TForce | New Changes Comming Next Month At Ups Freight

Something is brewing for sure. We are hiring at a unheard of rate lately. Hours are a little over 40 and out the door. I think once Jacko takes over Clutch is right. UPS now will put its style and stamp on this organization. This is just the begining of being retooled. We are being geared up for a quicker pace. Not to mention retail is starting to filter in. Trust me when I say from experience Brown Takes No Prisoners!!! I know management is being fed a steady diet of Brown Machine Mix. My TM the other day said some of the senior people will not like the changes coming and leave, others will be shown the door. To me that just about sums it up. Show up and suit up, or theres the door.

I think your post is right on. No more overnite mgnt. at the top anymore. UPS will run our terminals like prison camps!:hide:

YOU ARE CORRECT, Final Warning & GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I heard a rumor, 1st late shipment, final warning, 2nd late shippment for the TM he's gone. At HRS they put 2 dockworkers out to track due frt. for the closest cut times.If this rumor is true,bye bye MK.

I didn't hear it I saw it in writing posted on the board at our terminal.

I posted the entire memo on the board.
It stated everything that would be done and what would happen if it wasn't.

It was was deleated because of rule #10

My fault, but it realy was a post to read!!!!!!!

I didn't hear it I saw it in writing posted on the board at our terminal.

I posted the entire memo on the board.
It stated everything that would be done and what would happen if it wasn't.

It was was deleated because of rule #10

My fault, but it realy was a post to read!!!!!!!

Would you PM it to me I would appreciate it.

My terminal has been getting most of us city drivers back before 6PM for a while now.
And we've been putting all of our pickup information in the system via our Diads.
So I don't see anything new as far as this thread topic?

Now as far as me being my terminals only safety trainer,the only real gripe I have is us safety trainers are just steering wheel holders with a lot of extra responsibilty with no extra pay.

If we trainers are going to have to watch out for all of our co-workers safety habits.
As well as quaifing new hires,and doing accident follow ups while trying to get our routes done.
Than UPS needs to throw us trainers a few more cents per hour in our pay checks.

Maybe I'm just venting here,but whats fair is fair I always say,and I feel for our extra duties we should be rewarded.

My terminal has been getting most of us city drivers back before 6PM for a while now.
And we've been putting all of our pickup information in the system via our Diads.
So I don't see anything new as far as this thread topic?

Now as far as me being my terminals only safety trainer,the only real gripe I have is us safety trainers are just steering wheel holders with a lot of extra responsibilty with no extra pay.

If we trainers are going to have to watch out for all of our co-workers safety habits.
As well as quaifing new hires,and doing accident follow ups while trying to get our routes done.
Than UPS needs to throw us trainers a few more cents per hour in our pay checks.

Maybe I'm just venting here,but whats fair is fair I always say,and I feel for our extra duties we should be rewarded.

They should have disclosed the pay before anyone volunteered to be safety cops.
I know, you didn't volunteer, you were appointed without the ability to say no.

The trainers in HRS get paid their normal pay to do the training.
I don't know when they last ran their runs.
The trainers that run sleeper teams get paid their sleeper miles to be home doing training.
You should talk to your TM and insist on equal pay for equal work...LOL

So are you a trainer or a UPS Police man?

I heard the trainers are just that....trainers...
but half of them are running around with clip boards policing the yard...and one in particular is policing where guys park when they go to Sunoco and Dunkin Donuts near HRS.
Granted they are parking in a no parking area on the shoulder...but is it a "trainers" duty to do a cops job?

The trainers that run sleeper teams get paid their sleeper miles to be home doing training.

but half of them are running around with clip boards policing the yard...and one in particular is policing where guys park when they go to Sunoco and Dunkin Donuts near HRS.
Granted they are parking in a no parking area on the shoulder...but is it a "trainers" duty to do a cops job?

The safety commitee on the dock at HRS is comprised of MNGT. a## kissers. The one guy has been there 13 yrs. and has probaly been late 12 of them, and I'm not talking 5 minutes late, I'm talking 1-2 hours late everyday.These people at HRS get these jobs,not by there hard work,but by there hobbies you know like gambling,drugs,and going out drinking with mngt. This is probaly one good thing OL' Jack. H. will take care of.:roll1:

As far as our regional safety captain is concearned , yes, we are to be policemen as well, it is part of our job to uphold the policy that restrains us, and I am not kidding, and I am sure you know who I am talking about.

Now I say we rise against the safety machine ,and put our cones on our heads.:hysterical: :smilie_132:

What these guys are told that they will be safety trainer/cop? And do some of these guys rat out other drivers/dock/yard employees to mangement?

What these guys are told that they will be safety trainer/cop? And do some of these guys rat out other drivers/dock/yard employees to mangement?

As far as I know, Bill...the original instructor is cool....but I know of at least two other trainers in HRS who are running around with clipboards trying to make a name for themselves.:butt kiss:

As far as our regional safety captain is concearned , yes, we are to be policemen as well, it is part of our job to uphold the policy that restrains us, and I am not kidding, and I am sure you know who I am talking about.

Now I say we rise against the safety machine ,and put our cones on our heads.:hysterical: :smilie_132:

Who's that, Logan?

If it is part of their job, they should have a new title and/or be promoted to management because currently their titles are just safety TRAINERS....which means they train people.

Well heres the deal as far as my safety training duties.
When I was first trained by Bill A. the super trucker out of HRS we were told to instruct our co-workers on all the safety issues UPS wants us to follow.
I also have to do a ride along with any new hire prospects to evaluate their driving skills.
I have to write out a report to say if I feel they are going to be an asset,or liabilty if they are going to be hired.
Now this is something I always have to pray about,so I can be as fair as possible.
If they don't get by my recomandations they don't go any farther in the hiring process.

I also have to evaluate driving, and working skills along with their attitude towards their accident,and the company,of any driver that has an accident,while I do my route.
Then write up a report that goes in their personal file.

Now heres the cop part.
I'm to be the example,and the eyes of my terminal regarding all of the safety rules.

Everyone nows by now what UPS wants.
I've addressed them to my co-workers face to face many times.
Lately they just flip me off,or tell me they don't like something,and for me to get over it.

These rules are from UPS not me,I'm just the overseer.
Well now its no more Mr.nice guy,the only thing I owe my co-workers is to continue to watch for their safety even if they don't want to do it themselves.
So now I write down the violation,the date,time,and their name.
Then turn it into my TM who can do whatever he wants with it.
Whenever I see linehaul drivers from other terminals coming in,and blowing off most of the yard rules I write down their tractor number,date time,and violation,then leave it in my TM's mail box.

Call me whatever you want.
I'm just doing what I was trained to do.
The only thing is though I feel I'm between a driver and management and should get more money for my extra efforts.

Yeah I hear you MR-UPSFREIGHT,you can't wait to see me get slammed big time.

Well let me put this to all of my UPS Freight co-workers accross the intire system.
Do what our company is paying you to do the way they want it done,and you won't have any problems.
Go against the system,and know someone may be watching you.
If its just your local safety trainer,and your supervisors you may get reamed out.
But if someone sees you from corporate,your going to be history.

When we were first rebranded I talked with a parcel driver that delivers on my route.
He told me we old Overniters didn't have to do anything UPS wants,but then he said just don't get caught,or your out the door.

Well heres the deal as far as my safety training duties.
When I was first trained by Bill A. the super trucker out of HRS we were told to instruct our co-workers on all the safety issues UPS wants us to follow.
I also have to do a ride along with any new hire prospects to evaluate their driving skills.
I have to write out a report to say if I feel they are going to be an asset,or liabilty if they are going to be hired.
Now this is something I always have to pray about,so I can be as fair as possible.
If they don't get by my recomandations they don't go any farther in the hiring process.

I also have to evaluate driving, and working skills along with their attitude towards their accident,and the company,of any driver that has an accident,while I do my route.
Then write up a report that goes in their personal file.

Now heres the cop part.
I'm to be the example,and the eyes of my terminal regarding all of the safety rules.

Everyone nows by now what UPS wants.
Lately they just flip me off,or tell me they don't like something,and for me to get over it.

These rules are from UPS not me,I'm just the overseer.
Well now its no more Mr.nice guy,the only thing I owe my co-workers is to continue to watch for their safety even if they don't want to do it themselves.
So now I write down the violation,the date,time,and their name.
Then turn it into my TM who can do whatever he wants with it.
Whenever I see linehaul drivers from other terminals coming in,and blowing off most of the yard rules I write down their tractor number,date time,and violation,then leave it in my TM's mail box.

Call me whatever you want.
I'm just doing what I was trained to do.
The only thing is though I feel I'm between a driver and management and should get more money for my extra efforts.

Your doing mangements job. I sure hope you don't continue this after you become a Teamster.

Yeah I hear you MR-UPSFREIGHT,you can't wait to see me get slammed big time.

Well let me put this to all of my UPS Freight co-workers accross the intire system.
Do what our company is paying you to do the way they want it done,and you won't have any problems.
Go against the system,and know someone may be watching you.
If its just your local safety trainer,and your supervisors you may get reamed out.
But if someone sees you from corporate,your going to be history.

I have always heard ya get what ya pay for. Since you are being paid nothing to be a safety man, saying nothing makes sense to me. If someone wants to risk his/her job, that is that individual's choice. Having people lurking to stab you in the back does not seem to be the wise choice. Just my opinion....I could be wrong.

Apo:

I can't believe that they let you guys pick and choose. Although you have the "Safety training", you are still basically untrained in the staffing side of Human Resources.

They should take into consideration your evaluation of the prospective employee, and nothing more. It should be up to the TM to Say yea or nea.

Apo:

Our "Safety Trainer" doesn't take his title that seriously, in fact, the management at our terminal is more interested in writing up drivers for parking in the wrong spot than enforcing any of the safety rules.

It's a complete joke, and your fellow workers might see it the same way.

It sounds like your having too much trouble with your new "responsibilities", maybe you should step down and hand the crown to someone else. Then maybe they will see what you are going through and the flip-offs will cease.

Your doing mangements job. I sure hope you don't continue this after you become a Teamster.

When I worked for a union foodservice co, the driver supervisors (which don't sound too different from the safety trainers we have here) were non-union and were considered part of management. They got the same pay, and were doing the same job as the rest but were Driver sups.