TForce | Indy's Vote Prediction!

Lets look at it this way.

Overtime after 8, on a holiday week this is beneficial. Hell this is beneficial to begin with.

Vacation the same, well I had no problem with this to begin with.

Sick days, descretionary, 4 days including personal, the same.

$4.65 over 6 yrs. it could be better, but I will take it. And will differ per region.

Is there more monies\hr. to the pention to compensate for the loss in the 401K?

New work rules, uniformed company policy and a true grievance process, better then what we had. My group of pier process is now my local and not 6 hrs. away. Protection , wow what a concept.

Now I know what is expected of me. And SENIORITY COUNTS. Particularly with OVERTIME, AND START TIMES. WOW WHAT A CONCEPT. And the TM has to follow the contract.

Medical, if it is what I am being told ,I have a problem with this. But there is a savings if it is thrown into the union dues. And may also differ per region

Road drivers are getting a $.10 increase over 6 years , better then the NMFA. and delay pay. I am sure will differ per region.

Just these things I have mentioned above are Improvements alone. Our biggest problem if you all remember correctly was the uniform work rules, and the greivance process. AND SENIORITY . now we have this and everybody is UPSET . If I remember correctly this is what most of us wanted and we were happy with what we had in monies and bennies.
We get a little more and people are complaining about it.

Now most of us want to scrap the Teamster initiative, and possibly take a chance with what UPS could possibly give us in the future, OHHHH YES, they will feel pity on us and give us what we want. what a farse. this is not "O" any more, AND "O " never did this anyway ,and those people in INDY new that when they voted.

Wake up people, if there not giving it to us in a contract, they are not giving to us without one. And our work rules and greivance process is lost. Wait until the boss gets hot at you and endevors on a man hunt after you. And I mean a personality conflict as opposed to being lazy.

Wait in a couple of years when they scrap the PENTION , and it is comming, mark my words, talk with your financial advisors, AT least with the Teamsters, we have a chance for some protection, as opposed to not, hoping they will keep it and have more pity on us.

No it's not $35.00 per hr. but I never expected that anyway, this is freight not small package, and those that did I hope someone other then you is controlling your finances.

It truely sickens me that people are not looking at the positives of this contract and working to build a stronger work force. Instead we whine and wait for the handouts instead.

Also I may add lets say I Take the ins. through the teamsters, for just the medical coverage we have currently with family it costs 45.00 per week, just the medical, multiply this by 4 weeks and we get $180.00 I pay per month for medical.

The teamsters on the other hand say you will pay $150.00 for a family plan for life, $100.00 per month for You and Spouse, and $50.00 for just you. For life, what is wrong with that, if you compare I save $30.00 per month.

Just medical. Now I know alot of people here in the noreast who is earning $10.00 an hr. and pay $125.00 a week, I think we made out allright if you ask me.

We have to keep in mind central states is not doing that well to begin with, so this could be a move by UPS to better the contract UPS is paying for as opposed to the teamsters.

Reddaway in California (nonunion) has always made more than the union Reddaway's up north. You ought to know that. But judging from Indy I don't think they would care about matching them.
While you are correct about the hourly rate you are wrong in what is considered to be total compensation. The Reddaway members up north get almost $4.50 pert hour to the pension while everyone else gets a stupid 401K or almost no pension contributions (california contract).

Also, The contract FREEZES the monthly insurance cost at $50/$100/$150 per month for the life of the contract. As most of you may have already noticed, your insurance premiums usually goes up every year and/or your coverage decreases/gets modified. Most experts will tell you to expect a 7-8% annual increase in the cost of the average insurance premium.This means that without the contract you can expect a 50-60% premium increase over the next 6 years, or in Accelerator's case, an increase of $90-108.00/month.

Is there any alternative to getting a contract at this stage of our UPS Freight history?

Do you see UPS coming up with any counter offers?

By the way what happened to the Association of Parcel Workers of America (APWA)?

Do they have any offers to counter this Teamster contract?

One other question,Indy has been the genie pig experiment to come up,and vote this first contract in,is there going to be seperate bargaining sections at each,and every terminal to come up with individual contracts?
The Teamsters are declaring the Indy contract a model contract.
Are all the terminals to have their own separate contract molded after Indy's.
This is another point I'm not very clear on

This whole deal could very well take a whole three year time frame to get all straightened out.

I cannot emphasize this enough buster, We finally get the work rules, the greivance process and true seniority, and people are complaining, when this is the whole reason for this movement to begin with.and I agree with the platter statement, and it is quite funny, I am sure UPS is cringing at this Teamster initiative, and is grouping together to better what we have in this contract to keep the union out, yes the silver platter is comming , I can see it now, of coarse it probably has horse meat on it.

I remember when this all started, prior to INDY voting for representation, a MGR. from dallas decides to have a Q&A with us, and asks us why we want the union, when I mentioned SENIORITY, FOLLOWING THE WORK RULES IN THE POLICY BOOK, A BOOK THAT ALL MGNT. GOT TOGETHER AND HAD OPINIONS ON MIND YOU, AS OPPOSED TO US. He said and I quote

" MGNT could do a better job at followinbg the work rules" They know they are doing this, we are non union they now this and they do not care about the book I use as toilet paper now.

Why give us the book if it is going to be a free for all, and make policies no one has any intention of following.

an here I thought Pho was the only terminal that used that book for toliet paper. Imagiane my surprise .:biglaugh:

Based on what I have read here I'm just not impressed. The pay raises are nice but we get that anyway. Delay pay is good. I'm a road driver so this will help but its rare that I get more than a couple hours a week. Overtime after 8 is good but we already have 42 now right?

These things are nice and they were expected but I have issues with:

Paying for insurance-I expected full coverage without paying. Isnt that what parcel and the current NMFA gets?

Raise are split up and applied in Jan and July? What kind of crap is that? Thats like only getting half your raise.

Losing the 401k match. This is a biggie to me. Say you make 60k and put in 7%. Thats 4200 and the company matches with $2100. I'd rather have the match growing in my 401k instead of a few extra bucks in my check that would get spent anyway.

I expected to lose the 401k match but I expected the rest of it to be good enough to offset it and I'm not sure it is. I could agree to most of this but if I'm losing the match then I should get free insurance. I would also like to see how our pension matches up to NMFA because what has been posted claims no change to pension. Like everyone else I need to see it in writing but most of the bigger points have been covered a couple times. If there was something better I would think it would have been pointed out by now.

If you work a couple of 10-11 hour days in the first half of the week can add another $80-100 dollars to your check. Also, the top 90% of the full time employees in each board are guaranteed 40 hours/week.
The split raises are in the new package contract and it is being considered for the next NMFA.
As for the 100% company paid insurance, that will probably not happen again in any white paper contract given the rapid rise of insurance costs. The contract freezes the cost of the insurance for the life of the contract. Without the contract, you can expect an annual increase of 7-8% in premium costs or possibly a reduction in coverage.
When you add up the amount of the annual raises, the extra money from the new overtime rules, and the savings on insurance premiums, most of the Indy drivers will make up for losing the company match for their 401(k).
As for the road drivers, ALL work done when not driving is to be paid at the top hourly rate for city drivers. This includes your delay pay also. I believe this is a significant improvement over what you have now.

Paid breaks?

If you work a couple of 10-11 hour days in the first half of the week can add another $80-100 dollars to your check. Also, the top 90% of the full time employees in each board are guaranteed 40 hours/week.
The split raises are in the new package contract and it is being considered for the next NMFA.
As for the 100% company paid insurance, that will probably not happen again in any white paper contract given the rapid rise of insurance costs. The contract freezes the cost of the insurance for the life of the contract. Without the contract, you can expect an annual increase of 7-8% in premium costs or possibly a reduction in coverage.
When you add up the amount of the annual raises, the extra money from the new overtime rules, and the savings on insurance premiums, most of the Indy drivers will make up for losing the company match for their 401(k).
As for the road drivers, ALL work done when not driving is to be paid at the top hourly rate for city drivers. This includes your delay pay also. I believe this is a significant improvement over what you have now.
Would we get paid breaks? Right now we only get a half hour unpaid lunch?:1036316054:

First of all what exactly is sub-par, I feel yellow and ABF will be paying the price in this contract the wrighting is on the wall.

As a matter of fact ask a brownie what they recieved in thier contract, they too will tell you they lost, as opposed to the last contract.

You got to be kidding Acc. No body loses like we do if the rest of the company falls for this contract.

And the brain washing continues. Union good......company bad!!!! Wake up folks, in this instance the union is selling us a broken product. You wouldn't accept that in any other part of your life so why blindely accept it now. Stand up and DEMAND to be taken seriously. Right now, I loseless money through the company than I would with the contract. You can all say it's about work rules and not money.......but, you're not truthful. NONE OF US are independently wealthy and doing this for the fun of it. Stop chasing the carrot and open your eyes to reality....this deal blows. Hopefully down the road they'll come up with one that makes sense for us to support. BUT THIS ISN'T IT !!!!!!

It would be a lot faster and easier if I highlighted all the good points. :hysterical:
You can't high-lite any:smilie_132: thing because you have not seen or read it. The locals have not yet got a copy, so until you can produce one you are not telling the truth!

And the brain washing continues. Union good......company bad!!!! Wake up folks, in this instance the union is selling us a broken product. You wouldn't accept that in any other part of your life so why blindely accept it now. Stand up and DEMAND to be taken seriously. Right now, I loseless money through the company than I would with the contract. You can all say it's about work rules and not money.......but, you're not truthful. NONE OF US are independently wealthy and doing this for the fun of it. Stop chasing the carrot and open your eyes to reality....this deal blows. Hopefully down the road they'll come up with one that makes sense for us to support. BUT THIS ISN'T IT !!!!!!
Have you read the contract? Not just posted snipits?:smilie_132:

Correct. However, I had the main portions of it read to me. How can you defend it when you don't even have that minimum of knowledge on it ?