XPO | New Driver Pay Package

The pay is good but that's not everything ESPECIALLY if you have a family what good does it do to make $60K or more a year and buy toys if you can't even get the time off to enjoy them and when your older and you look back at all the stuff you missed with your kids is it REALLY going to be worth it's cause you made Brady Jacobs more money you think he's missing anything he's got planned for you
Quit then and stop crying. Go OTR and find out how bad it can be. This is a GREAT job. Good money and home every night. I get so sick of hearing drivers cry and cry about how bad things are. You have NO idea how bad things can be. Get out of the industry and see if you can make what we make. It is what it is, make your money and take care of your family.

At our barn if a guy gets back late he still gets his run even if he will be a late dispatch. I'm new to ltl but I have never seen a non union company use this bidding process. I was suprised this company did it this way. I figured they would just say here is where you are running.

Sit back and see how long that last. There all about the number and when your TM get his ass on the hot seat that will change real quick.

Top guys, starting with #1, draw two weeks. Number 2 draws next, and on down the line until everyone has drawn, then start over. What's 'unfair' about that?
The #1 guys will argue that they deserve to pick every one one of their weeks first, until they have none left, then you move on to driver #2. If they can only pick their first two weeks, they'd argue that their seniority was stepped on.

I don't care either way........just sayin'.

I say low-skill because driving a truck is classified as low-skill by the government.
I'll take note of that, and add that to my list of reasons why I think the Govt. is run by a bunch of dumbasses. If those fools in Washington had to spend a day in a truck before going to Washington they'd have a different attitude about truck drivers.
Personally, I think every new (young) driver should be required to spend a day with a city driver before they qualify for their driver's license. That way they'll understand how much space a truck needs for turning, they'd respect what truckers do, and they'd realize that they need to stay back and give the drivers room to maneuver.

The pay is good but that's not everything ESPECIALLY if you have a family what good does it do to make $60K or more a year and buy toys if you can't even get the time off to enjoy them and when your older and you look back at all the stuff you missed with your kids is it REALLY going to be worth it's cause you made Brady Jacobs more money you think he's missing anything he's got planned for you
I understand your point, but the fact is that if you want to make $60,000+ per year, you're not going to do it sitting at home and enjoying life with the family. In the trucking industry, "enjoying life with the family" will get you 38 to 42k per year. You can't have it both ways. Your company owns you during the week, you have to realize that. Make plans for the weekends and enjoy "life with the family", but for five days out of the week, you have to just spend what time you can with the family.
The big bucks come with big sacrifice.
Roll on........

The #1 guys will argue that they deserve to pick every one one of their weeks first, until they have none left, then you move on to driver #2. If they can only pick their first two weeks, they'd argue that their seniority was stepped on.

Is it done the same way at ALL your terminals? When I was there, I had heard it was a hodge-podge as to how each terminal dealt with it.

LOL no ones "CRYING" just stating my thoughts on a chat forum.
I understand this is not a 8 and skate 7-330 industry I've been here a decade and in LTL for 16 years in one of the guys sitting on 80 hours of PTO cause I can't seem to ever get time off yet guys that have been here 2-4 years off get every other Friday ( granted that could be my sorry TM)

Guess what I was trying to say maybe wasn't choosing the right wording is that yeah there's days where I'm frustrated that after a decade I can't get out the door till 1900-1930 at night that's all I'm saying

I think a lot of you guys and many guys at my barn and throughout this company don't know what it's like to work somewhere else in a more "new age" company and even outside trucking
"new age" as in liberal minded touchy feely FAIRNESS! using your fairness scale shouldn't i get a better bid then what i have now?after all i know i out perform some senior drivers at my barn so why should i have the last 10:30 bid RIGHT!!!!!!!! i want to do the 4 corner tour next year i want 4 weeks off to enjoy the ride and see EVERYTHING without looking at my watch to see if i have enuff time! so is it FAIR for me to tell senior drivers, hey i need june off so you can't take them o.k! why cant i take 4 weeks off in a row if i have the time?and after all do you think it's FAIR to me to take my time in may? that's gonna be a cold ride for me till i get down south! senority IS there for a reason better start times, better vacations,better truck selections.which is why indeed i will be making my trip in may instead of june,july,or august and why i'm #3 on l/h! nothing in life is "FAIR" taxes for example, nuff said their! so can we please stop the sniveling

LOL no ones "CRYING" just stating my thoughts on a chat forum.
I understand this is not a 8 and skate 7-330 industry I've been here a decade and in LTL for 16 years in one of the guys sitting on 80 hours of PTO cause I can't seem to ever get time off yet guys that have been here 2-4 years off get every other Friday ( granted that could be my sorry TM)
Take some of your time off in the winter when things slow down. You get some much deserved time off and your helping out the guys below you so they can work. I hear what you are saying, this job can be frustrating at times when you really need to get home and can't. That being said, when I was OTR I missed everything. Holidays, birthdays, anniversaries, etc. LTL is so much better for the family and the financials. I apologize for the crying remark driver.

The #1 guys will argue that they deserve to pick every one of their weeks first, until they have none left, then you move on to driver #2. If they can only pick their first two weeks, they'd argue that their seniority was stepped on.

Is it done the same way at ALL your terminals? When I was there, I had heard it was a hodge-podge as to how each terminal dealt with it.
Actually, where I came from, the senior guy picked first, until they had none left. Then you moved on to driver #2 and he picked until he didn't have any left. Seniority prevailed.

Just a note to the lower seniority guys who can't get the run that they want, that can't get the start time that they want, that can't get the truck that they want, and that can't get the vacation time that they want.
The higher seniority guys went through the exact same thing years ago, while they were coming up through the ranks. They suffered and couldn't get what they wanted either.........for a long time. They bit their tongue and sacrificed a lot of different things.......now it's your turn.

Just a note to the lower seniority guys who can't get the run that they want, that can't get the start time that they want, that can't get the truck that they want, and that can't get the vacation time that they want.
The higher seniority guys went through the exact same thing years ago, while they were coming up through the ranks. They suffered and couldn't get what they wanted either.........for a long time. They bit their tongue and sacrificed a lot of different things.......now it's your turn.

And with equipment that was waaaaayyy more horrifying than the refurbed Sterling Cadillacs of today.

Indeed! It took 20 years for me to get the run I wanted.