TForce | If UPS does buy ABF would we end tail,or dove tail?

Oh my word big steve,being an old former Teamster I was thinking about this.
I'm afraid you are right on this point.
Well this move that may be made by UPS does leave us UPS Freighters between a rock,and a hard place to unionize,or not thats the big question on everyones mind.

I've got 20 &1/2 years in our company,but I know the local ABF terminal in my city has drivers that have more time than that,which would put them ahead of me.
Well isn't this a nasty deal.

Maybe UPS if they do buy ABF will just let them do their own operation under the UPS brand,and we can stay in our own bids with our company.
That works for me.

better start looking, we are A BIG PAIN IN THE *** FOR UPS>
the truth be told, they wished the would have bought abf and not us.

WOW Local 776 that sure was some mistake UPS made.

Well heres the deal if you buy some large expensive item,do you put it on e-bay,or hold a garage sale,and lose a lot of your original investment?
Or do you make the most of it to recoup the money you spent?

Don't you think that if UPS is thinking they've made this big mistake,why not make the most of it,building into what they originaly hoped it would be,and then get a good return on their investment.

Sounds good,and makes more sense to me if thats what they are thinking now.

abf's contract protects them
your company's promise to you would be an empty one
revisit what occurred in the abf - carolina deal
dovetail due to the contract language and structure of the deal
if anything did occur upsf wouldn't be doing the acquiring, the parent company would making you guys sussceptiple to anything that comes down
size does not matter and besides i do not believe upsf is larger than abf
my advice is to try to protect yourselves and get some kind of representation unionwise in place kinda quick as you may not have much time left in this type of corporate buying game

Please go peddle your union scare tactics on the union/nonunion forum. Maybe someone there might swallow it.:hide:

Well heres the deal if you buy some large expensive item,do you put it on e-bay,or hold a garage sale,and lose a lot of your original investment?

Don't you think that if UPS is thinking they've made this big mistake,why not make the most of it,building into what they originaly hoped it would be,and then get a good return on their investment.

no, they thought this was going to be a walk in the park. they have problems with OVNT mangement and the power struggle within the company. EGO TRIP. UPS thought were going to bend over and kiss their a***. With a yes sir no sir. They just havent learned we operated different than UPS BROWN. IF they were going to buy ABF the would do it for this reason to > gain control < of a compant they have no control of.

no, they thought this was going to be a walk in the park. they have problems with OVNT mangement and the power struggle within the company. EGO TRIP. UPS thought were going to bend over and kiss their a***. With a yes sir- no sir. They just havent learned we operated different than UPS BROWN.
IF they were going to buy ABF the would do it for this reason: To &quot;gain control &quot; of a company they have no control of.
UPS has NO IDEA how to operate a freight co.and is trying to op. it like a package company

I have another question what did ABF do with the Carolina employee's ?

The Carolina and ABF employees were dovetailed.

The were a lot of hard feelings about this deal betweeen union members.

In some areas of the country Carolina had been around longer than ABF so many Carolina employees had seniority over ABF employees. Tjis made for some bad moments between members becuase now Carolina members were now senior to ABF member under the ABF name.

Some still harbor bad feelings against either other for a business deall they had no control over.

Thanks 251 I was thinking there was a lot of hard feeling over the whole deal, just like the bigO and motor Cargo employees. We dont hear much about motor cargo this far east. I do know that there were 2 barns in several citys. I not sure they have them all combined as of yet. thanks Slo

Very wise words from you Big Steve...........

Skeeter..............

well, you missed the point completely my friend....

No I didn't miss it I know exactly what he was trying to say. It will never happen no matter what their contract says.

I hope UPS does buy ABF then we all will see how strong your mighty teamsters are. :1036316054:

UPS would not buy ABF and end tail UPSF people because of a contract. That contract will be up before something like that was to ever happen. So if the drivers here go running to the union it won't be because of that scare tactic.

Believe me there is enough going on right now with all the O/O and contract carriers pulling our loads to make more than enough vote for the teamsters. So no one has to post any scare tactic anymore. And please don't say that wasn't a scare tactic because even through it might say that in the contract it would be dealt with before hand.

Not trying to be mean spirited.

In the application of this Section, it is immaterial whether the transaction is called a merger, purchase, acquisition, sale, etc. Further, it is also immaterial whether the transaction involves merely the purchase of stock of one (1) corporation by another, with two (2) separate corporations continuing in existence.

In the application of this Section, it is immaterial whether the transaction is called a merger, purchase, acquisition, sale, etc. Further, it is also immaterial whether the transaction involves merely the purchase of stock of one (1) corporation by another, with two (2) separate corporations continuing in existence.

And your point???

I wish you guys would let a dead horse lay. UPS CEO Mike E**** and CFO Scot D**** said there is no plan for any aquisitions in North America for this upcoming year. One of the main reasons is to prove to share holders that the &quot;O/MC&quot; purchase is and will continue to be a sound business investment. Secondly and very obvious to anyone working for UPSF, we have miles to cover and make up if in fact we are to be a serious contender. With all the problems we currently have, adding another carrier would bring the whole freight infrastrucure to the curb. On another note, future aquisitions are in their sights. Just not in the forseeable future. I'll place my money on Canada and Mexico for buyouts. I think they will just build off and expand the current U.S. UPSF system!!!

I wish you guys would let a dead horse lay. UPS CEO Mike E**** and CFO Scot D**** said there is no plan for any aquisitions in North America for this upcoming year. One of the main reasons is to prove to share holders that the &quot;O/MC&quot; purchase is and will continue to be a sound business investment. Secondly and very obvious to anyone working for UPSF, we have miles to cover and make up if in fact we are to be a serious contender. With all the problems we currently have, adding another carrier would bring the whole freight infrastrucure to the curb. On another note, future aquisitions are in their sights. Just not in the forseeable future. I'll place my money on Canada and Mexico for buyouts. I think they will just build off and expand the current U.S. UPSF system!!!

Well if their waiting for us to make them look good.....We are screwed!!!!! Too many band-aids and duct tape......You have to actually have to fix things for them to get better....Its kind of like putting an ace bandage on a broken leg....It will hold steady as long as you don't try to stand on it....Put wight on it and it looks like the letter L....And it is on our foreheads....

better start looking, we are A BIG PAIN IN THE *** FOR UPS>
the truth be told, they wished the would have bought abf and not us.

Now I think I have heard it all local. UPS does not take a shyte without a plan. These purchases they will make were planned far enough in advance, UPS new what they were doing , this company was growing double digits from bankruptcy at a rate that would blow a sailboat around the world at lightspeed, they wanted a company that made monies and we were the 4TH largest carrier in the US. This is the reason for the purchase.

We also own everything we have within the company, from tires too the equipment ,too the terminals that house the freight we haul.

It was a win win for UPS, even if they have too rebuild this company, they rebuild thier own company on a regular basis without batting an eyelash.

Menlo was loosing 40 million a year, and CNF was going too burn them, UPS came in, bought out the landing rights for china,as well as the US operations for ground, and turned Menlo (SCS) into a profitable company.

Menlo was purchased a year prior to us. Now you have &quot;O&quot; 4 times the size in realestate, equipment and customer base, This company needs a revamp and it will happen. It will take a while.

Now correct me if I am wrong, UPS a little while ago wanted to pull the pention from the teamster's, and thier was a strike that put the US in a standstill . Meanwhile FEDEX is licking thier chops, and leading customers in a direction too use them now or loose when the shyte hits the fan , and FEDEX currently uses the same tactics today, when it is a negotiating year.

Now you people are really off base here and I will tell you why.

Why would one of the most respected companies in the nation, take a nonunion company, that is currently working on a contract , and merge it with a union company, and create a grandscale worker relations disaster in the freight industry, when FEDEX is in the background licking thier chops again, waiting for UPS to do the same as they did with small package, on the freight side.

Makes no scence!!!!! This is my opinion, and I will stick to this. If there is another purchase, it will be iether another non union company, or a union company when a contract is made, this contract will be a hybrid contract, and when UPS buy's if they buy another company, they will do the same with the purchased company as they did with MENLO , you can keep your current contract until it runs out, but it will be renegotiated to the UPS lineup of benifits and monies.

Mark these words!!!!!!