FedEx Freight | My experience with Teamsters Local 71

You stepped on your Johnson once again. You started your post not saying why you were terminated. You say you can't because of ongoing legal. The nlrb told you you effed up you forged a signature so if they can't help you I guess local 71 was right from the get go in not being able to help you because they knew what the outcome would have been. Guys like you Crack me up when you think the union can work miracles. They told all of us from day 1 if you steal or put your hands on someone there is nothing they can do. You forged a customers signature did you bump your head or were on the special bus.

You stepped on your Johnson once again. You started your post not saying why you were terminated. You say you can't because of ongoing legal. The nlrb told you you effed up you forged a signature so if they can't help you I guess local 71 was right from the get go in not being able to help you because they knew what the outcome would have been. Guys like you Crack me up when you think the union can work miracles. They told all of us from day 1 if you steal or put your hands on someone there is nothing they can do. You forged a customers signature did you bump your head or were on the special bus.

It's all a brotherhood until someone disagrees. You then all come out like a pack of wolves and attack. After all I've done for you all and this is the thanks I get. Excuse me for posting the truth about Local 71. I see your true colors now. I'm even further pleased with my decision to out Local 71.

When my case is decided in Washington at the NLRB you can read the decision here. I'll post it for everyone.

My experience with Teamsters Local 71 in Charlotte North Carolina:

After going through a brutal organizing campaign against Fedex freight, and winning our election, I was subsequently targeted and terminated, as I was a key organizer for the campaign to organize. The local union hall did nothing to help. I was told by the Local President there, Steve B, "well thanks for all you've done for us", and he hung up the phone.

No offer to help me find a new job no help filing unfair labor charges, just nothing. I remember how Ken Hall promised me when I traveled 6 hours one way to hold a meeting with him and other drivers at another terminal how he wouldn't let anything happen to us and he would fight for as long as it took to protect us. Of course that was all a big lie.

Steve B and Ernie W of Teamsters Local 71 made those same promises multiple times during our campaign to organize. Now I was left to struggle to pay my bills out of work and scrambling to find a job while they enjoy driving brand new customized Chevrolet trucks paid for by the Union and drawing their fat salaries.

I guess I was all used up and they had nothing further to gain from me so they just threw me to the side. I guess everyone's expendable once they've used you.

I'm not saying all Teamsters Locals are this way but I am saying to be leary before you put yourself on the line, because there may not be anyone there to catch you when you fall.

Your the one that started the post your the one telling the lies. Oh by the way your not going to win your appeal especially exposing yourself or them on social media, good luck.

Mr. Administrator have we loosened our rules on this page. I know it's been along time since I've been on. Such language that had been used by dick was never tolerated on hear and always had a guy kicked off. Smh

Mr. Administrator have we loosened our rules on this page. I know it's been along time since I've been on. Such language that had been used by dick was never tolerated on hear and always had a guy kicked off. Smh

A desperate attempt to silence your perceived opposition? I am not your opposition. I merely posted my story with my local Union. I have not once bypassed the language filter.

No. I left it alone after this.I don't need daily reminders of what is, and what should never be. (To quote Led Zeppelin). I did apply today to a major chip manufacturer looking for tractor traiker drivers. I'm making good money now but it's just a stop gap job to something better.

Good move, get away from freight and never look back, it's a cesspool full of whipped puppies.

Why aren't you being honest and tell the hole story. You forged your name on a bill. That is a big no no. That's why you got fired and there is nothing the local can do for you without a contract. So don't blame the local for your stupidity.

I'm confused. How can you forge your own name?

I deleted your post because I could see that you're trying to garner sympathy when in all reality, you screwed up.

You drop off a shipment at a business customer location. You say a dock worker signed for it. They notice damage on the shipment, call FXF and report that no one signed for it. You write a statement in which you proclaimed no wrong doing and expressed that you wanted to invoke your Weingarten rights. Then you tell a regional security director and change your written statement to maybe you did sign for the shipment. You're not credible. If this were the case, you should've gone to that shipper and got a statement. You invoke Weingarten rights then change your story. That's the equivalent of being questioned by the police, requesting a lawyer and then giving them rope to hang you with. Then, how long did you wait to file charges?? Don't **** down everyone's back and tell them it's raining.

I was trying to save you from looking like a jackass on facebook but I guess we had to do this on TB. Fine with me. No threats here, I don't talk it unless I'm willing to walk it. You were very important to the organizing drive at CLT but that doesn't give you a get out of jail free card when you put your own balls in a vice.

No fake name here either. If you don't know who owns this account then you obviously aren't very interested in the organizing campaign or read my previous posts. P.s., I started that facebook page.

This was not retaliation on the part if the company, this was you screwing up. There is nothing the Local can do in your situation. They tried coming up with options for employment for you but you went your own road. We've talked on the phone many times and you seem like a nice guy...aside from going off like a pissed off teenager at me in your recent posts.

Own what you did and move on.

I deleted your post because I could see that you're trying to garner sympathy when in all reality, you screwed up.

You drop off a shipment at a business customer location. You say a dock worker signed for it. They notice damage on the shipment, call FXF and report that no one signed for it. You write a statement in which you proclaimed no wrong doing and expressed that you wanted to invoke your Weingarten rights. Then you tell a regional security director and change your written statement to maybe you did sign for the shipment. You're not credible. If this were the case, you should've gone to that shipper and got a statement. You invoke Weingarten rights then change your story. That's the equivalent of being questioned by the police, requesting a lawyer and then giving them rope to hang you with. Then, how long did you wait to file charges?? Don't **** down everyone's back and tell them it's raining.

I was trying to save you from looking like a jackass on facebook but I guess we had to do this on TB. Fine with me. No threats here, I don't talk it unless I'm willing to walk it. You were very important to the organizing drive at CLT but that doesn't give you a get out of jail free card when you put your own balls in a vice.

No fake name here either. If you don't know who owns this account then you obviously aren't very interested in the organizing campaign or read my previous posts. P.s., I started that facebook page.

This was not retaliation on the part if the company, this was you screwing up. There is nothing the Local can do in your situation. They tried coming up with options for employment for you but you went your own road. We've talked on the phone many times and you seem like a nice guy...aside from going off like a pissed off teenager at me in your recent posts.

Here's the story:

I was accused by FedEx of forging a customers name on a delivery receipt. It was a trumped up charge plain and simple. I denied doing it and requested my Weingarten rights. Two days later security had me in the office upstairs. I then requested my weingarten rights again. They were of course denied and my job threatened multiple times. I was told the only way to save my job was sign a confession and I relented. I did what I thought I had to do at the time to save my job. I have a child and a wife who's a stay at home Mom. I did what I thought was my best option to save my job. I was put through a police style interrogation by the former officer turned security. I was under a lot of stress and pressure in that room.I see after how the Local handled it, it was still probably my best option. The Local knows I have a child. The Local President has enjoyed several photops with him. If they couldn't help then why did the NLRB find merit to my case?

The Local wasn't even willing to make a few phone calls on my behalf for some job leads. You making your post trying to defend them proves you have no idea about brotherhood. You exemplify what's wrong with that organization. You're an ******* who's blinded by his own selfishness.

Travis you don't want my story on your page because it doesn't fit your agenda or else we'd be having this discussion there. Better yet, call me on the phone.

I'm still going to be on the excelsior list when the decertification vote takes place. I'll be certain to return to vote no. Steve B and Local 71 won't reap the fruits of my labor.

How am I selfish? If anything, I should be the person in most fear of retaliation. I was rooting for you to no end until I started putting puzzle pieces together. What I want to know is what you plan to accomplish with this Internet tantrum. If I was in your position, I'd be quiet as a church mouse until a verdict was handed down. Brotherhood? If my own blood relative brother was in your position, I'd do the same thing. This is not an issue of brotherhood but rather an issue of conflicting facts and those facts not being in your favor.

How am I selfish? If anything, I should be the person in most fear of retaliation. I was rooting for you to no end until I started putting puzzle pieces together. What I want to know is what you plan to accomplish with this Internet . If I was in your position, I'd be quiet as a church mouse until a verdict was handed down. Brotherhood? If my own blood relative brother was in your position, I'd do the same thing. This is not an issue of brotherhood but rather an issue of conflicting facts and those facts not being in your favor.

I don't need you to "put pieces together". I told the story above. I supose you thought I was going to run from the truth and somehow be ashamed of it? Nope. I'm not having a "tantrum" but you guys certainly are since I've come forward. It's been four months since my termination. I've done a lot of soul searching and thinking over the course of those months. It's time to come clean with the truth to save anyone else from heartache. As I stated in my original post. I'm not bashing the Teamsters just my Local. People are entitled to the truth. The one's left at Charlotte are especially entitled to the truth of the Local they're fighting for. Personally, I don't think Steve B deserves those men. They're too good for him and his bunch of cronies.

Here is where I'm having trouble. If I get taking in for questioning for a murder I didn't do I am going to be kicking and screaming I didn't do it. You of all people in organizing should have known your rights the reason why you were scared of losing your job is because you were wrong and forged the shippers name. And if you didn't then shame on you for changing your story and admitting to something you didn't do. If I did no wrong there is no way I'm changing to guilt . Shame on you.