TForce | Here's what the teamsters have done for me !

Apostolic said:
towards me.

Yes your both right that my bad experences with the Teamsters were many years ago.

I've posted before that I hold nothing against anyone that did me wrong.
I've learned to pray for them that God will have mercy on them,at the great judgement day.
(Hebrews 9:27)

When I was a Teamster as I've also posted on these boards before.
I guess insted of becoming harden by the way my life has gone in my early years.
I've become over sensitive.

This is a flaw that my pastor says is better than not being sensitive.

I did used to harbor much hatered toward anything,or anybody that troubled me.

But I've learned to forgive,and turn everything over to God to deal with.
As I go on living with complete peace,rest,and joy.

As long as I've known the Teamsters as an organization,as a whole,with their presidents,and other authority figures.
They've only been a very corrupt group.

Before the government took over as watch dogs for the pension.
The upper management was always stealling money from their members.

Many past presidents were indited for stealling,money lawndering,and cheating on their taxes.

Also the deallings I had with them on a local level was very disappointing as part of their salaries were being paid by my dues.

So as for me on an individual baces, I've got no reason to trust in them now.

I've learned also as an Apostolic Penecostal Born Again Christian that its better to trust in God than to put confidence in man.

I'm a member of one of the fastest growing churches in North America,also around the world.
www.UPCI.org

(Psalms 118:8) F.Y.I.if your interested.
This is not only very good advice.
This is the dead center verse of the king james version of the Holy Bible.

All this to say you all now know where I'm coming from.
Again, what's the alternative? I've answered your post and told you the reason why I'm "pro" Union, should I forgive the Management and forget the loss? I see you addressed the other two around me so I guess that maybe I offended you, I did not mean to. It just gets frustrating repeating the reason why I post what I post.

Apostolic my father is pentecostal. He was a co-pastor and 37 yr union member (retired). I've seen the good and the bad with him. The good out weighing the bad by far. The owner of his company has a non-union shop also. Do the same job but for a lot less money. I respect you and your faith, But if the union is not the answer what is. Some of us guys are going to be here for a while longer. You my friend are on your downhill turn. You see the MC guys getting cuts we had our own a couple of yrs ago. Where does it stop.

Boats said:
Apostolic my father is pentecostal. He was a co-pastor and 37 yr union member (retired). I've seen the good and the bad with him. The good out weighing the bad by far. The owner of his company has a non-union shop also. Do the same job but for a lot less money. I respect you and your faith, But if the union is not the answer what is. Some of us guys are going to be here for a while longer. You my friend are on your downhill turn. You see the MC guys getting cuts we had our own a couple of yrs ago. Where does it stop.
What happened a couple of years ago? If you don't mind me asking. First that I've heard this, if it is a rehash please forgive me.

stldude44 said:
Apo,
All of us that are Teamsters, and most others, know all about how it was years and years ago. As bad as it might have been, don't you think that the Union overall has done alot more good than harm? It helped build the middle class and has helped alot of workers who aren't even in the Union by way of protesting and lobbying Congress to stop laws that would negatively affect all workers. And they did this with the money of the selfish, lazy workers you've described us all as. Do you think it was Overnite who has kept Mexican trucks out of the USA so far? Or fought for a higher minimum wage? You say that you became a different man in 1981, but in certain ways you don't seem to want to move forward. This is no longer a corruption filled Union like it was 20 and 30 years ago, and even then it wasn't that way everywhere.
Yes, and all union and non-union must remember as bad as the unions were run decades ago, We still enjoy the fruits of their hard work, Safe working conditions, Better pay & benefits, comfortable equiptment to drive. We all continue to benefit from that organization.

BusterNite said:
Yes, and all union and non-union must remember as bad as the unions were run decades ago, We still enjoy the fruits of their hard work, Safe working conditions, Better pay & benefits, comfortable equiptment to drive. We all continue to benefit from that organization.
This just slays me....All these fellows bashing the union saying how bad their life was with it or will be with it.....And flat DO NOT get the fact that without all that blood SWEAT and tears given by all those guys and gals fighting for their rights in the past is why they enjoy WHAT WE HAVE TODAY!!!!

If you forget the past you will make the same mistakes over and over!!!!

steve5 said:
What happened a couple of years ago? If you don't mind me asking. First that I've heard this, if it is a rehash please forgive me.
Steve we had our d/h shortened. I'm not a layover or sleeper team driver. I believe the layover drivers can no longer get payed miles form terminal to hotel. Sleeper team guys used to get 12 minutes to fuel. One of you older layover drivers or sleeper team drivers correct me if I'm wrong. Steve I know I'm right about d/h. That's how we got the 18 minutes. In a big hub or in the snow 18 minutes.:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

BusterNite said:
It takes me 8 1/2 hours to do my run driving time. Add in the 3-4 hours per night free delay time and divide that by 8 and I make minimum wage.
Was the Delay time in the bid? cause it takes me around 7.75 to do my run and i may have a half an hour that i must eat....Most of these waiting time issues were in the bid before you signed...:duh:Unless you are an Extra board .

Johnnybegood said:
Was the Delay time in the bid? cause it takes me around 7.75 to do my run and i may have a half an hour that i must eat....Most of these waiting time issues were in the bid before you signed...:duh:Unless you are an Extra board .
No, the bid did not say that you would be delayed 3-4 hours per night and if and when you start delay you will get $12 an hour. I must have missed that part of the bid. Also the bid did not say that you will have an hour lunch break be part of that delay.

BusterNite said:
No, the bid did not say that you would be delayed 3-4 hours per night and if and when you start delay you will get $12 an hour. I must have missed that part of the bid. Also the bid did not say that you will have an hour lunch break be part of that delay.
All i can say is they have a complaint # .Make yourself known.If i have a problem i call someone ,Maybe if enough of us tell them we are upset they may change the rules?:wavey: Just a thought instead of *****ing on a web site?

Johnnybegood said:

JBG, just because it's in a bid does not make it right. The bottom line is, why should a man have to sit without being paid while he's conducting company business?

CFer said:
JBG, just because it's in a bid does not make it right. The bottom line is, why should a man have to sit without being paid while he's conducting company business?
I'm not saying it's wrong or right ...I'm telling this driver to stand up and make his or her voice heard to our management......

Johnnybegood said:
I'm not saying it's wrong or right ...I'm telling this driver to stand up and make his or her voice heard to our management......
you know as well as I do that every complaint regarding these issues has been called In to managment all the way to the top. So when that fails, Whats next?

I've seen a lot of post on drivers being cheated.

But over all how are you doing?
I know most road drivers have new tractors.
Us P.& D. drivers get the old hand me down power units.

Are you getting good road miles?
Are you getting good per mile pay?

Working the city I bearly make $60,000.00 per year,and thats with a lot of overtime.

Don't you make more than that per year?

Now you know that Leo's mission statement says..OVER TIME we will have the best.
As our company grows we'll see an improvement in equipment,benefits,and wages.

Now I ask you all,would you'd rather work for a company thats making a profit?

Or a company thats tied to a union contract with highier employee costs,and is just making it?

When you work for yourself,you can have it your way,but if you have to work for someone else you have to make a choice,union,or non-union.

Why would you hire on with a non-union company knowing they want to stay non-union,than feel that your being cheated out of union wages,and benefits?

It doesn't make any sence to me?

Apostolic said:
But over all how are you doing?
I know most road drivers have new tractors.
Us P.& D. drivers get the old hand me down power units.

Are you getting good road miles?
Are you getting good per mile pay?

Working the city I bearly make $60,000.00 per year,and thats with a lot of overtime.

Don't you make more than that per year?

Now you know that Leo's mission statement says..OVER TIME we will have the best.
As our company grows we'll see an improvement in equipment,benefits,and wages.

Now I ask you all,would you'd rather work for a company thats making a profit?

Or a company thats tied to a union contract with higher employee costs,and is just making it?

When you work for yourself,you can have it your way,but if you have to work for someone else you have to make a choice,union,or non-union.

Why would you hire on with a non-union company knowing they want to stay non-union,than feel that your being cheated out of union wages,and benefits?

It doesn't make any sense to me?
It all boils down to pension money bottom line......:tribehasspoken:The Teamsters need your dues.....

Apo,
It really doesn't matter if the Company wants to stay non Union or not......it's not their decision to make.....it's the workers God given American right to join a Union if they want to. While you and a few others might be totally satisfied with your job situation, many are not. As time goes on and UPS tightens the noose you will all see, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that they intend to do what they want to do with no consideration about how you guys feel about work rules and critical issues such as Delay pay. As a city driver, what would you think if they told you a pickup wouldn't be ready for 2 or 3 hours and you'd have to wait for it off the clock? In essence, that's what they do to some of the road drivers. Do you not care because it doesn't affect you at this time?

Johnnybegood said:
It all boils down to pension money bottom line......:tribehasspoken:The Teamsters need your dues.....

Once again, our dues have nothing to do with the pensions.

100% of Overnite becoming Teamsters would be a 1% increase in membership. What will a 1% increase do?
The pension have nothing to do with it, dues have nothing to do with it.

Having a voice in your job does.

Learn to read the post DY you may be enlightened.

Not a single post on this furom has anyone claiming to want to be a Teamster becuase of the pensions.

Get off that dead horse. What do you actually, factually know about the pensions. Please leave out all the info the company has fed you.

Back on Thrusday to read your rebuttal
T251

Johnnybegood said:
All i can say is they have a complaint # .Make yourself known.If i have a problem i call someone ,Maybe if enough of us tell them we are upset they may change the rules?:wavey: Just a thought instead of *****ing on a web site?
Managment won't listen to me and they won't get back to me. But at least you do!!!