FedEx Freight | Hot Topic- One Board Or Two Boards

Since everyone works for FXF then where does the one board seniority stop, at the terminal or across the nation. If every employee at FXF should adhere to a one board system, why should a 19 year employee at a terminal in Los Angeles get laid off while an employee in the same classification at a terminal in New York keep their job with only 2 months of seniority. That sounds like the "Right place at the right time" to me. If you happen to live and work in a good city then right place, right time if not then too bad to be you.

If you want to transfer I say go for it, SENIORITY should account for something...

Websters says it best

• Main Entry: se·nior·i·ty <input onclick=return au('senior02', 'seniority');&quot; class=&quot;au&quot; title=&quot;Listen to the pronunciation of seniority&quot; type=&quot;button&quot;>
  • Pronunciation: \sēn-ˈyr-ə-tē, -ˈyär-\
  • Function: noun
  • Date: 15th century
1 : the quality or state of being senior : priority
2 : a privileged status attained by length of continuous service (as in a company)
seniority - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

FM

I wonder how the city compares to the road in fatal crashes. How many city drivers put 4/10's after 7:00pm I just don't think you can compare the two , that being said there is no easy job.

guys who run daytime linehaul make the same as night time so your arguement isn't a good one.

guys who run daytime linehaul make the same as night time so your arguement isn't a good one.
hmmmmmm..... how about 5/12's .... or 13's ..... or14's ..... or 250 miles from home stuck in the truck in a snow storm 1/2 thermos of coffee 1 bottle water 1 can of tuna ..... maybe it was a nice day when you left ... and you didn't bring any rat hole money ..... oh never mind on that one , anybody thats ran a laydown ...carries some extra cash ... always ..:biglaugh:

hmmmmmm..... how about 5/12's .... or 13's ..... or14's ..... or 250 miles from home stuck in the truck in a snow storm 1/2 thermos of coffee 1 bottle water 1 can of tuna ..... maybe it was a nice day when you left ... and you didn't bring any rat hole money ..... oh never mind on that one , anybody thats ran a laydown ...carries some extra cash ... always ..:biglaugh:

You had tuna?? :biglaugh:

FM

You had tuna?? :biglaugh:

FM

Well ...uh .... yes:hide:

but it was one of those cans that I had carried around in the bottom of the lunch bucket carry all .... ...for a long time .... didn't look very good on the outside ..... kinda hard getting it open with the pocket knife ..... where in the heck is the john wayne when you need it ... (c-rats can opener)

but it tasted dang good .... I'm telling ya ...:biglaugh:

Plus fuel, drop and delay, Reno to Carlin and back $370 on a good day or a bad day depending on how you look at it. Day time run. Out the gate by 7am home having a cold one by 6 pm or sooner.
OK, so add 1.5 hr for hook, to, drop, fuel that's an additional 32.40, but you would also need to add more time to the equation.

In order to get delay you would have to give up time first adding even more time to the day.

FM

OK, so add 1.5 hr for hook, to, drop, fuel that's an additional 32.40, but you would also need to add more time to the equation.

In order to get delay you would have to give up time first adding even more time to the day.

FM
hu ...I'm lost

1.25 .... $27.00.... some fuzzy math ....:biglaugh:

You tell him River, we see now who pays attention....
He was just looking for an argument, lol.

FM

Familyman :clap:

To be fair to both sides, I would have to say that
if the TO had been spelled with CAPS then slackdragon
would have caught it when he read the original post.
Also if he only runs to the Hub and back, he would not
think about the TO like you would on a meet run.

So I would call it a TIE. :biglaugh::biglaugh::hide:

btw: if running to the Hub and working the dock he
would also have a drop and a hook, or at the very least
a drop/hook.

:shift:

There are road drivers making that kind of money. A road driver can make $330 plus in 10 hours. That is at least $100 a day more than a local driver on 4/10s. The term city driver really does not fit when your route covers 300 miles. The compensation does seem to be a little lop sided.

Cody, I've done the math before, the difference would only be a few hundred a week if hourly was allowed to get 50-60 hrs a week like back when, this is no longer the case.

Personally, I no longer want more than 40 on either side of the fence, that is one thing putting me back to the dock has done for me, I'm done chasing the dollar, time to relax....

FM

Familyman :clap:

To be fair to both sides, I would have to say that
if the TO had been spelled with CAPS then slackdragon
would have caught it when he read the original post.
Also if he only runs to the Hub and back, he would not
think about the TO like you would on a meet run.

So I would call it a TIE. :biglaugh::biglaugh::hide:

btw: if running to the Hub and working the dock he
would also have a drop and a hook, or at the very least
a drop/hook.

:shift:

Damn driver, I thought you had my back, :biglaugh:

FM

after reading .... again .... I didn't understand the ... little ... to ... the first time ...we don't do TOs here ..... Tractor Only ....