Yellow | layoffs

I'm in the Teamsters Union, and I vote! I actually think there are a lot more that agree with me than you think.

And I'm not Repub. I'm in the Constitution Party.

Actually, it's a pretty easy decision, jobswise.

The Liberal Senate has already passed the Amnesty plan for illegals. Only the Conservative House stopped it. Elect Dems to run the House, and we're the North American Mexican wing of the Mexican government by next year. No union jobs then............

Same with the taxcuts. Wall Street is happy with stability. Raise taxes, there's no investment-- no union construction jobs, no buying. Like it or not, economics 101 says low taxes are the best friend of the working man.

Rangle has also said that since he will control the purse-strings, he'd cut off all funding for Iraq, making us pull out. That would then allow Iran to combine with Iraq in a Greater-Pershia type Shiiite government. Think about two things-- 9/11 and gasoline prices.

I was laid off , along with 57 others on Yellow's city dock because of 9/11. Think about how a Great Pershia could cause a 9/11 every day in this nation, because in part to no security at the border?

Also, since our trucks run on fuel. How far would we go with prices around $100 @ gallon, since a Greater Pershia would control the Saudias, the Southern Ubecistans, Jordon, Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, and all their oil and the Straights of Hormoz??????

All this affects Teamster jobs. There's a lot more to this stuff than voting for a Dem......(or a Repub that votes like a Dem like Bush does for that matter....)

jimmy g said:
government. Think about two things-- 9/11 and gasoline prices.
think about two things,revenues and spending seriously increasing federal debt disrupting financial markets and economy,don't throw 911 in our faces,you republicans have a nasty habit of throwing in the scare tactic,it does not work!! tax cuts must be balanced against the costs of borrowing by the treasury to finance the tax cuts. not only must this borrowing be repaid with interest,mostly to foreign lenders,this carries a negative economic effect by driving interest rates up while public and private business growth will slow,that equals layoffs for you and I...

If you would like to debate economics or reaganomics,that is my best subject!! lets debate,I think I can match ya my friend!!!

I just want to say,neither the Republican Party or Democratic Party really listen to you or I,its the one with the big fat deep pockets that get the attention! :ranting:

anyways the layoffs have started,its that time of the year,its all over but the crying just hoping for a better new year!:sleep:

nuff said,lets get out and vote!

Who taught you economics?

jimmy g said:
The quickest way to get 1/4 of our board on layoff is to elect Dems to control the House of Reps. Charlie Rangle has already said he'll work to repeal the taxcuts, and then people have no incentive or money to buy and invest. There would go most of our jobs, for no one would buy things........

Think about it before Tuesday......

Who taught you economics, Ronald Reagan?
If you give a guy making 500 million a year a year an extra 50 million in tax cuts, all he is going to do with it is send it to his investment advisor with a note saying do something with this please. He already has so much money in excess of his needs, it doesn't get spent, only saved. Take the same 50 million, give it to a million average everyday people, they are going to to run to the store to buy their kid the shoes they've been putting off, or going out to eat as a family treat. The thing that kills me is the Republicans are in power because there are so many people that base their vote on getting an extra $50 back in their taxes, not realizing that when they get $50, the rich get millions. The middles class disappears as the economy wains and it gets crappier for all of us working people. If it wasn't for all the "wannabe" rich people, we wouldn't have our childrens futures being handed away to rich Americans and foreign investors. Its your mentality thats causing the decline in middle class America and union membership. Instead of me standing on my soap box, explaining the past 30 years of administration in the US and the need to get Republicans out of control, I will suggest you read the book "Screwed", its about the fall of middle class America. If you would like more specific info on how our present administration is screwing our country hard, catch me on the road, when I have 4 or 5 hours to talk beyond that. The bottom line in US politics is that it doesn't matter who the president is. He is only a puppet. If you make more than $200,000 a year, you'll benefit by voting Republican, if you make less, you'll benefit more by voting Democrat. This only applies to major elections, not local elections.

Come on people, Lets get off the political crap and keep this thread about what its supposed to be about!

profjt said:
Come on people, Lets get off the political crap and keep this thread about what its supposed to be about!
Your right,this type of discussion should be on the "POLITICS" forum.:Rulz:

Corn Bread said:
Did Ghostrider get the ax?

I'm not really sure if he got laid off or not. If I had to guess I would say "Yes". That Ghostrider got laid off. That makes a total of 20 drivers laid off.

Corn Bread said:
Your right,this type of discussion should be on the "POLITICS" forum.:Rulz:

If that's really the way you think, why'd YOU start it then? Every one of my posts after your post#21 was in direct retort to YOUR political post. Ghostrider asked "Anyone got an APB on the great economy?"

And you retorted:

CornBread said:
It won't happen until we make a change at the congressional level and higher up!!

Then you asked to have comments kept to layoffs and facts, and posted a link about Iraq??????????:ranting2: :ranting2:

All I can say is: Be careful what you ask for, my friend.

Back to the subject: Mixture of OT and CC's glaore at Indy-- depends on timing.......they offered me two hours early this morning (I couldn't go)-- they kept me 1 1/2 hours over tonight. As I was walking out the door, they let 8 guys go home on CC.

eaglescout said:
Maybe its time for a change in the contract. The senior men might disagree because the have had to pay there dues, to get privilages and I might have a hard time if I was at the top and been thru it. We have men that are in the middle that are working 12 - 13 hours every day and this time could be divided up so that the junior men work every day. The top guys at our job are great because they realize that us newbies help take the load off so to speak. They do not want to work 50 or 55 hours a week. Maybe we can come up with some type of solution that works for the senior as well as bottom men. Is not this what the union is about the brothers and sisters sticking together for a better workplace?

You know that sounds logical. IF your people will stand behind you. I tried filed under article 58 if I remember right, hours abuse, to try to get more bids. We went into the hearing and the grievance was withdrawn, never even heard, never even tried. That sucks, when your left to hang or atleast it felt that way.

A few times I heard to not work OT (during a layoff), and I stopped. Then I looked around and saw the top guys were there on Double-Time (plus holiday pay on one occasion); and I was the only one not working the OT. Obviously we weren't getting people called back. So the next time I worked as well. It takes a Team to be Teamsters-- not just one.

After 9/11 I documented work for the steward and tried to get the TM (at that time) to post more bids/call people back. All I got was grief that I cost one guy the steward's election, and immediately after we had to start filling out hours of service cards-- which many blamed on me since I did the complaining that men were working 70-80 hours a week on city 60 hour rules with guys laid off. 5 years later, I'm still the bad guy to some.

All I can really say is Good Luck to those that get the axe. Find another job to make ends meet while you're off. I'll say a prayer for you. But I don't see where the Teamsters are doing anything to help-- especially if they vote for people that will ruin the economy.......

(Note to all, since it keeps getting mistakenly reported that I'm a Repub-- I'm not! I told you what I was back on the earlier pages....on a side note-- I'm voting a write-in for Senate opposing Lugar; and a Union Worker no less. The Constitution Party's candidate is a laborer at Carrier Air Conditioning in Indy. How many of your guys candidates are in a union?)

jimmy g said:
Then you asked to have comments kept to layoffs and facts, and posted a link about Iraq??????????:ranting2: :ranting2:

See there you go again...distorting the facts! see the pasted quote below,I didn't ask! profjt did, I just politely replied that he was correct that the discussion should be in the political forum and I was finished,done,putting in simple terms that you can understand....I aint talkin about it here no more!!! But we can move the discussion over to the "political forum" I would be very happy to continue the explosive intellectual energy that you so desire!

Originally Posted by profjt

nuff said!!
P.S. I did my duty and VOTED this morning!!!

hey cornbread

got the letter today----laidoff hoss but heck that only means more time with momma and the kids right//
ITS HUNTING SEASON AND WINTER TIME WHAT BETTER TIME TO NOT BE DRIVING A DAND TRUCK!!!!!!!
oh well so much for having some put back for a rainy day!!
and cornbread just because jimmy g has a different oppinion doesnt make him right or wrong thats what makes this country so great
i have a daughter who just got out of the marine corp 4 years active all over this illbegotten world and she says she would do it allover again if she had to// semper fi

The bottom of our board has been touch and go for awhile. We just had a driver resign after 3 years on the board because he was working very much. It's been strange theser last few years. Seems like the freight will run pretty steady for awhile and then it dries up for awhile. Fortunately I'm working all I want. But it hasn't been that long since I was at the bottom sitting around and twidling my thumbs waiting for the phone to ring. It doers seem like the guy with three years in already aren't working as much as I did with the same amount of time in. I guess I just got lucky and hired on at the right time.

Still none laid off on Indy dock. Still using causuals. A LOT Slower than it was, but some OT is still possible. CC's today.......Last year KC wanted us to lay off, and our TM stood up to them and wouldn't do it. I think he'll hold off as long as he can-- he seems to care about his people for real....as long as CC's work, we all hang on!