XPO | I fired Con-way.

Conway is a company and a good one, that place provides a great living for alot of guys, I worked for fedex freight and I hated it but I made a good living, plus I gave 100%, they paid me for it, so I gave it.

Have you ever been an employee of con-way? This place used to be awesome! It still is an ok job if you can navigate all the BS but is steadily being destroyed by corporate greed. Nothing new and just what big business is all about.
Blue67, come to work for Sysco, its the same!!! Its all about your attitude! If you go to work pissed, you will leave that way...Sysco is getting ready to put cameras in the truck trained on us..IDK if I can deal with that, if I can't I will move on, but I won't beat up Sysco..big corporations are all the same, its up to me to make the best of it!!

Sorry man. I am not trying to bust your balls and no I did not watch the video. My time there ended badly and I am angry about thinking I had a job that I might be able to maintain my position at until retirement. I still get a couple of calls a week from guys that are still there who on average are not complainers and they tell me of the latest horrors and wanting to know about the latest update on what other jobs pay and what not because they to are at the end of their rope. Sorry about the clown thing.
Lonerider, I hope we can be friends, don't worry, we are good! Its all a big corporate thing, Sysco is the same way!

Blue67, come to work for Sysco, its the same!!! Its all about your attitude! If you go to work pissed, you will leave that way...Sysco is getting ready to put cameras in the truck trained on us..IDK if I can deal with that, if I can't I will move on, but I won't beat up Sysco..big corporations are all the same, its up to me to make the best of it!!

Trust me I know all the big corporations ususally mirror one another although I did work for a place much larger than Con-way that treated their people really good. It wasn't an unusual thing in that industry most places treated you very well. Companies get waaaaay carried away with the profit margins,executive bonuses,cuts for the working man etc. I feel it's the way things are going to be from here on out unfortunately. BTW the camera thing really is a joke and if it comes to my neighborhood I'll be gone.

This was sorta meant for the new cnw. Don't get me wrong there are a lot of smart people who just started and who were senior to myself also... But seeing what I have seen, the future ain't bright so I don't have to wear shades.

I will say this, I wasn't the over-achiever employee.. But I thought I did my job well. I never had a complaint from a customer, and I only damaged three pieces of freight when I was in diapers. I showed up everyday. Yes I did some dumb things. I am not perfect. But sheesh, were we a freight company or a kindercare. Just because you have a high score in tetris doesn't mean you can load trailers. Just because you have the CDL doesn't mean you can't take care of the customer. I once thought this was a circus, then when I decide to leave I realized it was a cheap carnival: Yes we have the newest rides but that doesn't mean we are going to fix'em or inspect'em.

Not an over-achiever tells me you do the minimum.

You showed up every day? That's what you're supposed to do, you don't get props for that.

Trucking was probably just not for you.

I have only had a few experiences on the mighty Con-Way board, you guys are tough, you have thick skin and broad shoulders, I like that about all of you! Dougie, I think what you did with that vid was wrong, thats my opinion, thats all it is, I still think you got little girl hands though..:) You all are a tough bunch, it almost makes me consider working here! I might once I get to old to throw groceries and need something really gravy easy like freight..:) J/K Guys!!!!

Trust me I know all the big corporations ususally mirror one another although I did work for a place much larger than Con-way that treated their people really good. It wasn't an unusual thing in that industry most places treated you very well. Companies get waaaaay carried away with the profit margins,executive bonuses,cuts for the working man etc. I feel it's the way things are going to be from here on out unfortunately. BTW the camera thing really is a joke and if it comes to my neighborhood I'll be gone.
Blue67 its coming for us in the next year, I just got a new freightliner with a grand on the odo...there is a place to mount the camera, it was specd that a way, I don't think I can live with it either, I may have to walk, I didn't get into trucking to be looked at while i pick my nose and scratch my sack!!

Dougiehowsner, that video is the best. Thanks for putting out the truth. FINALLY!!!!. That truely is how all DSRs feel at our FAC. We are taking action

Dougiehowsner, that video is the best. Thanks for putting out the truth. FINALLY!!!!. That truely is how all DSRs feel at our FAC. We are taking action
All of them? Really? Did you take a poll? You better be sure you all are on board before you take action, if there is 40% on board and 60% suck asses, you all are screwed!!! I am speaking from experience, its funny..everyone seems to be on the ship and when the ship is set to sail, there are a bunch that jump and run to mgmt., thinking they will get an attaboy, I'm just sayin, be careful, please, I have been there and seen it!

dougiehowsner, the truth will set you free. great video. i wish you the best of luck at your new job. again great video

Attitude is a huge part of it, but not all of it, a person can only take so much BS and Con-way has dished out more than their share of BS. Con-way used to be a good place to work, and they were a big corporation then, but poor management in a bad economy has taken a big toll on morale. I did not quit because I thought that the company was going under or because my job was in jeopardy. I left because not all companies are the same and some do a better job managing in a tough times. Some recover quicker and restore compensation taken away sooner because they are managed better. Some never even cut wages or retirement int he first place. Some even still offer 100% paid health care.

I quit because I do not like what the company has become over the last few years. They are taking too long to recover and continue to make bad decisions. They continued to twist the truth on many issues and did not care to work with us to try to make things better. They will recover, I don't doubt that at all, but I am a young guy and I'm sure I'll go through another recession or two before I retire. I don't feel that Con-way has learned anything from what they've done, so I do not trust them to handle it any better the next time. They are getting exactly what they want and it's working for them. Make life miserable for the higher paid local management that have their own opinions, get them to leave and replace them with lower paid puppets.

I totally agree that it's up to the employee to make the best of it, but sometimes making the best of it means a career change, which is what I did.

All of them? Really? Did you take a poll? You better be sure you all are on board before you take action, if there is 40% on board and 60% suck asses, you all are screwed!!! I am speaking from experience, its funny..everyone seems to be on the ship and when the ship is set to sail, there are a bunch that jump and run to mgmt., thinking they will get an attaboy, I'm just sayin, be careful, please, I have been there and seen it!
Huh? They disagree with your idea and they're "suck asses"? Nice attitude, "brother".

These few have blinders on with their self-serving agenda in hand. They only think of themselves and not the company as a whole. I make a lot of money and have decent benefits. I've never in all my years have had a problem with this company, atleast something that was not taken care of within a day or two. grocerythrower is right, it's all about attitude.

That's not at all what he is saying. Re-read the post, please.
I re-read it. If you don't agree with him, you're a suck-ass that will run to management and rat everyone else out. He is saying that "everyone" will say they will follow you to the card-signing ceremony, but may not really show up. Maybe a change of heart, maybe they never agreed, but just said they did to shut him up. He states he has experience with that. Sounds like he was with the 40% and didn't like being in the minority.

I have only had a few experiences on the mighty Con-Way board, you guys are tough, you have thick skin and broad shoulders, I like that about all of you! Dougie, I think what you did with that vid was wrong, thats my opinion, thats all it is, I still think you got little girl hands though..:) You all are a tough bunch, it almost makes me consider working here! I might once I get to old to throw groceries and need something really gravy easy like freight..:) J/K Guys!!!!

I used to peddle liquor at one job and then soda pop at another, both for considerably less money, I would add. There is more truth to your gravy comment than some of these guys might realize.