FedEx Freight | My experience with Teamsters Local 71

http://www.truckingboards.com/bb/threads/charlotte-results.63780/page-6#post-875530

Charlotte drivers fell for the trap and will soon learn that the Teamsters only want their dues. They will offer nothing of value in return. Just look at YRC. Drivers are working for much less than those at non-union companies. If you want to know the truth about the union just talk to some employees at YRC or ABF. Ask them about their last pay raise or how their Teamster controlled pension and health care are working for them. The Teamsters are only in this for the money. I suspect there will be a lot of buyer’s remorse from Charlotte employees.

I don't need you to "put pieces together". I told the story above. I supose you thought I was going to run from the truth and somehow be ashamed of it? Nope. I'm not having a "tantrum" but you guys certainly are since I've come forward. It's been four months since my termination. I've done a lot of soul searching and thinking over the course of those months. It's time to come clean with the truth to save anyone else from heartache. As I stated in my original post. I'm not bashing the Teamsters just my Local. People are entitled to the truth. The one's left at Charlotte are especially entitled to the truth of the Local they're fighting for. Personally, I don't think Steve B deserves those men. They're too good for him and his bunch of cronies.
Your a fool and know wonder why you were terminated

I think everyone is missing the point here, the title of this thread should've read "Broken Promises!!"

I don't look at what DD did or didn't do to get terminated but rather how time and time again during his time campaigning on the local's behalf, he was told he would be taken care of multiple times by multiple people...from the Pres of the local to Ken Hall himself, the man was told/promised he would be protected/taken care of!!! Surprise surprise, when :dispirited: hit the fan he was hung out to dry!! All of the hard work this man did, on their behalf, and they said "thanks" as they hung up the phone....wow!!! Where was the local when he needed them the most?? He was there for them, where were they?? Broken promises!!

Now on to my second observation....I noticed once he posted his opinion, on several social outlets, his own "brothers" came out of the woodworks to attack him...Wow, again!!!!
If this is the kind of "brotherhood" that this local or the IBT themselves are selling (I and many others see their "you're either with us or you're against us" attitudes daily), it's no shocker why no one else in the LTL industry wants anything to do with them!!! With "brothers" like this, who needs enemies!!???!!

Last edited:
I think everyone is missing the point here, the title of this thread should've read "Broken Promises!!"

I don't look at what DD did or didn't do to get terminated but rather how time and time again during his time campaigning on the local's behalf, he was told he would be taken care of multiple times by multiple people...from the Pres of the local to Ken Hall himself, the man was told/promised he would be protected/taken care of!!! Surprise surprise, when :frog:he was hung out to dry!! All of the hard work this man did, on their behalf, and they said "thanks" as they hung up the phone....wow!!! Where was the local when he needed them the most?? He was there for them, where were they?? Broken promises!!

Now on to my second observation....I noticed once he posted his opinion, on several social outlets, his own "brothers" came out of the woodworks to attack him...Wow, again!!!!
If this is the kind of "brotherhood" that this local or the IBT themselves are selling (I and many others see their "you're either with us or you're against us" attitudes daily), it's no shocker why no one else in the LTL industry wants anything to do with them!!! With "brothers" like this, who needs enemies!!???!!
Believe in the union or not, the Teamsters have a problem that goes all the way to the top. Would that stop me from signing a card if I worked at a union shop? No. But as it stands right now, I wouldn't go out of my way to seek representation.

Regardless of what events led to DD being terminated, the fact that the Teamsters shamelessly lied to him is what really matters here. As he's said, the case itself is pending and irrelevant to the discussion. What this is about is how the Teamsters used him to help get CLT's vote and hung him out to dry after all their phony promises.

I don't look at what DD did or didn't do to get terminated but rather how time and time again during his time campaigning on the local's behalf, he was told he would be taken care of multiple times by multiple people...from the Pres of the local to Ken Hall himself, the man was told/promised he would be protected/taken care of!!! Surprise surprise, when :dispirited: hit the fan he was hung out to dry!! All of the hard work this man did, on their behalf, and they said "thanks" as they hung up the phone....wow!!! Where was the local when he needed them the most?? He was there for them, where were they?? Broken promises!!

Lol you drama Queens dramatize everything. The part you leave out is the local could not help him and they should have told him that up front. The rule he violated would have gotten anyone fired plain and simple. You queens can spin it and play the victim card all you want everyone knows the truth.

Lol you drama Queens dramatize everything. The part you leave out is the local could not help him and they should have told him that up front. The rule he violated would have gotten anyone fired plain and simple. You queens can spin it and play the victim card all you want everyone knows the truth.

For starters CT, the Local could have had the courtesy to return my phone calls. The NLRB has found merit to my charge therefore the Local could have filed charges on my behalf. The Local could have at least attempted to help with some job leads. Two drivers begged Steve B to return my calls after my suspension. Steve B, the Local President, said for me to file charges on my own because I "definitely had a case". When Fedex notified me they had moved to termination, Steve B didn't have the courtesy to return my calls or answer my text to his cellular phone. I haven't heard one word from them since my termination.

For starters CT, the Local could have had the courtesy to return my phone calls. The NLRB has found merit to my charge therefore the Local could have filed charges on my behalf. The Local could have at least attempted to help with some job lcods. Two drivers begged Steve B to return my calls after my suspension. Steve B, the Local President, said for me to file charges on my own because I "definitely had a case". When Fedex notified me they had moved to termination, Steve B didn't have the courtesy to return my calls or answer my text to his cellular phone. I haven't heard one word from them since my termination.

I got ya yes he should have returned your calls but if they would have filed the charges for you would it have mattered? If they filed the charges and lost would you still blame them? Yes I would have thought they could have helped you with some job leads but in the end it would have been the company which you applied for decision whether to hire you or not.

I got ya yes he should have returned your calls but if they would have filed the charges for you would it have mattered? If they filed the charges and lost would you still blame them? Yes I would have thought they could have helped you with some job leads but in the end it would have been the company which you applied for decision whether to hire you or not.

The local can have a great deal of influence in that decision.

As far as charges, I'm sure it would have helped having their attorney review the case and filing on my behalf. It's all speculation on that point, so it's hard to say if it would have helped. Morally I believe they should have honored their word and done something. They chose instead to treat me like I didn't exist. Red and Canadien flyer nailed it.

I joined the Teamsters in 1972, a lot has changed since then. In the past the Teamsters fought for you right or wrong. Just like having a defense lawyer in court even if it appears quite obvious you're guilty. One man against the corp has no chance, they get to paint the picture and they're good at it.

As far as charges, I'm sure it would have helped having their attorney review the case and filing on my behalf. It's all speculation on that point, so it's hard to say if it would have helped. Morally I believe they should have honored their word and done something. They chose instead to treat me like I didn't exist. Red and Canadien flyer nailed it.

Yes that is what I'm asking you how actually could they have helped you get your job back? Do you not agree you broke a rule that would have gotten anyone fired? The only thing you have to argue against with company is them not letting you use your wiengarten rights. I'm pretty sure that was your fault also by going ahead with the interrogation with out your union representative. I like you d and don't think by my posts that I'm turning on you but you need to man up and realize you were in the wrong and take accountability for your own actions.

Stop trying to pick a fight! Even when he sides with you, you can't just like the post. The only drama queen here is you!!

Yes that is what I'm asking you how actually could they have helped you get your job back? Do you not agree you broke a rule that would have gotten anyone fired? The only thing you have to argue against with company is them not letting you use your wiengarten rights. I'm pretty sure that was your fault also by going ahead with the interrogation with out your union representative. I like you d and don't think by my posts that I'm turning on you but you need to man up and realize you were in the wrong and take accountability for your own actions.

We know each other to a degree. We met in West Virginia when I traveled up there overnight to try and help Local 175. Let me ask you this, do you think my Local handled my case properly after all I've done in these campaigns? West Virginia wasn't the end of my external organizing efforts.

Things are a little heated in this thread , I'll advise you all to cool it before I have to make some changes to some users status...