ABF | IBT Backs Plan to Allow Some Pension Cuts

been alot longer than 6 yrs some people are just now opening there eyes and finding out that the dnc is a bad joke you cant get rid of

Hmmmm.....Do you mean Democratic National Committee when you say "dnc"? As opposed to the Republican National Committee....the one that recently decided to invite Donald Trump to the CPAC convention and disinvite Governor Chris Christie....because he is too "moderate"? Ahhh, yesss.....the Donald is now the face of the Republicans.........that is truly the real bad joke...........

Hmmmm.....Do you mean Democratic National Committee when you say "dnc"? As opposed to the Republican National Committee....the one that recently decided to invite Donald Trump to the CPAC convention and disinvite Governor Chris Christie....because he is too "moderate"? Ahhh, yesss.....the Donald is now the face of the Republicans.........that is truly the real bad joke...........
And I was thinking Department of Natural Conservation. :shrug:

TDU always spins any action as negative. As I read the report, I see it as a way for companies to equitably transition out of the out-dated plans and essentially mortgage their unfunded liabilities. The idea here is not to have to cut any accrued benefits, but rather transition to sustainable optional plans over time. But the time has come to make this a reality. There is probably a haircut now, but I would rather have that now, than a beheading later when I'm too old to work. I think most would agree we have to fix this. ABF is in decent financial shape and if they can become more profitable they would be able to negotiate from that strength to pay off their liabilities over the next 10 years or so. They could realistically do a plan such as Mr, Nyhan proposes in the report. Because of the enormous debt load YRCW has they will have to stretch theirs out longer, however, their employees already have seen a cut in their retirement, some that retired near the time of the merger had to go back to work after they defaulted on their pension obligations. These pension funds sorta make up the rules as they go along. If you have your own personal retirement account, you have much more control, and if you leave the company, you take it with you.

Thomas Nyhan, executive director, Central States Funds—At the request of other members of the Commission, Mr. Nyhan explained the recently adopted alternative withdrawal liability method referred to as the “two pool” method. Under this
model, employers who had been contributing to the plan would be offered an opportunity to retire their current legacy liabilities in exchange for a commitment to join and remain with a new withdrawal liability pool that uses the direct attribution model
over a specified number of years. Employers have found this approach to be appealing because the direct attribution method reduces their risk by making them liable primarily for their own unfunded liabilities. Protections have been included in the
design to protect the fund in the event the employer subsequently withdraws from the fund before fulfilling the commitment period. Mr. Nyhan reported that other Teamster plans had also adopted this method and that employers were signing on.

Turncoat ABF hired you for a reason, They needed a body to fill a position, one that should be able to fit right in with little training, they got a driver with 27 years of experience and that wasn’t a coinendence. ABF got you for 85 %. So they will be making money on your behalf for the next 3 years.
You said your putting all your faith into the union to do whats right for you. I hope you will read this. International Union to Increase Payments to Officer Only Fund | Teamsters for a Democratic Union. Here is just one way they will take care of you. The IBT will take care of the IBT, and if you happen to get something from it then that’s a bonus, This is just one way that your union will take care of you. They negoiate so they will not lose what they have. If something happens to our union, or companies, then they lose what they will have, but you can bet their pension will still be protected at our expense.
I keep hearing lets fix the pension, I know it needs fixing, but the guys that are saying it are not ready or able to retire right now, They want it fixed so they can retire, but don’t care about all the people who are about to retire now. They just want it fixed so they can retire later. We can’t just abandand the guys now, we have to protect all members, not just so those later will have it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ABF also can enjoy somewhat what YRCW has now. All they have to do its utilize the utility drivers and that's going to save the company great amounts of money, and they already have that option. We all know that utility drivers can hook, work the dock, peddle freight, and run the road, so why not utilize what they already have.

Another waste of money is what is going on at some of the smaller terminals, I know a few of them have as many management people as they do drivers. We are all professionals, and we know what needs to be done. If you need someone to tell you every move to make then really why have you. We all know what has to be done. I am not saying no Management, just why so many.
I still don’t know why people came from other companies, after they voted for changes, and now want to give away everything we have and have worked for.

I keep hearing lets fix the pension, I know it needs fixing, but the guys that are saying it are not ready or able to retire right now, They want it fixed so they can retire, but don’t care about all the people who are about to retire now. They just want it fixed so they can retire later. We can’t just abandand the guys now, we have to protect all members, not just so those later will have it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait a minute! You admit the pension needs to be fixed, then go on and call the the guys calling for reform selfish and not caring about the old timers.
What a bunch of B.S.! Either your lying or brain dead stupid. Because I've seen no one calling for some changes in the pension to abandon you guys. No one!

Both my grandfather and father collect full Teamster pensions. I have many friends due to collect full Teamster pensions. The last thing I want, is any of them harmed.

And again I see no movement or even general rhetoric saying we should abandon you guys!

I although can easily make the case what you just said was just as selfish as you claim others are. You admit the pension needs to be fixed, but want to do nothing about, because you fear you may be harmed, therefore screwing my generation.

You absolute JOKE of a Teamster you! How dare you make such an accusation.

Wait a minute! You admit the pension needs to be fixed, then go on and call the the guys calling for reform selfish and not caring about the old timers.
What a bunch of B.S.! Either your lying or brain dead stupid. Because I've seen no one calling for some changes in the pension to abandon you guys. No one!

Both my grandfather and father collect full Teamster pensions. I have many friends due to collect full Teamster pensions. The last thing I want, is any of them harmed.

And again I see no movement or even general rhetoric saying we should abandon you guys!

I although can easily make the case what you just said was just as selfish as you claim others are. You admit the pension needs to be fixed, but want to do nothing about, because you fear you may be harmed, therefore screwing my generation.

You absolute JOKE of a Teamster you! How dare you make such an accusation.

You are such a little little man. The truth must have really hurt you. Do you really want to start calling people names. I stand by my statement, you only care about yourself thats why you want it fixed now

You are such a little little man. The truth must have really hurt you. Do you really want to start calling people names. I stand by my statement, you only care about yourself thats why you want it fixed now

Shut up. You made an accusation that those who want some pension reform are selfish and could careless about others with their full pension time put in.
Based on what? There was no truth to it. That's a serious accusation your making on your fellow union brothers.

I want some pension reform secure my future, but not at the cost of jokers like you.

I may think your a pathetic fool for such a statement, but I don't want to harm your pension one bit.

If you're going to stand by your absurd statement, then back it up!
If you can't then shut you're pie hole up!

Alright, if it's soooo wrong to fix it now, then we should we fix it? After you retire? That's not selfish on your behalf?

You have your opinions, and so do I . the difference is I am not attacking you

Back it up. And what you said was an attack on those wanting some change.

You called us selfish, based on nothing.

Here's the difference. When I have a disagreement with my union brothers, it's not because I believe they purposely want to harm the union or me. Men like Canary and ABFer I believe want the best for everyone. I just believe the path they may want to take doesn't achieve that.
You are saying thay men like me want to purposely hurt men like you for self gain.

All I an saying it's thier are members that have already earned theirs,, and now you have some that say I would rather see a a shaving now, so when I can go it's going to be fixed. now who's being selfish?

All I an saying it's thier are members that have already earned theirs,, and now you have some that say I would rather see a a shaving now, so when I can go it's going to be fixed. now who's being selfish?

Now your back peddling.

And to answer your question. You. You don't want to fix a problem because you fear you may get harmed.
In a sense you wanna kick the can down and let us younger guys worry about and possibly loose oyr pensions so you can get yours now.

Let me ask you this. Hypothetically would you take a 5% cut now in your pension retirement check, if it meant saving the pension for future retirees?

your wrong I'm not back peddling at all just telling you like it is, we just have a difference of opinion

I'm not the one singling out a whole generation of Teamsters and calling them selfish.

My father's net is around 3k with 35 plus years put in.

Now answer my question.

I have 35 years in right now and I can't even get 3000 a month for another 5 years. think I'm already giving more than that. now what are you willing to give up?