TForce | New Changes Comming Next Month At Ups Freight

Well beleave me I've asked many times to be released from being a trainer.
The only way out is if
I retire,or have a preventable accident which could get me fired.

After I'm gone,UPS Freights safety department will have a very,very hard time recruiting another sucker to take on these added duties.

All of my current co-workers say no way would they want the extra hassel,without seeing more money in their check.

You must have signed something somewhere along the line for them to be able to hold you to it, If they hired you as a driver then your a driver, if they hired you as a Driver/Saftyman and didn't request more money shame on you, but if I were hired on as a driver and they asked me to do training and they had better have some extra cash in the pockets or I wouldn't do it, If you didn't ask for the extra cash then you are the fool, and nice guys finish last. like someone said you are doing managment duties for a truck driver wage.

or even some of the over zealot safety trainers that wish they were policemen.:butt kiss:

This isn't directed at you Greezy, unless you fit into that category.:smilie_132:

EVERY CHANCE I GET!!!!!!!!!!!! You know I'm a company Joe and everything......Stay late come inearly and bring the :nutkick: knee pads.......YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!!

I come in a little early to put my lunch bag,and a large bottle of spring water in my tractor,so I don't have to stop at my pickup when I'm ready to go out with my route trailer.
I also stay a little later,after I clock out to kick back,and unwind from my work day,so when I go home to my wife I will be in a good mood.

So there you go,does this make me a company lover?

I come in a little early to put my lunch bag,and a large bottle of spring water in my tractor,so I don't have to stop at my pickup when I'm ready to go out with my route trailer.
I also stay a little later,after I clock out to kick back,and unwind from my work day,so when I go home to my wife I will be in a good mood.

So there you go,does this make me a company lover?

You're the poster child for company man.:biglaugh: :hysterical:

steve5 your just kidding me aren't you?
Say it isn't so.
You only know me by this truckingboard how can you really know if I'm a real company man or not?

I thank the good Lord every day that I'm not apart of UPSF anymore! Reading all about what's going on system wide with all of the new rules and an employee handbook that's printed in pencil.
It just sounds to me that UPS is creating an atmosphere where everyone is turning on each other.
I know if I was a trainer stuck in that position against my will, I would just look the other way and say "I didn't see a thing".
Then they would get what they're paying for, nothing and that's what should be given in return, nothing!
UPSF always are looking for charity workers and volunteers, when it becomes manditory, then it's time to go.
I still hope for the best for you remaining there at UPSF.:1036316054:

I thank the good Lord every day that I'm not apart of UPSF anymore! Reading all about what's going on system wide with all of the new rules and a an employee handbook that's printed in pencil.
It just sounds to me that UPS is creating an atmosphere where everyone is turning on each other.
I know if I was a trainer stuck in that position against my will, I would just look the other way and say "I didn't see a thing".
Then they would get what they're paying for, nothing and that's what should be given in return, nothing!
UPSF always are looking for charity workers and volunteers, when it becomes manditory, then it's time to go.

Thank you I love it here. I think it's the best job on the planet. I hope you like where you are at NOW. We don't need any people here that have poor attitudes and don't like the company.

At least you did something that I wish other unhappy drivers here would do. {QUIT!}

Thank you I love it here. I think it's the best job on the planet. I hope you like where you are at NOW. We don't need any people here that have poor attitudes and don't like the company.

At least you did something that I wish other unhappy drivers here would do. {QUIT!}

This is starting to sound like the Estes threads.

I agree 100% :1036316054:
This is the up and coming LTL company and I feel this is the place to be.
I also feel sorry for the ones that quit. The rules are simple, plain and for our own good. There is absolutely nothing hard about the job.
I can't wait for the UPS hammer to hit the old rusty Overnite nail. :hide:

Well the way the American economy has tanked lately.
If your earning enough to feed your family,and have a good roof over your head.
You'll be a lot better off making the most of any job you currently have.

I don't know about how most of my co-workers feel.
But as for me,I thank God all the time that I'm high up on the senority list at a UPS company.

I thank the good Lord every day that I'm not apart of UPSF anymore! Reading all about what's going on system wide with all of the new rules and an employee handbook that's printed in pencil.

This is exactly what our trainer is doing, looking the other way.

And this Great company puts out the rules and then forgets about them until the next serious accident in the yard. Sad but true.

I can go through the yard without a seat belt, leave the truck on when hooking up, but don't I dare park in the wrong spot. It will be write up time.

If you come to my terminal be prepared to follow all of the yard rules the way UPS wants them done.
Or get reamed out,by someone watching you violating something.

I'd much rather have all of my co-workers hating me,then to have to go to their funeral.

If you come to my terminal be prepared to follow all of the yard rules the way UPS wants them done.
Or get reamed out,by someone watching you violating something.

I'd much rather have all of my co-workers hating me,then to have to go to their funeral.

I only seem to go to the busiest terminals, there too busy working and don't seem to have time to write down their own drivers violations let alone watch me closely.

You can always spot me, I'm the slowest truck in the yard.

This is exactly what our trainer is doing, looking the other way.

And this Great company puts out the rules and then forgets about them until the next serious accident in the yard. Sad but true.

I can go through the yard without a seat belt, leave the truck on when hooking up, but don't I dare park in the wrong spot. It will be write up time.
UPS set the rules and expects each terminal to abide by them.
I feel they are being kind right now as far as allowing us to conform to the rules on our own terms through safety meetings, postings etc.
Also allowing us to politely police others with friendly reminders. (Not to be taken personally)
If more incidents start happening after we have been given the opportunity to conform. The only way I see them enforcing it is through progressive discipline. Get enough and you will be booted. That should wake us all up.

Funny thing is not all safety trainers abide by these rules. I've seen a few idling their tractors, speeding through the yards, driving the wrong way, not stopping at yard stop signs, not wearing their "hit me" vests, not following the 3 points of contact, and not beeping prior to backing their tractor or tractor trailer.

Accountability is just around the corner so we all better start practicing this so we don't slip up and get caught. I do 100% of the time, it was tough but now it's habit.

Well I'm one safety trainer that trys to set the best example by doing everything UPS wants.
But on a side note,when these rules first came to use via the conference call back toward the end of April.
We safety trainers were told these all started with OHSA getting on UPS's case because of to many yard death in such a short time.

Heres the bottom line OHSA has a half million dollar fine hanging over UPS if they don't get all of their employees in a place where they will do everything safe,so no more people will have to lose their lives.

You know the old saying money talks.
It may be slim to none if an OHSA official comes to one of our yards to see if we are doing what we were trained to do.
But I for one wouldn't want to be the one thats not doing something if one of these officials happens to be watching.

I know people come to our docks for customer pickups,and deliveries.
So you may never know when an OHSA official is at your place.
Its better that we just get in the habit of getting it right,than to be caught with our fingers in the cookie jar,so to speak!