XPO | I fired Con-way.

Yea, go ahead and post it here exdriver... Good luck to you in your app developing

Do you have a pulse? Do you let others make decisions for you? = Your hired.

This was sorta meant for the new cnw. Don't get me wrong there are a lot of smart people who just started and who were senior to myself also... But seeing what I have seen, the future ain't bright so I don't have to wear shades.

I will say this, I wasn't the over-achiever employee.. But I thought I did my job well. I never had a complaint from a customer, and I only damaged three pieces of freight when I was in diapers. I showed up everyday. Yes I did some dumb things. I am not perfect. But sheesh, were we a freight company or a kindercare. Just because you have a high score in tetris doesn't mean you can load trailers. Just because you have the CDL doesn't mean you can't take care of the customer. I once thought this was a circus, then when I decide to leave I realized it was a cheap carnival: Yes we have the newest rides but that doesn't mean we are going to fix'em or inspect'em.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lord..I stumbled on this by mistake...glad I did, I know lots of Conway guys that like what they do, some have been there for a long time, some not so long...dougie, try Sysco...I would like to train you...you would be curled up in the pax floor of my new freightliner crying after the 2nd stop, I think your a sis, you wouldn't know real work if it hit you in the mouth, I don't think you want to work hard, Conway is a good company...your a wussy with a "P".

Lord..I stumbled on this by mistake...glad I did, I know lots of Conway guys that like what they do, some have been there for a long time, some not so long...dougie, try Sysco...I would like to train you...you would be curled up in the pax floor of my new freightliner crying after the 2nd stop, I think your a sis, you wouldn't know real work if it hit you in the mouth, I don't think you want to work hard, Conway is a good company...your a wussy with a "P".
Being employed and having to perform stoop labor, being worked like a rented mule and having no life outside of work is not a virtue you pathetic a$$ clown. I have known probably a few more conway hands than you since I had worked there for the past thirteen years until I freed myself. Never knew any of them that actually liked it. All of the hands that had similar service rank but one is gone now. That is how good of a job it has become. MOST stick a job like this out because they have bills to pay and or mouths to feed not because grinding their bodies down made them feel superior or like a tough guy and probably a lack of more attractive options. I have been in the small package and ltl business for thirty years and hated every minute of it. Don't bash those who see it for what it is.

Being employed and having to perform stoop labor, being worked like a rented mule and having no life outside of work is not a virtue you pathetic a$$ clown. I have known probably a few more conway hands than you since I had worked there for the past thirteen years until I freed myself. Never knew any of them that actually liked it. All of the hands that had similar service rank but one is gone now. That is how good of a job it has become. MOST stick a job like this out because they have bills to pay and or mouths to feed not because grinding their bodies down made them feel superior or like a tough guy and probably a lack of more attractive options. I have been in the small package and ltl business for thirty years and hated every minute of it. Don't bash those who see it for what it is.
For one, I never reall thought of myself as an ass clown, an *******..yea, ask my ex wives, they will tell ya.

Conway is a company and a good one, that place provides a great living for alot of guys, I worked for fedex freight and I hated it but I made a good living, plus I gave 100%, they paid me for it, so I gave it!

As for my body, I'm 44 and I look like a greek God..well, not really, but I'm strong and in really good shape, I have the same hurts as I did at fedex, I guess I'm just a man, I like to work like one, it makes me feel good, that vid that your buddy posted was just ridiculously dumb, I mean really..did you watch it?

In closing I would add that I respect your opinion and dougies opinion, I just think there are 2 kinds of blue collar guys in the world...the ones that get in there and work like they got a pair, give 100% and get dirty and work hard...then there are those that are soft and squishy, they want to be a man but they are soft and smooth handed, they cry when they have to work, hard work makes them upset, I think dougie is one of the latter.

GT

Edit: One more thing lonerider, I don't work like a rented mule, I do have a life outside of work, believe it or no.

I hate that we got off on the wrong foot, I hope we can debate this like the 2 good men we are, I don't want W-99 to have to come and tell us to cool it, he shouldn't have to.

Well just like everything, you can't please everyone. I am not asking for your vote Groceryblower, but thanks for being honest. That's all I ever wanted.

beerfd please dont make a video it would be short with small words! LOL!We all know that he is right on, some of us choose to stay on the ride for what money is left.I dont agree with alot of what beerfd posts but he is right in one thing they do pay the bills and my family has more than most.If i could find something else that paid close i would be gone tomorrow. Glad someone did though good luck to anyone that does.

Conway is a company and a good one, that place provides a great living for alot of guys, I worked for fedex freight and I hated it but I made a good living, plus I gave 100%, they paid me for it, so I gave it.

Have you ever been an employee of con-way? This place used to be awesome! It still is an ok job if you can navigate all the BS but is steadily being destroyed by corporate greed. Nothing new and just what big business is all about.

Well just like everything, you can't please everyone. I am not asking for your vote Groceryblower, but thanks for being honest. That's all I ever wanted.
Groceryblower...how cute..sorta like your smooth girl hands, I had hoped I drew ya out and I did, now lets get after it Dougie...

Exactly what is it that you dislike about working hard?

For one, I never reall thought of myself as an ass clown, an *******..yea, ask my ex wives, they will tell ya.

Conway is a company and a good one, that place provides a great living for alot of guys, I worked for fedex freight and I hated it but I made a good living, plus I gave 100%, they paid me for it, so I gave it!

As for my body, I'm 44 and I look like a greek God..well, not really, but I'm strong and in really good shape, I have the same hurts as I did at fedex, I guess I'm just a man, I like to work like one, it makes me feel good, that vid that your buddy posted was just ridiculously dumb, I mean really..did you watch it?

In closing I would add that I respect your opinion and dougies opinion, I just think there are 2 kinds of blue collar guys in the world...the ones that get in there and work like they got a pair, give 100% and get dirty and work hard...then there are those that are soft and squishy, they want to be a man but they are soft and smooth handed, they cry when they have to work, hard work makes them upset, I think dougie is one of the latter.

GT

Edit: One more thing lonerider, I don't work like a rented mule, I do have a life outside of work, believe it or no.

I hate that we got off on the wrong foot, I hope we can debate this like the 2 good men we are, I don't want W-99 to have to come and tell us to cool it, he shouldn't have to.
Sorry man. I am not trying to bust your balls and no I did not watch the video. My time there ended badly and I am angry about thinking I had a job that I might be able to maintain my position at until retirement. I still get a couple of calls a week from guys that are still there who on average are not complainers and they tell me of the latest horrors and wanting to know about the latest update on what other jobs pay and what not because they to are at the end of their rope. Sorry about the clown thing.