FedEx Freight | Know What You're Voting For

Status
Not open for further replies.
They BRING a LEGALLY recognized group of service providers (us) to the table. They BRING LEGALLY BINDING negotiating power. FedEX doesn't have to meet with YOU, or ME. They have to meet and NEGOTIATE in good faith with US (for the service WE PROVIDE), as an organized GROUP.

Not too hard to see the value in an organized workforce. Like it or not it's true.
You're dancing....what does that "legally recognized group of service providers" bring to the table to negotiate with on your behalf in exchange for whatever it is that you're asking for?

Wiseguys: Drawing Parallels Between the Mafia and Wall Street Persists

Ya pretty much got 2 sides to politics with degrees in between. Labor and big corporate banks.
Think we're bad?
Think cronycapitalism just relates to unions.

Look at what their side does.
Know what your voting for when ya vote against us.
Why dont ya see this stuff on TV or here it on your red white and blue sttations?
Cause they own the stations and DC. They also aint dedicated to people r nation. Just profits...with OUR nations Treasury money.
Them or us?
They wrote YRC's last MOU.
Leave them with the power they'll be making similar laws for everyone.
Read the stories in the side and go back and refresh different days.
They write the antiuniin agenda because globalism is their goal. That is not the uniin goal.
They teach calitalism in ways to benefit themselves.

Nope, no military. I respect all of those that have served...but what does that have to do with this topic?

You were saying in a previous post that you didn't have to join because of the right to work laws!!! I was just trying to show how you like to ride the coat tails of those who fought for this country and for the ones who are fighting now for better work environment with respect and better wages!!

You're dancing....what does that "legally recognized group of service providers" bring to the table to negotiate with on your behalf in exchange for whatever it is that you're asking for?

The legally recognized group, would be us. Representation provides a seat at the table, to bargain. THAT legal recognition AND an open door to THAT negotiating table is what don't have now. WHAT that brings is the strength of numbers. An Individual, or a group, who gets the better deal? The individual gets the "take it or leave it" response. In our case, a unified group has several options, other than shopping elsewhere.

matter of fact I do. thanks for asking. our new president of fedex freight that will start jan. 1st is also in charge of worldwide trade appointed by Obama. now you hate Obama as I do also. but the big questions is what's the difference? everybody whats to talk democrats and Obama, guess what our new president of fedex will be working for him also. does that mean you will now support Obama? I will not support Obama and never will but the good thing is he will be out in 2 more years will you still have a job at fedex in 2 more years? our corporate big wigs have damn good contracts with fedex and damn good ins. [life time]. don't you think you deserve at least life time ins. for trying to make a good life for your family and making this co. profitable. the way I see it yes all of this deserve it. i'm not talking about 2,3,4 hundred thousand dollars a year like they make. or the millions in bonuses no it would be nice but no I would like to have better ins. better pay and most of all less stress about losing my job cause I did something wrong. you say you don't trust the union cause of their past. guess what I don't trust fedex because of their past. fedex talks about how dirty the union is but when questioned about how dirty fedex is the can say only that they made mistakes we are trying to make things right. this only came out of their mouth after the union talk, before that it was if you don't like it find another job. when management does something wrong its always my bad, when you do something wrong your fired. even after talking to the union busters fedex hired they said that we had the momentum to go forward. if you want to believe in fedex lies that's fine but when it comes back and bites you in the ass don't beg for help cause their will be none for you.

I hope we don't get a contract like Bill C or Bill L!!!

It's called negotiations!!!!

When you go to buy a new car, you negotiate with the dealership, you don't just walk onto the lot and drive away with a new car just because you want it. You either bring cash, credit, a trade, or a combination of these to negotiate with in exchange for that new car!

Again, what does the union bring to the table to negotiate with in exchange for whatever it is that you're asking for?

I suggest when you attend you're next union meeting, you MIGHT want to ask?

When you go to by a car you negotiate knowing what the other car lots are selling the same car for. When you negotiate a contract for your services it's basically the same thing. If the competition is paying a certain wage why wouldn't you be able to get it, if the company is making more money that some say the competition is.

When you go to by a car you negotiate knowing what the other car lots are selling the same car for. When you negotiate a contract for your services it's basically the same thing. If the competition is paying a certain wage why wouldn't you be able to get it, if the company is making more money that some say the competition is.

Ol red is off in left field looking at the clouds.

You do assume that all the car lots have the same goals regarding profit margins, overhead costs, sales quotas, etc.

What you are willing to pay can vary.........if it is a class joint that provides free pickup and delivery for your car for its PM's for example........some might justify paying a little more for the same car than the place down the street that leaves the PM service to you and Jiffy Lube......others may not........

Car lots might vary on what their goals/bottom line price are........creating word of mouth, repeat sales, etc............if your offered price isnt in line with their goals, they can always say no thanks.....

You do assume that all the car lots have the same goals regarding profit margins, overhead costs, sales quotas, etc.

What you are willing to pay can vary.........if it is a class joint that provides free pickup and delivery for your car for its PM's for example........some might justify paying a little more for the same car than the place down the street that leaves the PM service to you and Jiffy Lube......others may not........

Car lots might vary on what their goals/bottom line price are........creating word of mouth, repeat sales, etc............if your offered price isnt in line with their goals, they can always say no thanks.....

af, would you also agree the a large group of "existing customers" might have a bit more clout in negotiating, than that lone customer, doing a little shopping? We are the existing customers in your scenario. We do have options to persuade the "dealership", before resorting to shopping elsewhere.

Oh, are you still getting the "Kraft" you required, early on?

Yes......I do agree with a premise such as that.......but who is to say that you arent currently enjoying that "familiarity" discount or will not enjoy it under the current circumstances any differently than you would with a "partner" to assist with the negotiation?

The "options" you speak of are quite vague. I can really only think of one. You wouldnt be speaking of a premise that you have repeatedly stated either wouldnt happen or would be highly unlikely, would you?

Yes sir.....I am still receiving the Kraft benefit. I am beginning to think that the difference may have come from the Veggie bucket though.......havent seen the Green Giant in several years.......LOL

The legally recognized group, would be us. Representation provides a seat at the table, to bargain. THAT legal recognition AND an open door to THAT negotiating table is what don't have now. WHAT that brings is the strength of numbers. An Individual, or a group, who gets the better deal? The individual gets the "take it or leave it" response. In our case, a unified group has several options, other than shopping elsewhere.
But your "strength in numbers" group brings nothing to the table that you don't already have! How do you plan to negotiate for something better when you have nothing to offer? They've already got you/us! Do you seriously think they're going to give you what you're asking for just because you ask for it?

Then under your analogy, if the dealership isn't willing to give you the deal you're looking for b/c the competition is offering a better deal, then you'll just go to another dealership and get what you want.
My point exactly, YRC, UPSF, and ABF are all currently hiring.

But your "strength in numbers" group brings nothing to the table that you don't already have! How do you plan to negotiate for something better when you have nothing to offer? They've already got you/us! Do you seriously think they're going to give you what you're asking for just because you ask for it?

You need to study how collective bargaining works. Here you go since you fail at the internet Collective bargaining - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You need to study how collective bargaining works. Here you go since you fail at the internet Collective bargaining - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
You obviously don't understand the meaning of the word "bargaining" or "to bargain".
Party one has to want something that party two possesses. In order to obtain what party two has, party one must be willing to give something in exchange.
What do you, party one, have to give in exchange for what the company, party two, has?

You obviously don't understand the meaning of the word "bargaining" or "to bargain".
Party one has to want something that party two possesses. In order to obtain what party two has, party one must be willing to give something in exchange.
What do you, party one, have to give in exchange for what the company, party two, has?
**facepalm**

What do you think LABOR Unions have been negotiating with for decades? Do you think the LABOR Unions had nothing the company needed from their workers?? I left you a couple subtle hints that maybe even you could catch on to...

Yes......I do agree with a premise such as that.......but who is to say that you arent currently enjoying that "familiarity" discount or will not enjoy it under the current circumstances any differently than you would with a "partner" to assist with the negotiation?

The "options" you speak of are quite vague. I can really only think of one. You wouldnt be speaking of a premise that you have repeatedly stated either wouldnt happen or would be highly unlikely, would you?

Yes sir.....I am still receiving the Kraft benefit. I am beginning to think that the difference may have come from the Veggie bucket though.......havent seen the Green Giant in several years.......LOL

No af, there are other option that we (as existing customers), have without going to the nuclear option. Not going to get into what they are, but being a smart guy, I think you can figure them out. I think they would be even more effective than "that other option", in bringing FedEx, enthusiastically to the "good faith" table.

I understand trade offs, but all situations don't require losses, to achieve gains, for the difficult to replace.

NO, not just because we ask for it. Currently we do not have any real avenue to speak to the powers that be. Open door policy does not extend far enough up the chain of command, to the decision makers, concerning our issues.

Even the Union Buster speaker had to concede that this movement is the best path to gain the ear of the Company. Without a unified voice, on-point message, AND the force of federal labor law to provide access to the negotiating table, we have little chance of success in having significant issues addressed. Representation provides access and clarity of message, and method.

If the company doesn't react to the pressure put on them, thus far, and continues with business as usual, this movement will return, stronger than ever. In the meantime, if you do some research, you'll learn that there are options short of a strike (fear 101), available to a unified and represented group, that are nearly impossible, going it alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
No af, there are other option that we (as existing customers), have without going to the nuclear option. Not going to get into what they are, but being a smart guy, I think you can figure them out. I think they would be even more effective than "that other option", in bringing FedEx, enthusiastically to the "good faith" table.

I understand trade offs, but all situations don't require losses, to achieve gains, for the difficult to replace.

Not really sure that I am all that smart, but I do recognize there are other actions that are available. While I know they are there, at the same time I would question their effectiveness. Again, I study history to form my opinions regarding future events.

In a "war of words" both sides gernerally end up looking pretty ridiculous in the eyes of the people that really matter....our customers...

NO, not just because we ask for it. Currently we do not have any real avenue to speak to the powers that be. Open door policy does not extend far enough up the chain of command, to the decision makers, concerning our issues.

Even the Union Buster speaker had to concede that this movement is the best path to gain the ear of the Company. Without a unified voice, on-point message, AND the force of federal labor law to provide access to the negotiating table, we have little chance of success in having significant issues addressed. Representation provides access and clarity of message, and method.

If the company doesn't react to the pressure put on them, thus far, and continues with business as usual, this movement will return, stronger than ever. In the meantime, if you do some research, you'll learn that there are options short of a strike (fear 101), available to a unified and represented group, that are nearly impossible, going it alone.
I disagree. The chain of command goes all the way to the top and I've personally used that chain to have issued addressed that pertain to me. Yes, most centers operate through the "good ole boy" network and some are even incompetent, but that doesn't mean you can't get results. Most employees start at the bottom of the chain and go in with complaints but offer no solutions, then stop when they get no results. I've found that if you offer a solution to your complaint, more times than not you'll get results, regardless of how far up the chain you may have to go. Also, the further up the chain you go, you'll realize that upper management has no knowledge as to the issues we're dealing with....could be the "good ole boys" covering up these issues, not sure, but you can get results. I recently had to take an issue to our Divisional HR rep and I asked him for a deadline of Dec 1st to provide me with an answer. I plan to call him on Mon and if he doesn't have an answer, I'll go above him.
I personally don't believe we need a unified voice, mine works just fine...for me. Guys should educate themselves on how to use the system and quit relying on others to do the work for them. You can get results, you just have to work a little!

I've done my research, and like aflifer, I also use history along with that research to formulate my opinions. IMO, looking at the collective bargaining laws set forth by our govt and the results from the Overnite/teamsters debacle, I just don't see a contract ever being ratified. I see employees at the centers that voted "yes" becoming impatient and frustrated with the long, drawn out process that it WILL become, along with the increases that the non-union centers will be enjoying, and eventually they'll vote the union out. This isn't the 70's...or even the 90's....this is now an "I want it yesterday" society that will not wait a couple years on a contract....and there's no laws or "options" that will force the company to ratify a contract any sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.