XPO | Lets go union now!

Are you talking about us getting protection and perks? We don't get any perks. Everyone that signs the cards gets the same protection. Nobody gets anything different than the next guy. There are laws that protect everyone from retaliation from the company. Thats it there are no little deals for us.

are you insane or tired and not thinking clearly. i apreciate differnt opinions and was stating mine im dead set against the little deals and the appearance of possible rats like the driving trainers. can u even read. I'm not dead set against or for any movement and that put's me in with the majority your never going to gain a majority if ignorance and insults are all you can come up with. tell me why I'm wrong and beat me over the head with some info or waste my time with you're juvenile ignorance. I blame myself for not being able to get to a meeting because I'm slowly realizing this is not helpful for your cause or mine correction i don't have a cause still looking with an open mind like most of us.
reread your post,just want to say again,duh,duh,duh,if you really haven't made up your mind maybe you better reread your post,it's absolutely stupid,nice try kool-aid boy!

management is in control more mature and better educated.any bottomfeeder that goes in with the senior drivers and their union assault on common sense is just a soon to be disappointed pawn.everyone at xco just sux up to get their own little deals.during our meetings did you here any senior driver mention that its wrong u get no 401 nope they got theirs i think that will be the endgame with the union everbody with 10+years will get a raise and you'll get laughed at again. think about who your unionizing with fellow bottomfeeders they will cut your throat for a new truck or your loads or an employee of the month award.heck one of the biggest organizers who secretly hands out cards is proud to be a trainer and rat instead of loading his outbound lane.way to fight the power u suck--- i apologize but it bothers me.someone should give him one of his cards back in front of the TM.
you want me to wine and dine you,you ask for facts,i'm the fact giver buddy,we're the ONLY carrier that didn't give their employees a raise(competitors)ups frt,od,abf,fedx,d. pyle,all raises,for the last 2 yrs,we just got back our pay from 3 yrs ago,fedx,medical $19.96 wk for FULL family coverage,ups frt $27,cnwy $85 for me and 2 kids ...(ps..couldn't afford it had to take the GARBAGE FUND PLAN),UPS FRT-PENSION,YRC-PENSION,D. PYLE-PENSION,cnwy-no pension,fedx-not sure,fedx-top rt $24.88,r&l 26.50,ups frt $26,cnwy $23.55,d. pyle higher not sure exact rate,now you show me some numbers mouth!

Their are talks about ups bidding on getting Conway Freight now byeing them out! That would be great also!

Thats a rumor that comes up over and over again, year after year. I seriously doubt thats going to happen. If Brown was going to buy anyone, they would probably buy out YRC. YRC stock is much cheaper than ours.

are you insane or tired and not thinking clearly. i apreciate differnt opinions and was stating mine im dead set against the little deals and the appearance of possible rats like the driving trainers. can u even read. I'm not dead set against or for any movement and that put's me in with the majority your never going to gain a majority if ignorance and insults are all you can come up with. tell me why I'm wrong and beat me over the head with some info or waste my time with you're juvenile ignorance. I blame myself for not being able to get to a meeting because I'm slowly realizing this is not helpful for your cause or mine correction i don't have a cause still looking with an open mind like most of us.

Then CRAP OR GET OFF THE POT, bottomfeeder!! Sooner or later that little turd is gonna have to fall out of your arse, and you're gonna have to make a decision.

Some people dont want a union. They have health car and home insurance home security systems. Some have guns and carry premitts all of this is protection none of this is possible without a job. So why would not want to protect your job. Not having a thrid party would be like having someone brake in your house and tell you not to call the police. You dont need that third party involed hes just going to take a little from you then be gone

Some people dont want a union. They have health car and home insurance home security systems. Some have guns and carry premitts all of this is protection none of this is possible without a job. So why would not want to protect your job. Not having a thrid party would be like having someone brake in your house and tell you not to call the police. You dont need that third party involed hes just going to take a little from you then be gone

ltl10: I can't tell if you're for or against the Union coming in, but that's part of what the Union provides..security and protection. Security and protection from management that has gone amok in recent times. Need I cite all the examples?

yes I am for the union. Im trying point out that they have all this other protection but dont seem to want job protection

yes I am for the union. Im trying point out that they have all this other protection but dont seem to want job protection

We all decide for our families/selves how much protection we want and how much we are willing to pay for it. Some people have personal bodyguards, some people sleep with a gun under their pillow, some rely completely on the ability of the police. Some people have $2M life insurance policies, others $100K. For many of us our own work ethics and the labor laws are all the job protection we want.

It use to be that way but here in that last few yrs. Ive seen quite a few guy's with good work ethics canned for BS.If I were to guess SC I'd say you are from a smaller barn,every terminal runs different,to many different rules from barn to barn,I'd like to see one contract and one set of rules for everyone.
We all decide for our families/selves how much protection we want and how much we are willing to pay for it. Some people have personal bodyguards, some people sleep with a gun under their pillow, some rely completely on the ability of the police. Some people have $2M life insurance policies, others $100K. For many of us our own work ethics and the labor laws are all the job protection we want.

I have also seen goood workers gone over nothing .there is no loyalty what happen to that ? In a right to work state you can be let go for anything

what labor law? right to work, at-will employment law "at will"; that is, the employer is free to discharge individuals "for good cause, or bad cause, or no cause at all,"

It use to be that way but here in that last few yrs. Ive seen quite a few guy's with good work ethics canned for BS. If I were to guess SC I'd say you are from a smaller barn,every terminal runs different,to many different rules from barn to barn,I'd like to see one contract and one set of rules for everyone.

I'm not a Con-Way employee. I am an employer in the LTL industry but not a carrier. When I was employed by LTL carriers I started at a little 25 door barn and later 270+ doors. We even had a 3 door terminal in my region where the TM was the Account Mgr, Dispatcher and Office Manager. One lady was the payroll clerk, os&d clerk, notify clerk and customer service. The drivers were I/B, P&D and O/B. Can't have the same work rules for everyone. Also need to consider the cost of living differences...making the same wage in Omaha will get you HALF as far as it will in San Francisco or Manhattan.

Ideally, a P&D driver (for example) should be able to enjoy the same standard of living as his brethren all across the United States. How would you handle that? Or, if you don't think that should be the case, why should somebody with the same skillset and education (formal as well as life/work experiences) live just above poverty "here", but like a king "there"?

Your not a conway employee so you dont have a clue. P&d also break I/B and O/B fright road drivers work cross dock at night we do not have dock workers . The driver dose everything here we even dispatch our self . So yes we can have the same rules

yeah,along with lower pay,higher ins premiums,less runs,get a clue,better go to the store your runnin low on bleach for your shirt