Holland | Losing Drivers

Why should Driver's stay ??? really think about it , what is their to stay for , pay -NOT, pension-NOT, more vacation time -NOT, nice trucks -NOT , nice clean uniforms-NOT , nice clean & Happy work place-NOT , ok only reason as the yes voters said " I'am to OLD to start over " !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I guess that I wasn't quite THAT old yet. And for all of the above reasons I said.......:eck13:

"Take a good swift kiss..........."

There is a gal in charge of service in Michigan now, I called her and she said they were having ongoing discussions with Volvo about what to do with it, ..................
Just a thought. Make sure the water is deep enough. lol

target-truck.bmp

If I started my work week Wednesday morning my wife would make me get a part time job! That's a fact Jack!
I'm set to be off on Monday and Tuesday, back to work on Wednesday...your wife would only have to put up with you for 48 hrs.
Where are you working that it requires a trainer?

Yes a trainer rides along for a week. The on-board computer does it all, he just sits in the jump seat and walks you through the computer stuff. It runs your dispatch info., gives you GPS directions right to the driveway of where your going, tells you in advance of accidents and road closures in your path. Does your payroll, and other stuff that I haven't even done with it yet.! I let the trainer drive as much as he wanted to, sitting in the jump seat, I could tell that it was getting to him. He drove for about two hours a day. When I punched in arrive, the shop manager knew that the unit was in the yard and a service was due. I went to work for wal-mart, getting nothing added to my pension and giving them another 84,000. of my pay until I retire isn't going to happen. I don't believe in the I'm to old guy because I don't buy into the YRC B.S., I'm going to dump that money into a 401k or a Roth plan...!

I was driving south of Memphis in my four wheeler, man is that one big terminal OD is building down on I55. Probably will have a couple drivers go over there?

It seems that nothing here is getting any better. I got calls from two more of the guys that they will be pre-trip/road testing within the next couple of weeks for Wal-Mart. They both told me that there are five more in the hiring process at UPS. The first to leave passed me going north bound as I was headed south last week. I guess I'm going to have to get my cb out of the garage so I can talk to the guys now and then. Now there starting to lose more of the older drivers...Warden Welch won't have enough of the freight guys left to train the newbe's, that's okay, they have managers for the managers that manage the dock walkers who are hardly ever on the dock when you need one of them. These highly trained ( brain washed ) managers can handle anything...except doing their jobs...! I heard that the new trailers are starting to show up...at least there is a positive note getting the equipment that is so badly needed...lets see how many and if the power units even show up in enough numbers to make a difference.

From what I have read on the Walmart form, their med & dental insurance costs $69/wk and has a $5,000 deductible then only pays at 70% after deductible.

That's a big hit to take when you leave Holland.

I've just interviewed with walmart and they have probably 20 plans to choose from for Ins. yes you will pay for it but you can get the plan that fits you and your family.

I've just interviewed with walmart and they have probably 20 plans to choose from for Ins. yes you will pay for it but you can get the plan that fits you and your family.
Well picking a plan that fits your family's needs is a whacky idea.(obamacare)

My best freinds brother is on a 3500 deductible plan, that was a major factor in me canceling my walmart interview a couple months ago.

I often wonder if one guy makes 2000 a week and takes home 1500 and another guy makes 1700 and takes home 1400, which guy has it better, especially if you have kids in college and the get less financial aid or something like that.

I often wonder if one guy makes 2000 a week and takes home 1500 and another guy makes 1700 and takes home 1400, which guy has it better, especially if you have kids in college and the get less financial aid or something like that.

I take home $1400/wk AND we get free cheese doodles :)

From what I have read on the Walmart form, their med & dental insurance costs $69/wk and has a $5,000 deductible then only pays at 70% after deductible.

That's a big hit to take when you leave Holland.

Your paying for yours too. Where do you think that 15% is going!

Just subtract what your giving up at 15% from the annual insurance cost and the total deductable if you have to use it and see what you have left.