TForce | Just What Can The "teamsters" Promise Us?

Proud Overniter said:
so what happens when there are no more teamster trucking companies for them to leap to.......sort of like when fleas run out of dogs???

:rolleyes:
I see lots of dogs around .... so I wouldn't worry about that right now.
What you should think about is how you, as an employee, will stand a chance against the corporation when they decide to take away more money from your paycheck. You have no recourse, no protection and most of all .... NO CONTRACT !
It's been said before, Leo works with a contract, all the top executives work with contracts, so what's good for them must be good the average working man .... isn't it ?
Unless you think you are less of a man then they are, you and the rest of the UPSF employees deserve the same rights and protection provided in a contract.

Proud Overniter said:
yeah, that's why the airline industry is doing so well and making money hand over fist...and the american automobile manufacturers, they are making massive profits these days, as are the steel manufacturers......all thanks to the labor cost inflicted on those industries by union contracts...i hear delphi is getting ready to post an 4 way stock split their stock is so valuable....

:biglaugh:

you say management calls the shots and in turn they take all the risk....the unions want the rewards with no risk...you ever studied the concept of risk versus reward??
Hey P.O., If you want to talk financials let me enlighten you. First up, the airlines. Not just U.S. airlines, but world airlines are all in trouble. Why? Try the price of fuel. Try the price of a ticket due to rising fuel prices. Try the cost of a brand new passenger plane. Try higher insurance premiums. Try 9/11. Try deregulation. Secondly, the automobile industry has gone global. Ford, GM, Chrysler etc. have gone global and now own shares in many foreign auto makers. Sometimes when you move and aquire other companies your cash in hand goes with it. Othertimes its a marketing ploy. For instance, my girlfriend is looking at a Jaguar<>Ford. The price of the Jag is cheaper than the Ford. Also the Jag is made across the big pond at a union plant. Apparently Jag sales are sluggish, so drop the price. The typical shell game. I could go on and on but my point is this. Who do you think is responsible for a lot of these things? Big business and government. I don't know or care what your standard of living is in dixie but up in the Nor'east we have high taxes, housing, education, insurance, fuel, food and just about anything else you can think of. I know one thing, that if you think the company is interested in your welfare, you are sadly mistaken. They are like all big businesses and think only about there big fat bonuses and bottom line profits. Leo has fullfilled the &quot;vision&quot; by finding a buyer for this tired company. Now he wants to further his vision and hold back on OT, sickdays, personal days, delay pay, etc. so he can fill his pockets. So has taking a risk with Leo's &quot;vision&quot; paid off, if we haven't seen our just reward? :duh:

I think it comforts some people just to say, look at this union company or that one that is bad or gone. There are literally 1000's of business' going bankrupt or closing each week. MY bet is that 95% are non union companies. But hey, that 5% are going under, so I guess we'll all go under too.

Let's be honest here ...

UPS is nowhere near going under !

The points made about these smaller outfits folding are irrelevant to the UPSF situation .

Proud Overniter said:
can they promise us the same benefits the current CF employees are enjoying?

oops, my bad, there are no current CF employees

There are also no current Overnite employees either.
To answer your question, They all got the same benefits package they were getting at CF.

I hope the truth does not hurt too much

We already know Leo's vision. OT after forty in 2009. True not a joke. Let me guess proper delay pay in 2020. Regular sick days in 2025. Maybe even brakedown pay in 2030.

Proud Overniter said:
you say management calls the shots and in turn they take all the risk....the unions want the rewards with no risk...you ever studied the concept of risk versus reward??

PO,

the union doesn't want any rewards. The union is us, the common working man. We don't want any rewards either. Just fair pay and benefits for the hard work we do. Fair treatment and respect, just like management demands from us. Protection of seniority rights. A defined set of work rules that can't be changed at the drop of a hat. Seriously, does any of this sound unreasonable?

Boats said:
We already know Leo's vision. OT after forty in 2009. True not a joke. Let me guess proper delay pay in 2020. Regular sick days in 2025. Maybe even brakedown pay in 2030.

Cool, The next generation of drivers will get it. See our hard work has paid off.:biglaugh:

HEAVY-METAL said:
It's not a secret where I stand on the union. I just want to see what kind of feedback I get to my question. Just straight-up answers. No slamming. No &quot;spin&quot;, please.

&quot;What can the union &quot;PROMISE&quot; me? In writing.
They will promise you the world ..But they do not have to live up to anything ..Because they will never put anything in writing....Everything has to be negociated.....:duh:

I know all of you union supportes on here have good..

arguments for organizing.
You've pulled out all the stops,and have shared all of your positive unionizing ideas,with us poor unfortunate LTL UPS Freight haulers.

I know
also that you've been less than happy with my oppostion to your remarks.

But thats what makes up our world,
We'er not all the same,in that we all have different ideas to live our lives to the fullest.

I've posted that we aren't UPS.
Just the freight division,and if we were to sign the Teamsters union in to represent us,we will be a new union company,everything would start from scratch to develope a contract.
We wouldn't just fall into the NMFA thats in place for LTL companies that have been unionized from their buisness start ups.
But you all seem to by pass that issue.
You feel that if we would only sign up to be in the union,that UPS will welcome us with open arms.

But have you concidered this,that UPS our parent company is so big if we don't work out in their over all plan.
As much money as they've already invested could be recovered by liqudating our property,and equipment.
Than they could write off for taxes any monies lost.
while they try it with another non-union LTL company.

Maybe UPS is so big their not going to fold up.
But we'er only a very small part of their buisness structure up till now.
We could easily become a white-out spot on their buisness plan.

So as much as you union recruiters have offered your welcome to us in joining the Teamsters.
And you have all the confidence in the world that everything will work out for our best interests.

I for one say we have it pretty good working for UPS Freight in these hard economic times in our nations sluggish commerce.

Why rock the boat?

We should just do our best to prosper UPS Freight,and we will reap the fruits of our labor in increases as our company grows.

Apostolic said:
arguments for organizing.
You've pulled out all the stops,and have shared all of your positive unionizing ideas,with us poor unfortunate LTL UPS Freight haulers.

I know
also that you've been less than happy with my oppostion to your remarks.

But thats what makes up our world,
We'er not all the same,in that we all have different ideas to live our lives to the fullest.

I've posted that we aren't UPS.
Just the freight division,and if we were to sign the Teamsters union in to represent us,we will be a new union company,everything would start from scratch to develope a contract.
We wouldn't just fall into the NMFA thats in place for LTL companies that have been unionized from their buisness start ups.
But you all seem to by pass that issue.
You feel that if we would only sign up to be in the union,that UPS will welcome us with open arms.

But have you concidered this,that UPS our parent company is so big if we don't work out in their over all plan.
As much money as they've already invested could be recovered by liqudating our property,and equipment.
Than they could write off for taxes any monies lost.
while they try it with another non-union LTL company.

Maybe UPS is so big their not going to fold up.
But we'er only a very small part of their buisness structure up till now.
We could easily become a white-out spot on their buisness plan.

So as much as you union recruiters have offered your welcome to us in joining the Teamsters.
And you have all the confidence in the world that everything will work out for our best interests.

I for one say we have it pretty good working for UPS Freight in these hard economic times in our nations sluggish commerce.

Why rock the boat?

We should just do our best to prosper UPS Freight,and we will reap the fruits of our labor in increases as our company grows.

I Agree.....Well Said

Johnnybegood said:
They will promise you the world ..But they do not have to live up to anything ..Because they will never put anything in writing....Everything has to be negociated.....:duh:
Leo and UPS will do the same. Look at what's going on with MC. That's right people don't care as long as it's not affecting them.

Boats said:
Leo and UPS will do the same. Look at what's going on with MC. That's right people don't care as long as it's not affecting them.

We have a MC yard just down the street from us. Now tell me what is going on so bad and unjust with them?:duh:

Skeeter said:
We have a MC yard just down the street from us. Now tell me what is going on so bad and unjust with them?:duh:
I guess putting them on our free time plan is ok with you. That's right you never breakdown or get delayed. You like getting short changed for fueling,d/h,delay,sick days.:duh: :biglaugh:

Boats said:
I guess putting them on our free time plan is ok with you. That's right you never breakdown or get delayed. You like getting short changed for fueling,d/h,delay,sick days.:duh: :biglaugh:

I get paid very well and do very well. :smilie_132:

Do you get any breakdown pay? Christ I'd be pissed if I didn't. Was down for 4 1/2 hrs Friday. $100 for the big nap c'mon.

serta said:
Do you get any breakdown pay? Christ I'd be pissed if I didn't. Was down for 4 1/2 hrs Friday. $100 for the big nap c'mon.

Not enough to tie my pension up with the teamsters.:duh: