Apostolic Pentecostal.

in 1981.
Before that I was a whipped puppy.
I grew up with a very abusive father.

I was very needed for love,and couldn't find it anywhere.

People I tryed to trust and get close to always took advantage of my need of their friendship.

Always running away from anything or anybody that troubled me.
While developing a very withdrawn,and angry attitude.

By my 17th birthday I was a real basket case.

that was the worse year of my life.
I made an attempt to kill my dad,only to beat him up insted after the murder attempt failed.

I quit school with only a 7th grade education.

My buddies I hung with got me thrown in jail for a short time,because of the friendship I needed .
I'd do anything they wanted me to do,
They always had a good time leading me into jams.

My local county sheriff took pitiy on me telling me to either join the army,or I'd have to spend a lot of jail time.

I went into the army as the lesser of the two alturnatives.
I was only in a few weeks of boot camp,getting into a big fight with another trainee,than courtmarshelled,with a general discharge,inability to take,and follow orders.

I was a real mess when I got out.

I found my way as a truckdriver in my local town.

First with a candy,and tobacco wholesale warehouse.
I didn't get paid much,$1.45,an hour but I gained much knowledge of local routes,handling freight,loading,and delivering.
I asked for a raise after one year ,and was given $.05 more I quit.
Than on to a local plumbing,and heating supply house,finaly landing a good local job with my first LTL company.

After 60 days their union steward approched me to either join the union,or get out.

I went to my TM,he said his hands were tied the company was Teamsters,and as much as he liked my work he would have to let me go if I didn't join.

I was just 21,going on 22 that was 1966,$3.30 an hour was very good pay for trucking.

So I put up with the exstortion of buying my right to keep working there.

After a lot more hard knocks,including 2 ******* attempts.

I finaly was shown Bible salvation in Jesus name ,July of 1981,and have been growing in the Lord, living by Bible principles ever since that great day I followed Acts 2:38.

You know I actually feel blessed that you Teamsters are trying to discredit me,and my love,and faith in God because of my stand against the union.

Jesus was also misunderstood for his life of trying to show that everyone could have equality without being opressed by anyone.

Apostolic said:
are thinking of themselves.
Its all about what they can get from being in the union.
They don't even seem to care about their own companies,the way they take advantage of stretching out their overtime,whenever I see them at the same customers we'er picking up at in the late afternoon hours.

Teamsters in general just seem very selfish to me,in the way they conduct themselves at the same places I deliver,and pickup at.

I put my faith,and trust in God.
Mankind has a way of letting you down when you try to trust them.

I do believe that there are Apostolics that are in the Teamsters union because of the union companies they may be hired on with.
But I also know they'd be doing everything unto God the same as me.
Everything in life comes down to attitude.
Putting God first,thanking him,and praising him,for allowing us to live a good life.
Or Putting yourself first,and regretting everything you can't afford to have.

I'm sorry to say that most of my deallings with the Teamsters union over the many years I've been in trucking have been very bad because of officials,and members negative attitudes.

Apo,
You say that the LORD directs your path, however, your post sounds more like the words of a *****.

*****-
One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[French, from Old French.]
Word History: Bigots may have more in common with God than one might think. Legend has it that Rollo, the first duke of Normandy, refused to kiss the foot of the French king Charles III, uttering the phrase bi got, his borrowing of the assumed Old English equivalent of our expression by God. Although this story is almost surely apocryphal, it is true that ***** was used by the French as a term of abuse for the Normans, but not in a religious sense. Later, however, the word, or very possibly a homonym, was used abusively in French for the Beguines, members of a Roman Catholic lay sisterhood. From the 15th century on Old French ***** meant “an excessively devoted or hypocritical person.” ***** is first recorded in English in 1598 with the sense “a superstitious hypocrite.”

[Download Now or Buy the Book]
Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

n : a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from his own

Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University

You know I actually feel blessed that you Teamsters are trying to discredit me,and my love,and faith in God because of my stand against the union.

I don't see anyone trying to discredit you, only enlighten and broaden your view of unionized labor. Unionizing is pooling resources and showing strength in numbers for the good of all members.

Apostolic said:
in 1981.

People I tryed to trust and get close to always took advantage of my need of their friendship.

I made an attempt to kill my dad,only to beat him up insted after the murder attempt failed.

My buddies I hung with got me thrown in jail for a short time,because of the friendship I needed .

My local county sheriff took pitiy on me telling me to either join the army,or I'd have to spend a lot of jail time.

I was only in a few weeks of boot camp,getting into a big fight with another trainee,than courtmarshelled,with a general discharge,inability to take,and follow orders.

I didn't get paid much,$1.45,an hour but I gained much knowledge of local routes,handling freight,loading,and delivering.
Than on to a local plumbing,and heating supply house,finaly landing a good local job with my first LTL company.

After 60 days their union steward approched me to either join the union,or get out.

I went to my TM,he said his hands were tied the company was Teamsters,and as much as he liked my work he would have to let me go if I didn't join.

I was just 21,going on 22 that was 1966,$3.30 an hour was very good pay for trucking.

I finaly was shown Bible salvation in Jesus name ,July of 1981,and have been growing in the Lord, living by Bible principles ever since that great day I followed Acts 2:38.

Jesus was also misunderstood for his life of trying to show that everyone could have equality without being opressed by anyone.
Praise Jesus, Now what does it have to do with what Leo is tryin to put over on us. He says I got a raise but I make less money !!!

Apo,
I'm sorry that you had such a bad early life. I did too, but it's not going to be revealed here. I can also say that looking back it was about 99% my own fault. I might've tried to blame something or someone else at that time, but I knew right from wrong and made some bad choices because I didn't care about anything then.
I will never try to discredit you for your faith as I think it's an individual choice to worship or not worship. I'm glad it's been of help to you. If you really believe that God wants you to be against the Teamsters, so be it. What I don't understand is why God seems to have led others to the Teamsters. I guess overall I'm surprised that with all the troubles of the world we live in that God would even have time to worry about such a trivial matter. Not that it is trivial in itself, but you have to admit that it's pretty trivial when you try to stack it up against wars, famine, ****, murder and a host of other ills that plague our world.

If you hate the Teamsters and choose to remain bitter about what you say happened 23 years ago, that's your right.

Also, it wasn't extortion, it was State Law that required you to join the Teamsters way back when.

Apostolic said:
except you'll be a Teamser.
You think just by joining the union your automaticly going to receive all the benefits of the National Master Freight agreement?

Guess again,even though our company name has changed,we will be a new union company,and everything has to be negociated,ratified,voted on,than signed into a binding contract by UPS our parent company.

Everyone on this truckingboard that works for UPS Freight is being fooled into thinking all your dreams will come true if you join the Teamsters Union.

Well take it from me,its not that simple.
Better think long,and hard about signing any cards.

In my opinion the Teamster recruters posting on these boards just want more numbers in their organization.
They really could care less what happens to us once we come on board with the International Brotherhood of The Teamsters.

You all know I've been around LTL trucking for long enough to be able to see what the whole story is.

I'd hate for us to be hauled into the Teamsters just because a few of our co-workers are feeling cheated in some way by UPS.
See, a few is not a concern to the rest, if you call 300 drivers a few than so be it. Its a tiny part of the company as far as the rest of you are concerned- sounds like the way management is seeing us. Fine us at the M/C side are the only ones worried about the cuts, than we will be the only ones under NMFA. As far as a certian person saying their going to have a higher cpm than NMFA It wouldn't be much to really make a diffrence, remember us that are represented will get all our delay pay and at full rate. You will at least be .07 cpm higher to beat that, I dont see that happening.

Apostolic said:
in 1981.

The union has changed in many ways since you were last in many decades ago. Why take such a stand against the teamsters. This may work for you but not for all. Don't misunderstand the teamsters for trying to show that everyone can have equality with out being opressed by anyone. Remember we are not all treated fairly at all terminals through out the country. As for your heartbreaking years growing up. I do applaud you for turning your life around.

steve5 why don't you understand..

that the items that you'er feeling cheated out of at UPS Freight will automaticly be in place,if your terminal votes the Teamsters as your representives?

Every item,as far as wages,benefits,work rules,senority,starting times,as well as anything else in question,has to be negotiated by the company,and Teamsters,than voted on,ratified,than signed into a contract by all parties involved.
Also during this barganing,you may have to give something back,to gain something that you may like better.

Not always,but it has happened in union barganing talks.

Also if theres a sticking point with any item,and talking breaks done in disagreement.
It could be a long drawn out process.

Just signing a card to bring a vote for union representation isn't going to be a cure all for all of your wants,and or needs in your working enviroment.

Signing the cards are only the first step.

You may be in for a long wait,to get everything you want put in place.
And thats only if our parent company UPS agrees on everything than,and only than will they sign it into a contract.

To be carried out forever more.

Will this make you a happy trucker?

Jesus was also misunderstood for his life of trying to show that everyone could have equality without being opressed by anyone.[/QUOTE said:
The Teamsters are also often misunderstood for trying to show that everyone could have equality without being opressed by anyone especially the antilabor management of many large companies.

Apostolic said:
that the items that you'er feeling cheated out of at UPS Freight will automaticly be in place,if your terminal votes the Teamsters as your representives?

Every item,as far as wages,benefits,work rules,senority,starting times,as well as anything else in question,has to be negotiated by the company,and Teamsters,than voted on,ratified,than signed into a contract by all parties involved.
Also during this barganing,you may have to give something back,to gain something that you may like better.

Also if theres a sticking point with any item,and talking breaks done in disagreement.

Just signing a card to bring a vote for union representation isn't going to be a cure all for all of your wants,and or needs in your working enviroment.

And thats only if our parent company UPS agrees on everything than,and only than will they sign it into a contract.

A, I've read the NMFA and talked to drivers under it and what is in the contract is more than I expected. Your not talking to someone that just wants to say "I'm a teamster", I really just want one thing immediately and thats what has been taken. I'm not new to this game either, I've been in and out of freight for quite a few years, I've seen both sides Union and nonUnion, the Union was a not so great contract that I never laid eyes on which was a mistake. I should have read what I was getting into, now I have. I have done my research and asked around and it will benefit us(well maybe not you). Remember, I just want them to give it all back, I did not come here to loose money. Think about it, if they never took any thing none of us (M/C...well, maybe there would have been a few) but the majority would have been happy. There would have been no need to spend the money on that DVD for us out here in the west.

Apostolic said:

Apostolic,

the very nature of a contract is to have everything of concern negotiated on and then signed by all involved. To think that you should get anything less than what is already in place under the NMFA is ubsurd. Hopefully it will be with the parent company UPS and not with Leo, especially since Leo has a track record of negotiating a substandard contract with the Teamsters already.

Apostolic, what do you want us to do? Sit here and let them take more possibly. I won't, you can let them beat you down like a dog.

BusterNite & stldude44 thanks for your compassion..

towards me.

Yes your both right that my bad experences with the Teamsters were many years ago.

I've posted before that I hold nothing against anyone that did me wrong.
I've learned to pray for them that God will have mercy on them,at the great judgement day.
(Hebrews 9:27)

When I was a Teamster as I've also posted on these boards before.
I guess insted of becoming harden by the way my life has gone in my early years.
I've become over sensitive.

This is a flaw that my pastor says is better than not being sensitive.

I did used to harbor much hatered toward anything,or anybody that troubled me.

But I've learned to forgive,and turn everything over to God to deal with.
As I go on living with complete peace,rest,and joy.

As long as I've known the Teamsters as an organization,as a whole,with their presidents,and other authority figures.
They've only been a very corrupt group.

Before the government took over as watch dogs for the pension.
The upper management was always stealling money from their members.

Many past presidents were indited for stealling,money lawndering,and cheating on their taxes.

Also the deallings I had with them on a local level was very disappointing as part of their salaries were being paid by my dues.

So as for me on an individual baces, I've got no reason to trust in them now.

I've learned also as an Apostolic Penecostal Born Again Christian that its better to trust in God than to put confidence in man.

I'm a member of one of the fastest growing churches in North America,also around the world.
www.UPCI.org

(Psalms 118:8) F.Y.I.if your interested.
This is not only very good advice.
This is the dead center verse of the king james version of the Holy Bible.

All this to say you all now know where I'm coming from.

BusterNite & stldude44 thanks for your compassion..

towards me.

Yes your both right that my bad experences with the Teamsters were many years ago.

I've posted before that I hold nothing against anyone that did me wrong.
I've learned to pray for them that God will have mercy on them,at the great judgement day.
(Hebrews 9:27)

When I was a Teamster as I've also posted on these boards before.
I guess insted of becoming harden by the way my life has gone in my early years.
I've become over sensitive.

This is a flaw that my pastor says is better than not being sensitive.

I did used to harbor much hatered toward anything,or anybody that troubled me.

But I've learned to forgive,and turn everything over to God to deal with.
As I go on living with complete peace,rest,and joy.

As long as I've known the Teamsters as an organization,as a whole,with their presidents,and other authority figures.
They've only been a very corrupt group.

Before the government took over as watch dogs for the pension.
The upper management was always stealling money from their members.

Many past presidents were indited for stealling,money lawndering,and cheating on their taxes.

Also the deallings I had with them on a local level was very disappointing as part of their salaries were being paid by my dues.

So as for me on an individual baces, I've got no reason to trust in them now.

I've learned also as an Apostolic Penecostal Born Again Christian that its better to trust in God than to put confidence in man.

I'm a member of one of the fastest growing churches in North America,also around the world.
www.UPCI.org

(Psalms 118:8) F.Y.I.if your interested.
This is not only very good advice.
This is the dead center verse of the king james version of the Holy Bible.

All this to say you all now know where I'm coming from.

The history of the Teamsters can be googled at..

Wikipedia the free Encyclopedia.
Click Teamsters.

Whttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teamsters

This may get you there?
For thoses that are interested all their miss deeds are listed from the beginning,their early years,to the present.
Like I say,this really not an organization I'd like to be a member of again.

Apo,
All of us that are Teamsters, and most others, know all about how it was years and years ago. As bad as it might have been, don't you think that the Union overall has done alot more good than harm? It helped build the middle class and has helped alot of workers who aren't even in the Union by way of protesting and lobbying Congress to stop laws that would negatively affect all workers. And they did this with the money of the selfish, lazy workers you've described us all as. Do you think it was Overnite who has kept Mexican trucks out of the USA so far? Or fought for a higher minimum wage? You say that you became a different man in 1981, but in certain ways you don't seem to want to move forward. This is no longer a corruption filled Union like it was 20 and 30 years ago, and even then it wasn't that way everywhere.