XPO | Laredo, TX Filed for Union Recognition

Drop a trailer? "1 point for you! Sign this paper"

Forget to chock a trailer? "1 point, sign this!"

Bump into another forklift on the dock? "Half point!

Set the camera off while your MP3 player is in your hand? "2 points! One more time and you're fired! Sign!!!"

And the crazy part is, they can't understand why morale is in the crapper...

Not chocking a trailer is a point? Uh-oh!

The cameras are saving them from liability and have already saved two people from being charged with accidents at our place. I think that conway has learned that we are not doing anything wrong, it's mostly the general public that is in the wrong. It is keeping them from being sued and they are saving money in that regard... and yes, i know they are saying things like 'look, your following too close and stuff' and that rubs some people the wrong way, but the cameras are here to stay.
..but, all that other stuff you just said, yeah, most of it is ridiculous. dropped trailers, forklifts, etc. etc.

And i know your going to have somebody come on here and say that we could get into legal trouble or be sued if they have us on camera doing something we're not supposed to be doing, that's fine, don't be doing anything that is going to cause you to have accident. dont' be texting, or anything else that will distract you. Because camera or not, you will be charged with an accident and maybe fined. Just do your job, and don't worry about the camera. I don't. Never have. nor have i ever seen a video of myself.

But by starting with such a large terminal, they do have a path to branch from.

It's gonna be the Latinos that carry this. And it will reach as far as they do.
On February 23, 1836, the arrival of General Antonio López de Santa Anna's army outside San Antonio nearly caught them by surprise. Undaunted, the Texians and Tejanos prepared to defend the Alamo together. The defenders held out for 13 days against Santa Anna's army.

William B. Travis, the commander of the Alamo sent forth couriers carrying pleas for help to communities in Texas. On the eighth day of the siege, a band of 32 volunteers from Gonzales arrived, bringing the number of defenders to nearly two hundred. Legend holds that with the possibility of additional help fading, Colonel Travis drew a line on the ground and asked any man willing to stay and fight to step over — all except one did.

As the defenders saw it, the Alamo was the key to the defense of Texas, and they were ready to give their lives rather than surrender their position to General Santa Anna. Among the Alamo's garrison were Jim Bowie, renowned knife fighter, and David Crockett, famed frontiersman and former congressman from Tennessee.

The final assault came before daybreak on the morning of March 6, 1836, as columns of Mexican soldiers emerged from the predawn darkness and headed for the Alamo's walls. Cannon and small arms fire from inside the Alamo beat back several attacks. Regrouping, the Mexicans scaled the walls and rushed into the compound.

Once inside, they turned a captured cannon on the Long Barrack and church, blasting open the barricaded doors. The desperate struggle continued until the defenders were overwhelmed. By sunrise, the battle had ended and Santa Anna entered the Alamo compound to survey the scene of his victory.

While the facts surrounding the siege of the Alamo continue to be debated, there is no doubt about what the battle has come to symbolize. People worldwide continue to remember the Alamo as a heroic struggle against impossible odds — a place where men made the ultimate sacrifice for freedom. For this reason, the Alamo remains hallowed ground and the Shrine of Texas Liberty.

And i know your going to have somebody come on here and say that we could get into legal trouble or be sued if they have us on camera doing something we're not supposed to be doing, that's fine, don't be doing anything that is going to cause you to have accident. dont' be texting, or anything else that will distract you. Because camera or not, you will be charged with an accident and maybe fined. Just do your job, and don't worry about the camera. I don't. Never have. nor have i ever seen a video of myself.

Canadian Con-way drivers have cameras that face out only ( so I'm told ) do you think the company is more likely to be sued? I wonder are the Canadian drivers worried or scared with only one camera facing out? Does Con-way in Canada make less money because their vacation wasn't taken away?

I'm sure they have had some positive situations with the cameras, but there are just as many people pissed off about it and looking for other jobs. I don't want a camera staring me in the face all night waiting for me to give them a reason to fire me. They could have the same positive result with a camera that only faces forward like Saia has.

I hit a bump while taking a drink out of my water bottle and got coached about it. Hit a pot-hole while changing songs on my MP3 player and got 2 points for it. Do you get points for changing stations on the radio? No, you don't. No difference at all.

Nothing positive is coming from the cameras that face the driver. Just a bunch of micromanagement that we don't need. And coming soon, that stuff they coach you on is going to result in writeups, not just coaching. So me taking a drink would have resulted in points, not just an idiotic coaching session from a guy who has never driven a truck before.

Not sure about the amount of points you get for forgetting a chock or running one over. The point is, a write-up is not warranted for pretty crap like that. I can understand it if the same guy does it multiple times, but otherwise it's heavy handed and just makes people not care about their job or the company anymore.

On February 23, 1836, the arrival of General Antonio López de Santa Anna's army outside San Antonio nearly caught them by surprise. Undaunted, the Texians and Tejanos prepared to defend the Alamo together. The defenders held out for 13 days against Santa Anna's army.

William B. Travis, the commander of the Alamo sent forth couriers carrying pleas for help to communities in Texas. On the eighth day of the siege, a band of 32 volunteers from Gonzales arrived, bringing the number of defenders to nearly two hundred. Legend holds that with the possibility of additional help fading, Colonel Travis drew a line on the ground and asked any man willing to stay and fight to step over — all except one did.

As the defenders saw it, the Alamo was the key to the defense of Texas, and they were ready to give their lives rather than surrender their position to General Santa Anna. Among the Alamo's garrison were Jim Bowie, renowned knife fighter, and David Crockett, famed frontiersman and former congressman from Tennessee.

The final assault came before daybreak on the morning of March 6, 1836, as columns of Mexican soldiers emerged from the predawn darkness and headed for the Alamo's walls. Cannon and small arms fire from inside the Alamo beat back several attacks. Regrouping, the Mexicans scaled the walls and rushed into the compound.

Once inside, they turned a captured cannon on the Long Barrack and church, blasting open the barricaded doors. The desperate struggle continued until the defenders were overwhelmed. By sunrise, the battle had ended and Santa Anna entered the Alamo compound to survey the scene of his victory.

While the facts surrounding the siege of the Alamo continue to be debated, there is no doubt about what the battle has come to symbolize. People worldwide continue to remember the Alamo as a heroic struggle against impossible odds — a place where men made the ultimate sacrifice for freedom. For this reason, the Alamo remains hallowed ground and the Shrine of Texas Liberty.

Sooooo , is Con-way the Mexican general or is the Union the Mexican general?

If they do so what, there comes a time when enough is enough. I quit last year and I have not missed a meal. I have seen plenty of opportunities for employment. You are needed at other decent LTL company's.

Canadian Con-way drivers have cameras that face out only ( so I'm told ) do you think the company is more likely to be sued? I wonder are the Canadian drivers worried or scared with only one camera facing out? Does Con-way in Canada make less money because their vacation wasn't taken away?

IDK how the camera relates to vacation pay, but all i'm saying is they are here to stay..that's all i'm saying. Do your job and you won't ever have a problem.

I'm sure they have had some positive situations with the cameras, but there are just as many people pissed off about it and looking for other jobs. I don't want a camera starting me in the face all night waiting for me to give them a reason to fire me. They could have the same positive result with a camera that only faces forward like Saia has.

I hit a bump while taking a drink out of my water bottle and got coached about it. Hit a pot-hole while changing songs on my MP3 player and got 2 points for it. Do you get points for changing stations on the radio? No, you don't. No difference at all.

Nothing positive is coming from the cameras that face the driver. Just a bunch of micromanagement that we don't need. And coming soon, that stuff they coach you on is going to result in writeups, not just coaching. So me taking a drink would have resulted in points, not just an idiotic coaching session from a guy who has never driven a truck before.

Not sure about the amount of points you get for forgetting a chock or running one over. The point is, a write-up is not warranted for pretty crap like that. I can understand it if the same guy does it multiple times, but otherwise it's heavy handed and just makes people not care about their job or the company anymore.
It shouldn't be keeping the video unless you are following too close.

If they do so what, there comes a time when enough is enough. I quit last year and I have not missed a meal. I have seen plenty of opportunities for employment. You are needed at other decent LTL company's.

Yes, there are plenty of jobs out there. You are so right about that.

I'm sure they have had some positive situations with the cameras, but there are just as many people pissed off about it and looking for other jobs. I don't want a camera staring me in the face all night waiting for me to give them a reason to fire me. They could have the same positive result with a camera that only faces forward like Saia has.

I think every cmv should have a camera in it. Just like a Police car. If only facing out. It would eliminate a lot of accidents, because people would be careful.

IDK how the camera relates to vacation pay, but all i'm saying is they are here to stay..that's all i'm saying. Do your job and you won't ever have a problem.
Yes the cameras are here , now.

Again do you think Con-way is more likely to be sued in Canada if the cameras only face out?

To Up North or any other Canadian driver : Are you scared or worried with NO CAMERA FACING YOU?

The vacation difference between Canada and US matters because it's one more change that we were told was necessary for the Con-way. Was it?

Yes the cameras are here , now.

Again do you think Con-way is more likely to be sued in Canada if the cameras only face out?

To Up North or any other Canadian driver : Are you scared or worried with NO CAMERA FACING YOU?

The vacation difference between Canada and US matters because it's one more change that we were told was necessary for the Con-way. Was it?
I don't think facing in or out would make that much difference..the real proof is outward facing, but yeah, i get your point..outfacing only would do just as good. your right.

And the canadian vacation thingy..idk anything about.

Regardless, the point is that Con-Way didn't seem to have any trouble finding or keeping drivers until the cameras and lean came on the scene. I don't believe it's a coincidence, either.

Regardless, the point is that Con-Way didn't seem to have any trouble finding or keeping drivers until the cameras and lean came on the scene. I don't believe it's a coincidence, either.

Oh no, I totally agree, it was the final nail in the coffin for a lot of people. But, if they'd stayed, they would've seen it's not really a big deal at all. I'm just saying it's not enough to make me quit.