XPO | I got a job offer at Conway...

Why is it you guys from the south never mention you make more money per hour than the central guys when you take a day off?

Now if I take a day off I get eight hours of PTO compensation, you guys not only get more you earn more.

It would be nice to take a day off and get paid almost ten hours for it like you guys. A ten hour work day earns you nearly ten hours off, not eight like in the north

Stole your pension, stole your week of vacation, gave you a raise... oh wait, that was supposed to be a good thing...ah, scratch that last one... oh wait, I forgot, that wasn't good enough either

I need a SAAG Board to keep up around here

better get fresh batteries in the ol' keyboard, you've got some bashin to do

Please, comparing days off to days worked? Give me a f'n break man. 2.308 hours per week PTO for every week I work, and that's sick time, vacation time, personal time, it's all lumped in there. And if I take a day off and the calendar's full, even with a doctor's note I get a disciplinary point. They'll lie to your face telling you that you're important and they want you to be "engaged" (whatever the hell that means) in the company's future. The only people they're interested in listening to are people like beer and merdock, the folks that tell them what they WANT to hear.

Please, comparing days off to days worked? Give me a f'n break man. 2.308 hours per week PTO for every week I work, and that's sick time, vacation time, personal time, it's all lumped in there. And if I take a day off and the calendar's full, even with a doctor's note I get a disciplinary point. They'll lie to your face telling you that you're important and they want you to be "engaged" (whatever the hell that means) in the company's future. The only people they're interested in listening to are people like beer and merdock, the folks that tell them what they WANT to hear.

So let me get this stright, if I get sick and even see a doctor for it, I get disciplinary action taken against me?

So let me get this stright, if I get sick and even see a doctor for it, I get disciplinary action taken against me?

If the vacation calendar is full for that day... Yup. No such thing as sick days around here, all that comes out of your pto time, and even if you bring a drs note, doesn't matter if the calendar is full. Full point.

try getting hurt on the dock..expect a letter of instruction and your hours cut doing stupid office crap!

This is the only place I've ever worked that you get written up for getting hurt even if its not your fault. But hey, its stupid policies like that that will get us to being a "world class safety organization".

And another thing is that they want you to move freight fast and always mentioned how your motor moves are slow but yet as soon ass you hit something our break something, "sign here please". This company has you sign a conference report s stating how safety is important and you should never rush and be safe and when you flip to page 2, your name is highlighted in red cause your motor moves are low.
I love xcw. It makes me happy.
J.N:Rulz:

And if your in the hospital , don't even think your gonna have your wife call in for you. We were told that your voice has to be on the other end of the line when u call the scm. We call each other convicts for a reason young guns

I don't know what planet you're on but this is NOT an easy job. We work our asses off here, and especially for less down in the south. Who is making 100k? No one that I know, well maybe one driver but he's been here forever and has our best linehaul run. But if you're in the city, forget it, you won't make over 50.

We do..every year.

And another thing is that they want you to move freight fast and always mentioned how your motor moves are slow but yet as soon ass you hit something our break something, "sign here please". This company has you sign a conference report s stating how safety is important and you should never rush and be safe and when you flip to page 2, your name is highlighted in red cause your motor moves are low.
I love xcw. It makes me happy.
J.N:Rulz:
They do that to weed out the lazy asses. It ain't at all hard to get good motor moves. Its easy.

Ever wonder why Conway was so eager to offer you a job? This company cannot keep employees, the turn over is so high around here it's not even funny. They will paint this shiny blue picture about how great this company is but the fact is after you walk through the doors it all changes and changes quick, these unskilled managers attempt to manage by fear and initimidation and it works on most. They will threaten your job they will belittle you as a employee and in the mean time you have to kiss major ass just to get hours. I have seen more then a 100 and thats a rough number but probably more walk in and leave behind this activity. If you choose to become a future convict .. Just use caution around everyone and management . I would recommend you go with Holland or ABF for long term employment , this place is not as good as it seems !

You must've missed some good ass to get that run to big d every night.

They do that to weed out the lazy asses. It ain't at all hard to get good motor moves. Its easy.
Sure, on inbound. But you don't work outbound. I guess if you scan everything to the dock before you scan it to the outbound trailer you can boost your own numbers, but if you're loading freight right and cleaning up after the last dope that floored out the trailer or didn't build a deck but always gets away with it and never gets his nuts busted for it,well then forget it, you're gonna get called across the carpet for low motor moves. Just for doing the job right.

Last edited by a moderator:
if you are a brown noser, you will be fine. I've seen this happen many times.. I sit back and watch how the coworkers intearact with each other and gossip like little bitches..But yes, there was once a guy the dispatcher would have a hard on for...Any thing that they usually turned a blind eye to, they would throw the book at him for it..thats the con-way

more beerfd bovine excrement..not everyone is good on a tow motor. you are probably one of those scan it to the trailer and blow the dock kinda guys, or mr i dont drop decks.

Same old **** Different hour different day nothing Changes so tired I'm not going to comment on these post 's tonight y'all enjoy your Mud Sling Fest !!

if you are a brown noser, you will be fine. I've seen this happen many times.. I sit back and watch how the coworkers intearact with each other and gossip like little bitches..But yes, there was once a guy the dispatcher would have a hard on for...Any thing that they usually turned a blind eye to, they would throw the book at him for it..thats the con-way

I prefer to keep my nose clean as opposed to up the boss' ass.

A while back, I got sick for 2 days. The first day wasn't a problem because the PTO board wasn't full, but I had to take an "unexcused" for the second day.

So shat? Your still here. You got 6 points to use. Use them. Too many people took advantage of the sick days in the past,so they made a uniform policy to cover everybody. I keep my points at zero..so when I want to take off, I take off.. excused or unexcused..who cares..nothing happens to you. You have to use their rules in your favor. What else you going to do..