TForce | Jack Holmes does the country!

Get the facts first

Liebstandarte, Before all you good fellas go charging off to sign cards blindly. You might want to get the facts about the contract that IND is tied into. Make sure you know that if you are a road driver and you work the mini hub, when you clock in to work the dock at your destination terminal you will be payed dock w/ cdl wages. ALSO when you take vacation time you are going to be payed a straight 8 instead of the average daily pay you get now. For me that's a 3200.00 dollar a year cut in pay. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I do not want representation I do. But I want to make sure we don't lose more than we stand to gain. I would like to be able to get with alot of different people and have a chance to address the union about these issues before we have to hear well maybe we can get it back in five years. For some of the younger people in this company that may be fine. But some of us have enough time in that we will never make it back. Think about it!!!!!

Liebstandarte, Before all you good fellas go charging off to sign cards blindly. You might want to get the facts about the contract that IND is tied into. Make sure you know that if you are a road driver and you work the mini hub, when you clock in to work the dock at your destination terminal you will be payed dock w/ cdl wages. ALSO when you take vacation time you are going to be payed a straight 8 instead of the average daily pay you get now. For me that's a 3200.00 dollar a year cut in pay. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I do not want representation I do. But I want to make sure we don't lose more than we stand to gain. I would like to be able to get with alot of different people and have a chance to address the union about these issues before we have to hear well maybe we can get it back in five years. For some of the younger people in this company that may be fine. But some of us have enough time in that we will never make it back. Think about it!!!!!

I am not charging into anything. I have the contract and have read it cover to cover. There will be no contract where all are happy. The city and dock guys get paid a straight 8 right now for vac, and hol. we do not have or extra work calculated in, I am for the union because I can't stand the management any longer! I have had almost as many managers as years of service. I am sick of them coming in and thinking they are going to do what ever they want to make sure 'they' are successful. I have been targeted, threatened and singled out for my pro-union views. When I see management so determined to get rid of me because of my leadership on the union, I know the union will be good for the workers.Why? Because it is all about, POWER! They will have to share power and face grievance hearings if they screw someone. I am glad that some guys don't face this day to day, but at my center it happenes everyday. The great thing about the union is that you have a voice, a voice to join our not, and a voice if you are in the union. CHARGE!:1036316054:

Some of us has already seen the contract, my terminal has, and just because INDY has that contract does not mean we will have the same, Sure the monies contributed will be the same, but our work rules, and the way the monies is divied up amongst the bennies may differ.

The unfortunate thing is the union will not show us the contract unless you sighn cards, this is not only thier legal obligation, but ours as well, so with this being said, I would say we are on the rite path, and welcome to the boards crisscross38, tell everyone about us and the more we communicate on this issue, the better future contracts will be........:1036316054::1036316054::smilie_132:

I am not charging into anything. I have the contract and have read it cover to cover. There will be no contract where all are happy. The city and dock guys get paid a straight 8 right now for vac, and hol. we do not have or extra work calculated in, I am for the union because I can't stand the management any longer! I have had almost as many managers as years of service. I am sick of them coming in and thinking they are going to do what ever they want to make sure 'they' are successful. I have been targeted, threatened and singled out for my pro-union views. When I see management so determined to get rid of me because of my leadership on the union, I know the union will be good for the workers.Why? Because it is all about, POWER! They will have to share power and face grievance hearings if they screw someone. I am glad that some guys don't face this day to day, but at my center it happenes everyday. The great thing about the union is that you have a voice, a voice to join our not, and a voice if you are in the union. CHARGE!:1036316054:

10-4 excellent statement I could not agree more.........:1036316054:

The post you are responding to is referring to road drivers, not p&d or dock, us road drivers get an average daily pay for vacation, if a road driver makes $70,000 a year then his vacation day pay is $269 a day under the ontract he will get paid $174 a day if you have 4 weeks of vacation that is a loss of $1900 a year. yet another black eye for some road drivers.

The post you are responding to is referring to road drivers, not p&d or dock, us road drivers get an average daily pay for vacation, if a road driver makes $70,000 a year then his vacation day pay is $269 a day under the ontract he will get paid $174 a day if you have 4 weeks of vacation that is a loss of $1900 a year. yet another black eye for some road drivers.

Good catch, any rebuttle? I think what you are referring too, was set up in the contract too compensate for the xtra monies they will be paying out on the P&D list, overtime after 8 comes too mind. It was intentional.

Good catch, any rebuttle? I think what you are referring too, was set up in the contract too compensate for the xtra monies they will be paying out on the P&D list, overtime after 8 comes too mind. It was intentional.

I saw a post that the indy terminal filed and won a grievence on that issue, based on past practices. That is a prime example of why a union is a great power for the average worker. Do you think that would have happened if you called HR?

WHO!! will be payed straight time for vacations? Mini hub drivers or all Road Drivers? This does not make any sence.

well currently we invest nothing and get a pension from the company, and I think if your reffering to dues that has nothing to do with the retirement, that is still paid by the company.

I saw a post that the indy terminal filed and won a grievence on that issue, based on past practices. That is a prime example of why a union is a great power for the average worker. Do you think that would have happened if you called HR?

That is a big 10-4. These are the little snafoos we are going to have too iron out, there should be no reason for someone to loose in getting thier fulltime rate, when it comes to shifting duties. And calling HR on these issues is like talking to a wall, allthough in some cases they may show up pending on your situation, but if it is inhouse with a TM or someone under him, with no contract you set yourself up.

If they were paid the same before, they can do it now, this is my problem with the INS. INDY sighned for. If they can afford to give me 100% coverage now, there should be no reason why I cannot get it with a contract. Even if a out of pocket is expected all though I do not care for it.

for all of you that think the company is looking out for you---WRONG! you are a number that can be replaced. when we were overnite we had a better pension than what we have with UPSF. the pension was based on the best 5 year out of 10, now its the last 5 years. i dont no about some of the dock hands here but I would have a problem when my hours and wages was cut., AND to leave your all with a smile on your face( this company can stop your pension any time they want. GET a grip folks. We have (NO LEGAL BINDING CONTRACT)
Indy laid the foundation for the rest of us but it DOES NOT mean WE have to build the same house.

for all of you that think the company is looking out for you---WRONG! you are a number that can be replaced. when we were overnite we had a better pension than what we have with UPSF. the pension was based on the best 5 year out of 10, now its the last 5 years. i dont no about some of the dock hands here but I would have a problem when my hours and wages was cut., AND to leave your all with a smile on your face( this company can stop your pension any time they want. GET a grip folks. We have (NO LEGAL BINDING CONTRACT)
Indy laid the foundation for the rest of us but it DOES NOT mean WE have to build the same house.

Thats right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I second this post. This is the real world, I am exploding with anger over everthing that has happened since UPS brought ovnt. The harrasment will end once we are in the union. If you don't face daily harrasment I envy your work environment. Unfortunatly my center is run by a regional vp who pulls the strings on his puppet tm to do everything he tells him. Then the TM cries to us after being a spineless omeba that he is just doing what he is told, a true leader of men:biglaugh: I promise every guy that I work with that I will put an end to this B.S. once we are under contract. This SH!T will end at my center!:1036316054:

http://www.truckingboards.com/trucking/upload/roadway-express/23903-brooklyn-187-again.html

there are many threads like this in the union companies, as I have said in the past if you are in a situation with a bad tm, who harrasses you, filing a grievance against him is not gonna stop him.

http://www.truckingboards.com/truck...rother-gets-our-road-steward-fired-241-a.html

http://www.truckingboards.com/trucking/upload/roadway-express/19443-discharged-4.html

None of these posts prove anything. They are all hearsay. Anyone can post what ever they want and the truth is not needed. You will have to better than this to prove the grievance is worthless.:biglaugh::hysterical::smilie_132:

I know I should have clarified my post but I was in a hurry.

The point I was making was if management wants to mess with you they will, they don't care if you file a grievance.

A grievance will not stop A manager, just as a rstraining order will not stop a criminal.

I know I should have clarified my post but I was in a hurry.

The point I was making was if management wants to mess with you they will, they don't care if you file a grievance.

A grievance will not stop A manager, just as a rstraining order will not stop a criminal.

The point is the manager will have to face the employee in a legally binding hearing and face economic damages as well as renstatement. Plus the employee remains at the job until the hearing is conducted,:1036316054: unless he commits a criminal offense while on the job.

When I was a Teamster back in the day.
Most TM's knew better than to mess around with work rules pertaining to the contract language.
If they did violate some article of the language,and it was greived,they were subject not only to compensate the employee,but also had fines from the IBT to pay.

Why not PM hillbilly frog,or CFer for more details of how the union works regarding this issue?
Or maybe they can weigh in on this in an open post?