FedEx Freight | My experience with Teamsters Local 71

I don't understand the whole signature thing, is this done electronically or is there a paper document? Was there someone there at the receiving department or was nobody around and the freight was just dumped on the dock? Sorry, I was linehaul, just trying to understand how this could even happen.

We know each other to a degree. We met in West Virginia when I traveled up there overnight to try and help Local 175. Let me ask you this, do you think my Local handled my case properly after all I've done in these campaigns? West Virginia wasn't the end of my external organizing efforts.

No i do not think they handled your case properly. I don't know if you actually have a case though that will get your job back. Back to my question it's important because we have guys that have messed up broke rules and think the company targeted them because of them being in favor of union, which couldn't be further from the truth if you break rules you get punished the same as anybody else regardless of which side you stand on as far as my center stands.

I don't understand the whole signature thing, is this done electronically or is there a paper document? Was there someone there at the receiving department or was nobody around and the freight was just dumped on the dock? Sorry, I was linehaul, just trying to understand how this could even happen.

We have paper and someone has to sign for freight before we can leave it. DD will have to answer the rest of your ?'s

Its a paper document. As it was explained to me by Fedex Freight: A customer tried filing a claim one month after getting their delivery of newspaper inserts claiming damage. The claim was denied, as they had signed clear a month prior. They then denied signing for the freight and I was accused of falsifying their signature.

Up to this point, with the exception of my union activities, I was a model employee. I was not once ever written up or given any sort of warnings.

No i do not think they handled your case properly. I don't know if you actually have a case though that will get your job back. Back to my question it's important because we have guys that have messed up broke rules and think the company targeted them because of them being in favor of union, which couldn't be further from the truth if you break rules you get punished the same as anybody else regardless of which side you stand on as far as my center stands.

CT, it seems to me you are accusing me of doing what I've already denied doing. I guess you're wanting to throw me under the bus as my "friends" have done? Go see my response under Choo Choo on page three.

CT, it seems to me you are accusing me of doing what I've already denied doing. I guess you're wanting to throw me under the bus as my "friends" have done? Go see my response under Choo Choo on page three.

Sorry for the confusion I didn't accuse you of anything. So what did they fire you for? Did you forge someone's name or not. I'm confused now lol. I could care less which side you stand on now, I will be forever grateful for what you guys did for us. I consider you a friend even though we only met once, again good luck and you got my number if you need my help.

Now I have a question, did CLT vote to go union? Are they waiting on trying to get a contract? Or was the organizing drive lost?

Wouldn't it be easy to compare signatures or names? just trying to understand.

Of course. They were just looking to get rid of me. I had been on that route for one full year. My customers loved me. Most all had my personal phone number and called me all upset when they heard I was gone. As I said, I was a model employee. Now, whether FedEx made this up, or the opportunity fell in their lap I'm not sure. It's probably just the opportunity presented itself to rid themselves of an organizer and they jumped at the chance.

Now I have a question, did CLT vote to go union? Are they waiting on trying to get a contract? Or was the organizing drive lost?

We won our election in November of 2014. The election is being contested by FedEx in Circuit court. The official results were 110 Yes to 97 No

If you won that election then the union should be able to protest and argue on your behalf for the discharge. At this point the company cannot change anything without the union's approval. That includes, but it not limited to, wages, health benefits and all other negotiable items.

I don't understand why the Local isn't doing more. :confused1: You have filed a charge with the NLRB on your own and it is being investigated. What has your NLRB agent said, if anything? Hasn't he or she asked you why the Local wasn't filing that charge? The first thing that should have happened when you filed the charges would have been a face to face meeting with your assigned Agent, who should be a lawyer who's full time job is with the NLRB. Did you investigate filing a DFR against the Local too? How much time has passed, you have 6 months to file your charges from the date of the discharge.

Regardless of all the back and forth on this subject, let me just say that I hope the future finds you well, DD. I'm sure everyone here can agree on that. You've debated pretty hotly right up there with Red, johndeere and myself in defending what you believed was right, and I can't imagine how terrible this betrayal of your beliefs must feel. I hope I speak for my comrades as well as myself when I say that I didn't want to be proven right.

They shouldn't have done nothing, as SuperCourse pointed out that the union USED to have the integrity to defend their members right or wrong. That they failed to lift a finger here shows that's simply not the case anymore.

Best of luck to your future endeavors, DD.

I don't understand why the Local isn't doing more. :confused1: You have filed a charge with the NLRB on your own and it is being investigated. What has your NLRB agent said, if anything? Hasn't he or she asked you why the Local wasn't filing that charge? The first thing that should have happened when you filed the charges would have been a face to face meeting with your assigned Agent, who should be a lawyer who's full time job is with the NLRB. Did you investigate filing a DFR against the Local too? How much time has passed, you have 6 months to file your charges from the date of the discharge.

It's been four months. I haven't thought about filing against the Local. That's something to look into. Thanks for pointing that out. One charge I filed against the company was found to have merit. The other I've had to appeal to Washington D.C. I met a over a month ago for a face to face sworn affidavit. I filed the charges against the company January 5th.

I would expect that drivers have forged customer names on DR's but most times it goes unchecked. If ever it had happened before and they were not discharged and you had that evidence it would be monumental to your case. Far fetched notion but, you never know, someone might have some experience with it.

I would expect that drivers have forged customer names on DR's but most times it goes unchecked. If ever it had happened before and they were not discharged and you had that evidence it would be monumental to your case. Far fetched notion but, you never know, someone might have some experience with it.

Well I've actually been told in the past by dispatch to leave freight and hand write in the name. I had them send a message to my handheld computer to cover my rear. That's a pretty common thing to happen at Fedex.

Well I've actually been told in the past by dispatch to leave freight and hand write in the name. I had them send a message to my handheld computer to cover my rear. That's a pretty common thing to happen at Fedex.
Well...it's a thread to toss into the argument.