Holland | i am thinking about working for holland

I would sure hope that with the driver shortage, if either line haul or city has layoff issues, they would allow them to move those laid off from board to board, versus letting freight sit.
We just had a few city guys laid off but they were all working 6 0+ hours a,week but there all called,back now only lasted,a,month or,2

Some companies advertise a "no lay-off policy" now. They have the flexibility of moving the bottom people from board to board in order to keep them working. I'm all for that since it doesn't step on anyone's toes. The Union companies might want to consider it also.

Some companies advertise a "no lay-off policy" now. They have the flexibility of moving the bottom people from board to board in order to keep them working. I'm all for that since it doesn't step on anyone's toes. The Union companies might want to consider it also.
We had them company comp,days that was pretty good volunteer to,take,off,free,days with no pay i called,them captain morgan days

When us senior guys would hear about the lay-offs coming for the low seniority guys, some of us would offer to take a voluntary lay-off and let them keep working. The company always said "no, we can't do that."

When us senior guys would hear about the lay-offs coming for the low seniority guys, some of us would offer to take a voluntary lay-off and let them keep working. The company always said "no, we can't do that."
Well they finally done,it this year after years guess got tired of guys not coming back

With all of the negativity and concessions, we warned management all of the time that some of those that got laid off would never come back, but they supposedly had no flexibility on the issue. With the driver shortage from around the country, it seems like a no-brainer to evolve and keep people working year around whenever possible.

I noticed that Holland is hiring for every position in my area......even management. What would draw people in as part of the management team? More head-aches, less pay, and being over-ridden by corporate all of the time doesn't sound to inviting to normal people. If as a management person you built relationships and trust with the employees by always doing the right thing, you'd be trumped by some b.s. corporate policy that would undermine everything that you gained. No thanks.

And why would any driver want to join a company that is already on a 15% pay concession, then have to go through a three year pay progression to finally get to the top pay scale? What does that make the starting pay.......about $15 per hour? Again......no thanks.

A friend of mine started there about a year ago in NC,and dont seem to have (m)any complaints.It,s all what you make of it and your attitude,which will apply anywhere you go...GL

Our last 20 hires in the last 2 years came from other LTL lines,SAIA ,southeastern ,Wilson,ect.Every single one of them likes Holland way more than they did their other jobs.

to shaggy read my post on working for the company in south bend it's in medical insurance post just remember it's only my opinion

I think you are a Liar that talks out of both sides of your mouth.
I dont really care what you think pal i know the facts because im,the one,talking to these people,first thing out of all 3 fedex freight tm mouths were well i dont think you would want to work here and let me get off the phone gotta take this call will call you back and,never here,from again

Our last 20 hires in the last 2 years came from other LTL lines,SAIA ,southeastern ,Wilson,ect.Every single one of them likes Holland way more than they did their other jobs.
Wilson is about out of business sefl works the dog crap out of you and saia never calls back

so back on the topic shaggy do you need to know anything more about woking for the company been here over 20yrs i'll try to answer your questions about working at south bend even if it's my opinion

All that is required is a pulse and a face for the picture ID. Your ID is your most important piece of equipment. It will save you from any accident and injury. You HAVE to have a face to get on here.

All that is required is a pulse and a face for the picture ID. Your ID is your most important piece of equipment. It will save you from any accident and injury. You HAVE to have a face to get on here.
Ill be checking for , your id badge you know thats a letter