Holland | Losing Drivers

We had another new road driver start in AP last night.....hope he doesn't run into any tree's!

Something is wrong there. My daughter and son in law have Obama care. There insurance pays better than Central States. Lower copays lower deductible and other.

At our place it doesn't matter anyway because if you are breaking a trailer and a supervisor thinks its taking to long they will just sign you out of the computer like it is complete.This place has been padding the numbers for years.

That's a fact. But Holland management has become "the good old boys club" from top to bottom. They won't police each other and correct their problems. Instead they just cover for each other no matter what happens. With no oversight from the top dogs, the rest just keep the issues hidden. That's been a huge problem there for years. The regional level managers don't have the sack to correct issues when it's brought to their attention. The members of the good old boys club stay loyal to their members by staying silent. No one is held accountable, therefore you have a sinking ship.

That's a fact. But Holland management has become "the good old boys club" from top to bottom. They won't police each other and correct their problems. Instead they just cover for each other no matter what happens. With no oversight from the top dogs, the rest just keep the issues hidden. That's been a huge problem there for years. The regional level managers don't have the sack to correct issues when it's brought to their attention. The members of the good old boys club stay loyal to their members by staying silent. No one is held accountable, therefore you have a sinking ship.

Don't you have some "comments" to post on the Political board or something else to do besides continually rubbing salt in wounds here?!

So now I'm convinced.....you don't want ANY posts on this forum hey? You sure are a thin skinned sissy aren't you? (Gosh, I hope that don't hurt your feelings also)

So now I'm convinced.....you don't want ANY posts on this forum hey? You sure are a thin skinned sissy aren't you? (Gosh, I hope that don't hurt your feelings also)
Easy Flash. I sort of disagree with ya pale. Most of the good old boys are gone. Good example, not taking anything from these two young men, these guys were 4 hour casuals last year. One is opp's manager and the other is our city dispatcher. Really like both guys a lot, but that's seems to be happening all over the system.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Don't you have some "comments" to post on the Political board or something else to do besides continually rubbing salt in wounds here?!
How is my post rubbing salt in anyone's wound? Unless you are one of those management people that it nut kicked, it shouldn't be offensive to any one else. So it should be safe to assume that you are management.

Easy Flash. I sort of disagree with ya pale. Most of the good old boys are gone. Good example, not taking anything from these two young men, these guys were 4 hour casuals last year. One is opp's manager and the other is our city dispatcher. Really like both guys a lot, but that's seems to be happening all over the system.

Your example should be alarming to most people, but by us not knowing their background I can't say if they are qualified or not. They might have good past experience.
But I doubt that the old boys are all gone company wide. I've been gone for three years, not ten.

All I can speak for is Memphis and the only manager that is old Holland is our TM. He is from St Louis city dispatch and lastly TM of Wassua terminal.

At some point in time everyone has been a Negative Nancy. But always negative all the time?

And everywhere you go on the board you do nothing but continually pick fights for no reason other that Schadenfreuden. Guess what I'm saying is, it gets really old. . . "Second verse same as the first" AND repeat.

At some point in time everyone has been a Negative Nancy. But always negative all the time?

And everywhere you go on the board you do nothing but continually pick fights for no reason other that Schadenfreuden. Guess what I'm saying is, it gets really old. . . "Second verse same as the first" AND repeat.

In Flash's defense,there is a whole lot of truth in what you call the negativity he speaks of.

City dispatcher told me, a guy came in for a road test, and saw what he was taking it in and said "um, no thanks"..lol. That's pretty bad

So you can't handle the truth then. You accuse me of being negative all of the time but the truth often hurts and is negative. You didn't refute my accusation that you are probably management either......and probably for good reason. You are probably one of those worthless mid level ones that I described.

And everywhere you go on the board you do nothing but continually pick fights......
You couldn't be more wrong. I get on here to stimulate conversation because I still want to hear from people that I've been chatting with for the last 6+years, and I still want to know what's going on around there. Many of us have had our differences in opinions, and we've hashed them out over the years, but we all still have one thing in common........driving. We all disagree with each other from time to time, but that's what a chat forum is.....debating and conversation. If you can't handle an opposing viewpoint, YOU are the one who needs to disappear.
Over the years, I watched this Holland forum remain silent for weeks without a single new post, and it probably even got to the point of being considered for elimination completely, so I would purposely find something to post, just to stimulate some activity and keep this forum active. Point being, don't waste your time telling me to leave........that is...... until you own this site.

So until a moderator or the owner of this site tells me to stay off it, get used to me.......I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.

Guess what I'm saying is, it gets really old. . . "Second verse same as the first" AND repeat.
If you can't handle someone else's viewpoint and opinion, you shouldn't be on any chat forums.

Just one other thought.

As most of you know, I don't work there any more, I voluntarily left over three years ago. I will NEVER (yes, that's right NEVER) work for another YRCW company. If I were to go back into trucking........it wouldn't be there. I'd flip burgers before I went back there.
So I have nothing to lose by exposing some of the crap that went on there, where some of you do have to worry about retaliation from the company if you said the things that I say. (and I fully understand that)

A lot of the things that I post about the company and how they ran it, are in an effort to speak out for change within the company and for the friends of mine that are still there, and giving the remaining employees a voice, since most employees are real cautious about what they are willing to say on here.

I, on the other hand, don't care what they think because they no longer own me. Many of my posts are made with the intent of opening eyes within the upper levels of management at the company. I often try to speak for you guys who can't say it themselves because I have nothing to lose.

I am one of the founding members of 414 and part of the team that originally put Lytle into office. Yes, that Walt Lytle who was city steward at Ft Wayne Carolina, and eventually became VP and Freight director. Me afraid of Company intimidation? Lol . . . the only one that has a problem is you which is little man syndrome.

Snark Monkey over out!