FedEx Freight | Hot Topic- One Board Or Two Boards

No Jeff or who ever you are running this site, you don,t get the point. Your the typical type like I said earlier you want what someone else has. You have no idea what we all did in the beginning years to get where we are now. You need to get over this and go on with life and quit encouraging this to go on. Why do people like you always worry and cry foul when you don't get something. Now take it like a man. But I'm sure you will keep on crying until you can get your way. You should of came to the road before, then you wouldn't have to be crying but I'm sure your the type that would find something else to cry foul on because it's not fair.

Ok, I am over it now and I now see the light, I now agree that your whole career at Fedex should be based on being at the right place at the right time.

I also think you should bid your vacation before me even if your hire date is after mine,I don't mind that you had 2 weeks vacation per year and I had three, I surely won't mind now that I have 4 and you have 3 because you signed up first, YOU DESERVE IT, it's a 100% fair policy don't worry about vacation being earned, it's all about when you chose to go to the road at a higher rate of pay and should not be judged on longevity of service with the company,I know you sacrificed things that I didn't, I know making more money had nothing to do with your decision to go to the road, you were all about doing what was best for the company by allowing them a Super Trucker like yourself to pilot that big rig down the road. Even though you used your "COMPANY SENIORITY" to beat out the others that were after the job you have, thats the only time little old "COMPANY SENIORITY" should matter.

Yes you are far smarter than I am and Yes you deserve that job you have there driver because "You Earned it"

I also now feel that any road driver with 10-11 yrs service should go to the bottom of the city board or dock even if people are ahead of him with only 3 yrs service, I mean, Hey, it was his choice to go to the road and it sucks to be him if he makes the wrong decision... Right?

Also I agree when road drivers are hired at other terminals when AF expanded to another region, they should automatically get dibs on another terminal when that terminal acquired road runs that they didn't have at the date the terminal was opend, I also agree that when a job was posted at AF and said it would be up a week and then it disappears after 2 days with the job being filled, this is the right thing to do also.

I totally see your point, and you deserve anything you get from here on out.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't fedex have a policy once that stated we never lay off here? Now with layoffs looming every 6 to 12 months, wouldn't a company one board policy work out better for people that have been longer?

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't fedex have a policy once that stated we never lay off here? Now with layoffs looming every 6 to 12 months, wouldn't a company one board policy work out better for people that have been longer?
I remember it with Arkansas Freightways only ...

Finally it sank into your head even if your sarcastic, but for your information I got more years than you than you realize. I voted for the movement to other terminals when terminals close you should keep your seniority.I now realize who you are now, it just took me a while to get you to write out how you feel. I will just laugh every time I see you complain, and you can call me super trucker if you want, but it is just a matter of being smarter to make money easier and put in less amount of time. There is no company out here that is for you they are for making money so the faster you realize this you would be able to quit complaining and do something with your idol time.

Finally it sank into your head even if your sarcastic, but for your information I got more years than you than you realize. I voted for the movement to other terminals when terminals close you should keep your seniority.I now realize who you are now, it just took me a while to get you to write out how you feel. I will just laugh every time I see you complain, and you can call me super trucker if you want, but it is just a matter of being smarter to make money easier and put in less amount of time. There is no company out here that is for you they are for making money so the faster you realize this you would be able to quit complaining and do something with your idol time.

I have been wanting the single seniority board since the 90's, everybody that has been here for a long time knows this.
I have read your post 4 times and I can't understand what the hell you are trying to say, slow down man and take a breath.

I have no clue what you just said.

Not sure I understand what it is you are asking?

FM

Let me try and put this in a simple way, let's say you started for Af in oh... I don't know.. maybe in April of 92 in the city and you were in the top 4, ten years later you decide can still be home every nite and drink beer and make the big bucks. Are you willing to keep your new road board senority right where you are now if they would get tired of all whinning and went to a one broad. This means you would not automaticaly jump to the top spot but remain in the same road slot you are now. I for one have not forgot all the cracks about how much fun you were going to have drinking my beer and diddleing my old lady while I headed out the door with a suitcase hoping to get back at least for the weekend. Or how you had a family and wanted to go to their ball games and recitels and such as if I cared less for my kids than you did. As for being rewarded for being in the right place in the right right time? Damn streight ! If you were to go to a ball park,during the first inning you get up to get a dog and a brew. On your way to your seat a batter hits a record home run ball and someones stands up to let you pass because your hands are too full and catches the ball should you share in his bounty? Back in the day I wanted to hire in the city but was told they needed a road driver and I could transfer later, at that time road was ran out of central and the city drivers boss was the center manager who decided who worked the city for him. It was easier to go from the city to the road than it was from the road to the city unless of course if you were not afraid of the hours. I might also mention how many times I heard city drivers cry about how much money they made with overtime and still had the ol' hometime. As soon as the overtime came to a stop the sooner the cry went out for one board. Again are you willing to compromise. It really would help the drivers that hire in after you and were not in the right place at the right time! I asked this question many times and never got an answer yet!! By the way I hope you havn't noticed that your dog don't bark no more when I come around. LMAO

why are you guts so upset, the one board aint going to happen anytime soon, if ever, I for one at my age can out drive you, out work you on the patio, and also outsing you on my karoke cb, no stress is the only way to live, take a chill pill dudes

Let me try and put this in a simple way, let's say you started for Af in oh... I don't know.. maybe in April of 92 in the city and you were in the top 4, ten years later you decide can still be home every nite and drink beer and make the big bucks. Are you willing to keep your new road board senority right where you are now if they would get tired of all whinning and went to a one broad. This means you would not automaticaly jump to the top spot but remain in the same road slot you are now. I for one have not forgot all the cracks about how much fun you were going to have drinking my beer and diddleing my old lady while I headed out the door with a suitcase hoping to get back at least for the weekend. Or how you had a family and wanted to go to their ball games and recitels and such as if I cared less for my kids than you did. As for being rewarded for being in the right place in the right right time? Damn streight ! If you were to go to a ball park,during the first inning you get up to get a dog and a brew. On your way to your seat a batter hits a record home run ball and someones stands up to let you pass because your hands are too full and catches the ball should you share in his bounty? Back in the day I wanted to hire in the city but was told they needed a road driver and I could transfer later, at that time road was ran out of central and the city drivers boss was the center manager who decided who worked the city for him. It was easier to go from the city to the road than it was from the road to the city unless of course if you were not afraid of the hours. I might also mention how many times I heard city drivers cry about how much money they made with overtime and still had the ol' hometime. As soon as the overtime came to a stop the sooner the cry went out for one board. Again are you willing to compromise. It really would help the drivers that hire in after you and were not in the right place at the right time! I asked this question many times and never got an answer yet!! By the way I hope you havn't noticed that your dog don't bark no more when I come around. LMAO

You must have been talking to someone else, I started in 97, went to the road the first opportunity I got, (took 6 years) and even though it would push me back I still think the seniority system here is broke and needs fixed, whether a one board system or at the very least honoring co time when being forced to another board or location.

That's the best I can get from your post, the system the way it is now favors those hired in last....

FM

Sure did not take long to get under Jeff's skin. Just like I thought, we disagree with his way so he will take his toys and go home. Well I guess we can move on because it works fine for me and a lot more employees, but thank you for playing because I wanted to see how far you would go before you got mad. You can stop crying because I wont bother you any more.

Sure did not take long to get under Jeff's skin. Just like I thought, we disagree with his way so he will take his toys and go home. Well I guess we can move on because it works fine for me and a lot more employees, but thank you for playing because I wanted to see how far you would go before you got mad. You can stop crying because I wont bother you any more.

You didn't make me mad, Hell I was impressed this time that you put a sentence together I could understand :biglaugh:

Viking had this policy too. I remember stories of the Banghams bringing employees home to do work around their house so no one had to be laid off.

Before Fedex goes to a single board wouldn’t they have to have one driver classification all making the same hourly wage ? I can’t understand why a 4/10 city driver makes about $230 for his/her 10 hour shift while a road driver can make over $350 in the same 10 hours.

Before Fedex goes to a single board wouldn’t they have to have one driver classification all making the same hourly wage ? I can’t understand why a 4/10 city driver makes about $230 for his/her 10 hour shift while a road driver can make over $350 in the same 10 hours.
.5517 X 60 = 33.102 X 10 = 331.02

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm???

FM:Poke:

I wonder how the city compares to the road in fatal crashes. How many city drivers put 4/10's after 7:00pm I just don't think you can compare the two , that being said there is no easy job.

Some may that is true, however not all want it for that reason, whether one board or two, something needs to be done to address the seniority issue when cutting jobs, just not right when 19 year guys are losing their job and a guy with a year stays....

FM
Since everyone works for FXF then where does the one board seniority stop, at the terminal or across the nation. If every employee at FXF should adhere to a one board system, why should a 19 year employee at a terminal in Los Angeles get laid off while an employee in the same classification at a terminal in New York keep their job with only 2 months of seniority. That sounds like the "Right place at the right time" to me. If you happen to live and work in a good city then right place, right time if not then too bad to be you.