ABF | I am going to think about it really hard.

The company didn't get the other paid time off that they wanted. I sold my sick days last year, but will probably take the time off this year. I gave up four weeks to come here from YRC to work on my retirement, and take a LONG vacation, Lord willing. We all knew this was going to be a tough contract, but I think the committee did a hell of a job, considering the current economic and competitive climate. I hate to say it, but YRC will not pay the full rate on all it's employees in 2015. They will be able to close YRC and keep the regional units open, if they even do that. The snap-back provisions written into this agreement will put the brakes on YRC trying to acquire us. ABF will still be the best LTL carrier in the industry to work for.
Funny how turncoat voted yes on the YRC concessions then after it was voted in he left for ABF to get his full pension contributions.. Wonder what job you have lined up after you vote the ABF concessions in

brothers do your self a favor send gordon sweeton back to the table he does not car about u make him earn his 4 pensions wise the **** **** up look what they did to newpenn

TO LATE ABF JUST RAISED THEIR RATES, IF THEY ARE NOT GOING TO PASS ON THE SAVINGS TO CUSTOMERS, THEN WE ARE NOT GOING TO GAIN ANY MORE MARKET SHARE THEN WE HAVE NOW. IF THIS HAPPENS WHERE IS THE MONEY THEY WILL SAVE BE GOING?

Good question Papa. Do ypu think our leadership asked this question ?? Do you think they will tell us ??

our 1 week vaction was not bought up by abf in the 2 man meeting our great union was the one that brought that up thanks for standing up for the members that earned that vacation time we do not have a chance when the teamsters own 25 percent of yrc and the teamsters have board members on yrc payroll

I can't believe what I'm reading here...something to think about? what can you do? it's the economic climate? will the IBT go back for us? wish I could take the week unpaid??? WE HAVE OPTIONS...THE IBT WORKS FOR US VOTE NO & SEND THEM BACK !!
UNPAID TIME OFF ?? ALL WE HEARD WAS THAT ABF NEEDED A ECONOMIC RELIEF TO EVEN THE PLAYING FIELD HOW DOES GIVING UP A WEEKS VACATION DO THAT?? HOW IS IT EVEN IN THE EQUATION ?? AND YOU VOLUNTEER TO SUGGEST I'LL TAKE THE TIME WITHOUT PAY ....THAT WILL BE THE NEXT CONTRACT NO VACATIONS ....YOU GUYS SOUND BEAT ALREADY. STAND UP FIGHT FOR YOUR JOB & YOUR FAMILY VOTE NO SEND THEM BACK TO THE TABLE...LESS MONEY, LESS TIME OFF & LESS JOB SECURITY & YOUR THANKING THEM. THIS IS A DISAGRACE THAT THE IBT WOULD EVEN BRING THIS TO US. MY FAMILY IS EVERYTHING TO ME & I WILL VOTE NO FOR THEM & FOR ALL THE MEN WHO CAME BEFORE ME HOW CAN YOU JUST SIT THERE & TAKE IT??? HOW??

If you were able to get out of the pension fund, would u not be an orphan waiting to collect from that fund later? ABf is not looking to get out of the funds, there looking at reducing the # of employees that they pay into the funds.

Getting out of the orphan pension funds would be a start, and only paying for ABF Teamsters

That is a Legislative issue (a law) that must be resolved thru those channels. It isn't & cannot be a contract issue !! please don't confuse it with these negotiatons. ABF tries hard to confuse you with the two.

I went over the proposal & all i can say is i will be asking for a refund on union dues for the months spent working on this offer.... Just like last time employees have to give not the union....

Removal from the Gene Pool? Na, just kiddin. von

LOL, thats funny,
th

u guys need to vote no the ibt sold u guys down the river nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooononnononoonnononononononnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnonn

In my opinion, ABF threw this stinking pile at us because the IBT would not have a strike vote, and ABF could not count numbers to see who've they successfully terrorized. This truly atrocious proposal will probably be voted down. At that point, ABF will come back in a couple of weeks with only a 3% wage cut and restoration of vacations. Many guys will go "Whew! We dodged a bullet, I can vote for that...."...and ABF will get what they truly wanted, along with the subcontracting language. Does anyone realize that you don't negotiate a 5 year agreement with a company claiming tough financial times? You negotiate a two or three year agreement, and see how the company is doing financially after that period. That helps both sides. ABF is negotiating 5 years into the future.....not now, as everyone seems to perceive. If we get locked into a concessionary contract......for 5 years,....and the economy heats up,....like it's on the verge of doing....(..as I've stated time and again, ...anyone look at employment ads for truckdrivers? They're screaming for them. )..Wages in trucking are going up. It is inevitable. And.....in 5 years,....when the non-Union drivers are making 3 or 4 dollars an hour more than us, because qualified drivers are at a critical premium,....do you think ABF will open the contract to re-negotiate our wages? Do you think the IBT will attempt to force them?....Ot do you think the payoff of these contract negotiations is that ABF will have the lowest paid drivers.....contractually locked....in the industry, and will be able to cut rates at will, just the same as the non-Unions are doing now....for 5 years? Our so-called "experienced" negotiators should know this.....this is negotiating 101.....companies' financial troubles are confined to the company, and are internally created.....AND HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ECONOMY OF THE COUNTRY....That's why you negotiate a short-term agreement. We're being snookered. And.....if ABF,...along with help from the IBT and , apparently, their "competitor", Mr. Welch....is successful in having this proposal pass because they've terrorized enough of us into thinking we are private chattel, and can be bought and sold from company to company like old-time slaves on a plantation..............Why, you'll have the board of directors dancing from the rooftops of Fort Smith.....(..careful they don't fall off from laughing so hard...)............And....in 6 months.....because now they HAVE the numbers on who is terrorized.....in 6 months they'll be back for the other 8% to bring us down to YRC level...................Guaranteed..............YOU WILL NOT BUY "LABOR PEACE" FOR FIVE YEARS. If you vote "yes" for this, they will hound you, and hound you until we are at YRC level....or lower. THINK IT OUT, HAVE THE COURAGE OF YOUR CONVICTIONS, DON'T BE CHAINED BY ECONOMIC SLAVERY.

no contract could mean no work, endorsed by the union will pass 2 to1. regardless of how u vote. timing is everything too bad u didn't have 1 more year left.

BA said 1St Quarter Of This Year O.R Was 105 SO Am Sure The concessions Are Needed Just To Stay In business!

The proposal on "purchased" transportation is very troubling. I'm sure most road drivers know that the 6% will be PRIME linehaul work.

And, yes....the Freight Fairy left $451 million under Mr. Welch's pillow that he didn't feel the need to tell anyone about until he secretly made an offer for ABF. .....You guys still trust the companies' numbers? This is contract negotiations........they'll say anything. Think divorce proceedings,....the ex-wife will lie as the day is long to get as deep as she can in your pocket......so what if she's proven to be a liar later on?,...all that counted was that the judge believed her then. And it cost you money from that point on........Yes,......this is exactly like divorce procedures.....of course no one in business lies, right? Especially in big stakes......

Actually, Brother,...I've been happily married for 36 years. My brother's lawyer.....Umm..."SUxed".....Twice...........