Holland | Losing Drivers

CO we have lost 3 to UPS. We have more looking to make a move, in fact I have accepted employment at another company and will be gone in a few weeks.! I should have applied and left this ship when I was told to get on board or go somewhere else.! I am going somewhere else and honestly looking forward to leaving. It's going to feel strange walking into this hell hole today knowing that it's about over for me. I will miss the guys that I have worked with for so many years, but I will not miss the Holland that we have become, a YRC nightmare.!!! I am wishing the very best to each of you...!!!

This is a shame. When i worked at Alvan Holland was the place to be it was a top notch company. I didn't go back to trucking when alvan went out and kinda glad i didn't. I wish all you guys good luck and hopefully this will get back to the way it was but not looking to good.

I don't know where they are getting the drivers, but I sure am running into a lot of new faces out there and when I look at the log in sheet many drivers with numbers in the high 3xxxx. I also talk to many new guys during the van rides and checking into the motels and many of them are very happy. I guess a job that some guys think has gone down hill to far to stick around for thrill some other guys to get?

Think it might be a lot of newer guys don't know what it ws like 15 years ago out here. And with all the crap jobs out there it would still be a decent place to work.

Why should Driver's stay ??? really think about it , what is their to stay for , pay -NOT, pension-NOT, more vacation time -NOT, nice trucks -NOT , nice clean uniforms-NOT , nice clean & Happy work place-NOT , ok only reason as the yes voters said " I'am to OLD to start over " !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They lost me last Friday!!!

I agree one hundred percent! If you never had it better, than it is a whole lot better than a lot of the bad jobs out there.

Think it might be a lot of newer guys don't know what it ws like 15 years ago out here. And with all the crap jobs out there it would still be a decent place to work.

After I thought about it, maybe I should not have posted that?.....I don't know if anyone has ever agreed on here before?
I agree one hundred percent! If you never had it better, than it is a whole lot better than a lot of the bad jobs out there.

I had a union driving job at age 20, then after 7yrs, moved south. Spent about 18yrs trying to find something comparable to what I had, that included a couple big names in LTL. Finally ended up at Holland, it's not perfect but, it's a whole lot better than most. Trust me, the grass ain't all that green out there. The jobs just aren't what they use to be

Holland is definitely better than what I had. The equipment at the the prior job was way worse, **** poor management that treated you like crap while you drove their crap trucks and delivered their crap freight, poor benefits, all straight time. Is the Holland of today like it was before YRC intervened? No. But there is worse out there.

Holland is definitely better than what I had. The equipment at the the prior job was way worse, **** poor management that treated you like crap while you drove their crap trucks and delivered their crap freight, poor benefits, all straight time. Is the Holland of today like it was before YRC intervened? No. But there is worse out there.
Are you in the city? All our newer city guys really like it here. The long timers complain that it isn't what it use to be (understandable) but, all they have to compare it to is the old Holland..lol

Are you in the city? All our newer city guys really like it here. The long timers complain that it isn't what it use to be (understandable) but, all they have to compare it to is the old Holland..lol

Yes, city P&D, low man on totem pole...

This place is Holland in name only!!!!!! There is no way this place will ever scratch the surface of what it was. Everybody keeps saying they need to get our pay back up and Things will be all better, isn't gonna happen, never in a million years will we get what we have gave up back! Sorry for the doom and gloom but it is what it is, and that's what YRC wants!!!! They could care less if this place makes it or not, all this crap about trying to keep drivers from leaving and how can we get guys to come to work here is crap!!!!! Smoke and mirrors and nothing more! Truth be known the plan they have for us is probably right on track, like a run away train!! Good guys keep leavings and at the end it will be turned around to where it was us who ruined Holland not YRC!!!!!! At least that's how they will portray it! I don't believe a freaking thing these people say, liars and thiefs and nothing more!!!! Has anything they have told us about equipment or anything else been true, hell no!!!

This place is Holland in name only!!!!!! There is no way this place will ever scratch the surface of what it was. Everybody keeps saying they need to get our pay back up and Things will be all better, isn't gonna happen, never in a million years will we get what we have gave up back! Sorry for the doom and gloom but it is what it is, and that's what YRC wants!!!! They could care less if this place makes it or not, all this crap about trying to keep drivers from leaving and how can we get guys to come to work here is crap!!!!! Smoke and mirrors and nothing more! Truth be known the plan they have for us is probably right on track, like a run away train!! Good guys keep leavings and at the end it will be turned around to where it was us who ruined Holland not YRC!!!!!! At least that's how they will portray it! I don't believe a freaking thing these people say, liars and thiefs and nothing more!!!! Has anything they have told us about equipment or anything else been true, hell no!!!

I feel your pain brother, kick the can down the road till next give-back, drink the VOTE YES KOOL-AID!

Think again

If you had 25 PAID IN when YRC stopped,wait 5 years,THEN go to ABF,After 180 days in you will start the clock again at 25,where you left off,not at 30.

rumor has it a couple new guys are suppose to be starting in AP the next couple weeks. That will be the first new guys this year! Wonder if they stick around, it will be interesting to see!

CO, 4 UPS, 1 Dayton freight, 1 Walmart and another new guy said the hell with this and turned in his notice. Welch said to get on board or just go.....I guess some of us got the hint.! My last day is Thursday, I wonder how many are about to leave that we don't even know about.!

CO, 4 UPS, 1 Dayton freight, 1 Walmart and another new guy said the hell with this and turned in his notice. Welch said to get on board or just go.....I guess some of us got the hint.! My last day is Thursday, I wonder how many are about to leave that we don't even know about.!
No wonder they can't get linehaul freight out till 1-2am..jeez

Ever make you wonder why ABF would hire someone just so they could get there pension back to 100% , think about that? The sooner the fund is broke the less money they will be paying out!! I know I'm gonna get it on this one!! Butttt, I had to throw it out there !! Kinda like riding down the road and just wanting to flip that splitter button on your shifter up and down, lol I just had to do it!!!

No wonder they can't get linehaul freight out till 1-2am..jeez

Last Friday night at 11:30 pm we still had 21 trailers to break, no empty trailers and a dock packed with freight hard to break trailers when there is no place to put the freight coming off the trailers. It's hard to get the line haul drivers out when there was only 9 of us working. Drivers room was almost to the point of standing room only. City drivers were coming in and getting on forklifts and trying to help dig us out, but they were hitting 60 hrs and worked until they had to clock out. I didn't get to leave until 3 am. There was still a handfull of drivers waiting on there paper work....! Saturday morning at 3 am and they were just getting ready to start their work day.!!!

I have to admit that Thursday was a hard day for me.! It sunk in that it is about over, I will not miss the Holland that we have become, but to the men and women that I have worked with as a line haul driver and a city/ dock/yard, I will miss them. I am on vacation next week and I go back for three days...done. The count now is UPS 4, Wal-mart 2, Dayton freight 1 not counting the new hires that just come and go..!!