TForce | I thought this was funny

wassesname said:
why did a UPSF guy approach a Roadway guy anyway otherthan to bother him, what did he think the conversation was going to lead to? I am not going to let some nameless faceless poster on these boards affect my decision with a comment. just the facts. I think other companys would like to be in our position to get the latest, greatest contract in history.
Thats GREAT!!! you have made your decision. BUT alot have not. Alot of employee's are looking for more Info, Alot are waiting to see the greatest contract in history that has not been agreed apon yet. So, why the negitivity it does not help the cause. And yes, Im sure their are company's that would like to be in our position.

Can't believe you guys have now started to argue about this little issue.
Some terminals allow the drivers to fuel, some don't. Some have full time fuelers and jockeys to drop and hook, some do not.
The issues should resolve around what is best for all the men, in other words, a set of rules that clearly has paid work rules for all work performed. A clear set of standards for anything involved with your job, if delay time in traffic conditions, or for repairs to equipment or for any time while working that should be compensated.
The issues should be what is fair to all ....
The corporations are in business to make money .... and you go to work for those companies to make money, so Why not work with a set of rules that tells you what to expect for your time and work ?
Let's keep it civil, name calling and insults do nothing for anyone.
Let those who work decide .... it's in their hands now.

Medical science does say are heads are made of bone.

But its not very nice telling someone that they'er bone heads even thought its actualy true.

Isn't that funny?

I see that this is how this thread started.

For what this thread started out as something funny in the original posters mind,it sure got a lot of reponces in short order.

We all have our opinions of any given subjest.
Some may think something to be the funniest thing they've ever heard, others will think it to be very crule.

Now you all knew your Apostolic had to weigh in on this thread.
For I've found over my 62 years of life.
Ones perception is a choice,if you choose to be positive,you can over look the negatives,but if you want to be negative it will be very hard for you to be positive.

Money isn't always everything,peace of mind is far more important.

Most of us are doing the best we can with what we feel is right for us.

To fuel,or not for money?
Whatever works for you,also works for me.

Why would this be a union-non-union issue?

What do you do `if` you happen to be at a self serv fuel stop?? & that not by choice but un planned circumstances.......I need to know these things as we will more than likely be in a contract soon,I hope..........

Oh, UPSF drivers other than Reno UPSF drivers actually get .1 which =6 min pay no matter how long you wait in line to fuel!!!!!!!! ouch

Buster ... 1) what is negative about my "best in history" attitude? 2) if it is "not about the money" then why do you go to work? 3) what do you do when some guy comes up to you and asks you what you are doing? i would roll up the window and lock the door.4) why do you let someone, new to these boards, get you upset? I would not blame 1.5 million hard working/ well paid workers because one of our competitors poked fun (on our board) at one of our guys. I have 26 years union experience and did not have to read any of these posts to realize what way to go.

wassesname said:
Buster ... 1) what is negative about my "best in history" attitude? 2) if it is "not about the money" then why do you go to work? 3) what do you do when some guy comes up to you and asks you what you are doing? i would roll up the window and lock the door.4) why do you let someone, new to these boards, get you upset? I would not blame 1.5 million hard working/ well paid workers because one of our competitors poked fun (on our board) at one of our guys. I have 26 years union experience and did not have to read any of these posts to realize what way to go.
I did not get upset that someone was poking fun, As I said all the name calling just feeds the fire. Plenty of this went on during the last campaign. I would like to see employee's atleast wait for this history making contract rather than making up their minds now over bad vibes from the past. There is nothing wrong with your best in history attitude. I am all for a great contract. I hope that I did not offend you in any way. If I did it was not meant to offend you. Keep in mind I have 28 years non-union trucking and no matter what anyone says, no matter what the past campaign brought us, I still have an open mind and will do whats best for me and my family's interests.

truckinusa said:
I guess my main point was I found it odd that someone would rather fuel their own truck when they could be staying dry from the rain etc.. He almost seemed eager to fuel his truck on his own. I kinda like not getting diesel on me. maybe I should of been nicer, but I'm a bit of a smartass.
Truckinusa I dont know how they taught ya'll to fuel at "Big R" but the nozzle goes in the big hole on top of the fuel tank. Oh yeah take off the cap first. See you are not the only smarta55 here.

wassesname said:
I missed # 2) what I meant about the money is that I like to get the job done as soon as possable. But don't get me wrong, I expect to get paid for everything I do while on the job. I do not under stand the part about blaming 1.5 hard workers. Because I don't.

Long days said:
Oh, UPSF drivers other than Reno UPSF drivers actually get .1 which =6 min pay no matter how long you wait in line to fuel!!!!!!!! ouch
Im sorry to say that I have an attitude when it comes to this. If there is a line I will not fuel the truck. I will let the p&d driver do it on the clock. .1 is not enough if your going to sit in line. Again sorry for the fuel line attitude.

BusterNite said:
Im sorry to say that I have an attitude when it comes to this. If there is a line I will not fuel the truck. I will let the p&d driver do it on the clock. .1 is not enough if your going to sit in line. Again sorry for the fuel line attitude.
I was not aware of how little you guys got to fuel. Its apalling to me. Fueling my truck myself is not a big issue for me. I get paid actual time either way. I fuel my truck myself every week because there is not a fuel stop that has fuelers on my whole route. I really wasn't trying to start trouble. I also didn't mention that the UPSF employee that I spoke with was a nice enough guy, but I found out quickly that he didn't like the union so I didn't press him any further.
I am just really happy with what I got and I want all UPSF employees to be happy with me. I used to work for SMT out of San Antonio,TX so I know what a bad situation can be. Not getting paid for jack except mileage. Having to do 5 pickups in a day and not getting a dime of drop pay. This is what happens when people don't do anything to better themselves.

truckinusa said:
I was not aware of how little you guys got to fuel. Its apalling to me. Fueling my truck myself is not a big issue for me. I get paid actual time either way. I fuel my truck myself every week because there is not a fuel stop that has fuelers on my whole route. I really wasn't trying to start trouble. I also didn't mention that the UPSF employee that I spoke with was a nice enough guy, but I found out quickly that he didn't like the union so I didn't press him any further.
I am just really happy with what I got and I want all UPSF employees to be happy with me. I used to work for SMT out of San Antonio,TX so I know what a bad situation can be. Not getting paid for jack except mileage. Having to do 5 pickups in a day and not getting a dime of drop pay. This is what happens when people don't do anything to better themselves.
As far as I know line haul drivers will fuel their trucks at the end of their run. six minutes on the clock to do it. Although I don't think that it is a policy that they have to. Most terminals have a fueling area. Most trucks will go out on city runs with a p&d driver and the p&d driver is on the clock from start to finish and can fuel up as needed.

BusterNite said:

It normally takes 45 minutes for me to fuel.

Wait in line. Usally one of two deep
Scan two credit cards, log in tractor, milege, employee number, fuel type, extra transactions, etc. at the pump
Pump fuel usally 225 -250 gallons. One side at a time. (Never leave nozzle unattended)
Wash windows
Check other fluids, oil, Washer fluid etc.
Visit fuel desk for receipt
Wait in line at Fuel desk.

45 Minutes easy, sometimes more.

Every minute paid for

Never a problem......it's in writting

truckinusa said:
I was recently waiting in line in Moriarty,NM for my truck to be fueled. I work for Roadway. A UPSF driver asked me why I was waiting. I told him, "when you sign your union card you will be waiting here with me." He told me he liked fueling his truck and didn't mind continuing to do it. What a bonehead huh? Not trying to start anything. I just can't believe people that are so dumb.

How come FedEx ground is pulling Roadway trlrs around?

I've seen this on three different occasions